/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tackling low testosterone

anonymous
09-08-2014, 01:01 PM
What are ways outside of medicine that can help raise testosterone levels? I've included different types of foods that are claimed to do that and even started taking multivitamins but I have not noticed much of a difference. I feel like I have the majority of symptoms that come with low T and I really want to avoid going to the doctors because of any possibly side effects from medicine/therapy sessions.

I've lost interest in a lot of things, lack energy, have no motivation to do anything, lack any kind of "intimacy", I struggle to even get up for work. I took off one week of work and just sat on the couch/bed and did nothing and I still feel sluggish. I tried working out with no success. I turn 30 in November and all this started to happen within the past year. I fear this may turn into a long term issue.

I have been getting more job related stress and have really started to hate my job, so I'm wondering if these two combined are what's giving me these issues.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snow
09-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I would recommend eating non processed food and taking cod liver oil.
cod liver oil is healthy in itself and the benefits makes your body absorb nutrients from food better than without it.

Sleeping well seems to be connected with T levels being kept up.
Try to sleep well for 8 hours. Especially if you are exercising.

Muhaba
09-08-2014, 09:18 PM
What makes you think it is low testosterone that's causing the problem. Maybe you have a thyroid problem. Have your thyroxin tested. Or you may be experiencing burnout from too much work.

MuslimInshallah
09-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

From what I understand, you haven't actually been to a doctor yet, but you've tried to figure out what is wrong. And this is not a bad idea. However, you know, there are many other possibilities that could be responsible for your symptoms. I know you are uncomfortable with taking medicines, but I would vigourously recommend that you see a doctor to try to get a diagnosis. You don't have to take whatever medicine they might recommend, but at least you'd be able to get more information for yourself on what to do.

If you are not satisfied with one doctor's opinion, you could always consult with another, or even three (I recommend getting copies of all your tests, so the second or third doctor won't send you for the same tests again).

There are really many different medical problems that could be responsible for your symptoms. Until you have a clearer idea of what the problem is, you'll have problems finding a good solution. Doctors are not gods, but they are useful sources of information. As you already feel drained, I imagine you feel tired just at the thought of dealing with a doctor, but it is worth it. It may even be something very easy to remedy (as Dreamin suggested).

Take care of yourself.

May Allah Bless you with a speedy recovery.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
09-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Try powerlifting, if you don't already. Especially squats as it will increase production of testosterone. I advise you follow this program.

introspective
09-24-2014, 07:47 PM
The daily grind can suppress the urge to express your emotions.

Try to keep your mind busy.

Seek a life coach, talk to a close friend or confidant, or take up a traditional martial art.

May be your expectations of daily life are too high or unrealistic?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!