/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Question and Answer thread

strivingobserver98
09-08-2014, 06:35 PM
:sl:

This thread will be a question and answer thread answered by a qualified scholars. Please post your question below and the shaykhs will answer them in their own time.

:jz:

Edit: Thread reopened.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Musab
09-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Wa `Alaykumus Salaam.

Jazaakallaahu khayr.

Yenzin
09-08-2014, 07:06 PM
salams is it allowed to live amongst the shias??

786arman
09-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Aslamualaykum,

is it permissible to wear deodorant containing alcohol on your clothes and pray as it is not in direct contact with your skin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Musab
09-10-2014, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yenzin
salams is it allowed to live amongst the shias??
Wa `alaykumus salaam.

As muslims we should not live amongst the kuffaar, although a regular kaafir's kufr is apparent and therefore a person wouldn't be misled so easily, yet despite all that we are not supposed to live amongst them, what then still about living amongst a nation who are known for their lies , deceit and underhandedness?

Abu Musab
09-10-2014, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786arman
Aslamualaykum,

is it permissible to wear deodorant containing alcohol on your clothes and pray as it is not in direct contact with your skin.

wa `alaykumus salaam.

It would depend on the type of alcohol used in the perfume.

If it is denatured alcohol, or a synthetic alcohol made from chemicals, then in that case it will be permissible (although it is better to avoid it).

Wallaahu A`lam.

Abu Musab
09-11-2014, 03:39 PM
For those of you who are interested, Ummah.com - Muslim Forum in conjunction with Ummah Radio | Islamic and Muslim Radio Station hosts a live Q&A program every thursday evening at 8:30pm gmt / 9:30pm bst.

So if you have any questions you need answered then you can either post on ummah forum or you can send your questions on skype to: ummahradio

ibhamza
09-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Is a married brother with one wife off the market or is he available until he has four?

ibhamza
09-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Wife A had 6 children, 5 boys and 1 girl. Wife B has 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls. Their husband buys wife A a six bedroom house with a yard and swimming pool, he buys wife B a three bedroom house large yard no swimming pool. Is he being fair or is this justice?

saramoin
09-12-2014, 04:36 PM
assalamoalaikum..
i have a question which puzzling me as this question was asked by my teacher to me that what are the responsibilities and duties of muslim scientist in our modern era..plz give me links and books reference in urdu as well about this topic plzz.. i have to be prepare for this question in two days plz help me..

KhaledMohammad
09-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Assalamualikum,

I am a 17 year old Muslim.I believe in Allah and every word of his and I believe in my Prophet,Muhammad(PBUH).
I try to practice and spread Islam as much as I can.But I am not always successful.But I try.So try not to make Allah be angry at me.

Something is bugging me for quite sometime.I love computers alot.Not because of Facebook and Video Games(I don't play games).
I love computers because I love to gain Knowledge.At very small age I have started making softwares,Alhamdullilah.And I love computers
very very much.But not more than my Allah and my Prophet(PBUH). So I always wished that In Shaa Allah when I will go with my family to Janatul Ferdous.
I want computers there.

But I really want to know,the passion I have for computers is that wrong in Islam? I want to have a company and spend my time with computers,Is that wrong? Is being a Software Engineer Wrong?
I want to be as big as Google,Is that wrong?

I spend quite a few hours,learning about computers,Is that wrong?

And if Islam says it is wrong,I will leave it In Shaa Allah.But I don't wanna do harm with my Softwares,I want to create a change in good way.But being in Allah's Path.

I know I made questions a bit lengthy but I just really wanna know about it.

And is Islam give me scope to do something I love? Like Software Development and Robotics?

Keep me in your prayers. So that I can go with my family to Janatul Ferdous and In Shaa Allah meet you guys in Janat.Ameen.

Thanks.
From You Little Brother,
Khaled Mohammad.

strivingobserver98
09-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Is this hadith authentic?

Prophet (s) has said and urged us “be involved in business as 9 out of 10 sources of income lie in business” (Ihya)

saif-uddin
09-15-2014, 10:01 PM
:wasalam:

Ameen,

Alhumdulillah great news to to see Akhi Abu Mus'ab here :statisfie

BilalKid
09-19-2014, 02:56 AM
is there any kind of halal mortgage?

strivingobserver98
09-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Shaykh is having internet problems at the moment. :jz: for your patience.

Abu Musab
09-28-2014, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibhamza
Is a married brother with one wife off the market or is he available until he has four?
He still has resale value if that's what you mean, but whether he puts himself up for sale or not is all up to him.

Abu Musab
09-28-2014, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
is there any kind of halal mortgage?
I personally do not know of any, however it's best to consult with your local `ulamaa who may have information on people who are able to help with halaal loans.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Abu Musab
09-28-2014, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibhamza
Wife A had 6 children, 5 boys and 1 girl. Wife B has 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls. Their husband buys wife A a six bedroom house with a yard and swimming pool, he buys wife B a three bedroom house large yard no swimming pool. Is he being fair or is this justice?
Justice means to give equally according to each one's needs, not that both have to get everything identical.

So if the houses are sufficient for their needs then he has done justice.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Abu Musab
09-28-2014, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saramoin
assalamoalaikum..
i have a question which puzzling me as this question was asked by my teacher to me that what are the responsibilities and duties of muslim scientist in our modern era..plz give me links and books reference in urdu as well about this topic plzz.. i have to be prepare for this question in two days plz help me..
Wa `alaykumus salaam.

Well this seems to have come too late, but anyhow, unfortunately i can't help you with urdu links or books because i very rarely read anything in urdu.

Abu Musab
09-28-2014, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KhaledMohammad
Assalamualikum,

I am a 17 year old Muslim.I believe in Allah and every word of his and I believe in my Prophet,Muhammad(PBUH).
I try to practice and spread Islam as much as I can.But I am not always successful.But I try.So try not to make Allah be angry at me.

Something is bugging me for quite sometime.I love computers alot.Not because of Facebook and Video Games(I don't play games).
I love computers because I love to gain Knowledge.At very small age I have started making softwares,Alhamdullilah.And I love computers
very very much.But not more than my Allah and my Prophet(PBUH). So I always wished that In Shaa Allah when I will go with my family to Janatul Ferdous.
I want computers there.

But I really want to know,the passion I have for computers is that wrong in Islam? I want to have a company and spend my time with computers,Is that wrong? Is being a Software Engineer Wrong?
I want to be as big as Google,Is that wrong?

I spend quite a few hours,learning about computers,Is that wrong?

And if Islam says it is wrong,I will leave it In Shaa Allah.But I don't wanna do harm with my Softwares,I want to create a change in good way.But being in Allah's Path.

I know I made questions a bit lengthy but I just really wanna know about it.

And is Islam give me scope to do something I love? Like Software Development and Robotics?

Keep me in your prayers. So that I can go with my family to Janatul Ferdous and In Shaa Allah meet you guys in Janat.Ameen.

Thanks.
From You Little Brother,
Khaled Mohammad.
Wa `alaykumus salaam.

There is no harm in liking computers or spending time with computers, provided that it does not get in the way of your deen.

In fact being a software engineer is something you can be of benefit to the ummah with, how many people have made islaamic apps that people utilize on a daily basis and the creators get the reward daily for its use.

So you're free to do all the software development and robotics that you like, the sharee`ah gives you freedom to do all that.

Wallaahu A`lam.

zahidiqbal
09-29-2014, 10:28 AM
As 'Salamu Alayqum

A brother was interested in marrying a sister. His parents, particularly his father, did not let him marry her because they disliked her for no stated reason. They then pressured the son to marry a girl of their liking. He married her and though they are fine with their marriage now the other girl he was interested in got married to someone else and then her marriage failed and she got divorced. Now the brother has resumed his interest in that sister who is now divorced. But his parents are still opposed to him marrying her. They still dislike her. And they won't let him marry anyone else either now that he is married to the wife they chose. Can the brother do his marriage secretly from his parents? Without their permission? Or is he obliged to obey them and not marry a second woman and especially refrain from that girl? He is very irritated with his parents and now fights with them and insults them.

Islam-Peace
10-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Salam all,

I'd like to keep these personal issues anonymous, there is no need to know who I am or who my ex-wife is, but Allah (swt) knows best..

Question-1
---------------
I got divorced recently, and would like to get an advise please. My ex-wife and I (both muslims) got married in a Muslim country, today we both live in USA. But when we got divorced, my ex-wife chose to get a divorce in the American court which I am Ok with that. But, when I asked my ex-wife that we do need to get a divorce the Muslim way as well, she never wanted to do that.. Today, she got married to another person and based on what I was told by other brothers & sisters that my ex is committing adultery (Zina) because we are not divorced the right Muslim way..

I'd like to know if she is in fact committing a sin, if so, am I committing a sin too despite the fact I asked her to finish our divorce the Muslim way ?

Question-2
---------------
My ex-wife met this guy who sells electronic cigarettes who calls himself a Muslim, and when I approached my ex and told her that my kids can not & will not live this filthy environment, she said what her husband is doing is not Haram. Not only he sells this chemical poison to teenagers, but he also invite teenagers to compete in his own store as to whom makes Cool Circles using using eCigaretters.

Can you please tell me if this is Haram or not ?

Question-3
---------------
My ex met this guy on a Muslim dating site, and 4 weeks later she married him at the Massjid to give the perception to her friends that what she is doing is Halal, and then 4 weeks later she brought him to what it used to be my house, in front of my kids. I was very concerned about my kids especially you the youngest one who kept sending me disturbing text messages around 2am where he should have been sleeping to get ready for school in the morning, but he kept telling me that he couldn't sleep because there is a stranger in his house.

I told my ex that is her life & she can marry anyone she wants to, but why rushing in bringing someone that quick to my kids. What is this guy she met online is a murder or child molester ? I asked her that she should have introduced this guy slowly to our kids so she doesn't traumatize them.. But there is absolutely nothing I can do because the Law in this country will not look into this as inappropriate for the kids unless they are being harmed or abused somehow by the new guy their Mom she married.. Basically, I have to wait until something bad happens to my kids..

She even went as far as sleeping with this guy in my former house, in my bedroom and even on our Halal bed in which our youngest child was born in. I told her what she is doing with this guy is pure Haram and she should throw away our bed and buy a new one, but again there is not much I can do about it..

Is there any advise as to what I should do to save my kids from this filthy environment my ex-wife has put them into ? And if there is any Haram I am committing during our divorce process ? Of course, at the end of the day, Allah (swt) will be the judge and punish the Monafiqueen accordingly..

You views & suggestions are welcome, but I really would like to hear an advise from an Imam or Sheikh if possible..

Thank you & Salam.

saif-uddin
10-13-2014, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786arman
Aslamualaykum,

:wasalam:

Better to avoid this altogether even if it is permissible, as 0% Alcohol Deodorants are now available,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=a9_sc_...qid=1413209350

I use a Dove for Men one myself.

jameelash
10-25-2014, 02:54 PM
howmany rakats r we to pray for taraviya.8 or 20

Ridwaan Ravat
03-14-2015, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
The practice of 20 rakaats tarawee has remained a common practice from the time of nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم upto this day, as is witnessed in the haramain. For more detail refer to the following link of Mufti Ebrahim Desai

http://askimam.org/public/question_detail/13703.html

Abu Musab
04-18-2015, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zahidiqbal
As 'Salamu Alayqum

A brother was interested in marrying a sister. His parents, particularly his father, did not let him marry her because they disliked her for no stated reason. They then pressured the son to marry a girl of their liking. He married her and though they are fine with their marriage now the other girl he was interested in got married to someone else and then her marriage failed and she got divorced. Now the brother has resumed his interest in that sister who is now divorced. But his parents are still opposed to him marrying her. They still dislike her. And they won't let him marry anyone else either now that he is married to the wife they chose. Can the brother do his marriage secretly from his parents? Without their permission? Or is he obliged to obey them and not marry a second woman and especially refrain from that girl? He is very irritated with his parents and now fights with them and insults them.
Wa `alaykumus salaam.

The brother should've listened to his parents right from the beginning and stopped running after strange women, then he would not find himself in this situation.

Has he ever bothered asking them why they don't like her?

Abu Musab
04-18-2015, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islam-Peace
Salam all,

I'd like to keep these personal issues anonymous, there is no need to know who I am or who my ex-wife is, but Allah (swt) knows best..

Question-1
---------------
I got divorced recently, and would like to get an advise please. My ex-wife and I (both muslims) got married in a Muslim country, today we both live in USA. But when we got divorced, my ex-wife chose to get a divorce in the American court which I am Ok with that. But, when I asked my ex-wife that we do need to get a divorce the Muslim way as well, she never wanted to do that.. Today, she got married to another person and based on what I was told by other brothers & sisters that my ex is committing adultery (Zina) because we are not divorced the right Muslim way..

I'd like to know if she is in fact committing a sin, if so, am I committing a sin too despite the fact I asked her to finish our divorce the Muslim way ?

Question-2
---------------
My ex-wife met this guy who sells electronic cigarettes who calls himself a Muslim, and when I approached my ex and told her that my kids can not & will not live this filthy environment, she said what her husband is doing is not Haram. Not only he sells this chemical poison to teenagers, but he also invite teenagers to compete in his own store as to whom makes Cool Circles using using eCigaretters.

Can you please tell me if this is Haram or not ?

Question-3
---------------
My ex met this guy on a Muslim dating site, and 4 weeks later she married him at the Massjid to give the perception to her friends that what she is doing is Halal, and then 4 weeks later she brought him to what it used to be my house, in front of my kids. I was very concerned about my kids especially you the youngest one who kept sending me disturbing text messages around 2am where he should have been sleeping to get ready for school in the morning, but he kept telling me that he couldn't sleep because there is a stranger in his house.

I told my ex that is her life & she can marry anyone she wants to, but why rushing in bringing someone that quick to my kids. What is this guy she met online is a murder or child molester ? I asked her that she should have introduced this guy slowly to our kids so she doesn't traumatize them.. But there is absolutely nothing I can do because the Law in this country will not look into this as inappropriate for the kids unless they are being harmed or abused somehow by the new guy their Mom she married.. Basically, I have to wait until something bad happens to my kids..

She even went as far as sleeping with this guy in my former house, in my bedroom and even on our Halal bed in which our youngest child was born in. I told her what she is doing with this guy is pure Haram and she should throw away our bed and buy a new one, but again there is not much I can do about it..

Is there any advise as to what I should do to save my kids from this filthy environment my ex-wife has put them into ? And if there is any Haram I am committing during our divorce process ? Of course, at the end of the day, Allah (swt) will be the judge and punish the Monafiqueen accordingly..

You views & suggestions are welcome, but I really would like to hear an advise from an Imam or Sheikh if possible..

Thank you & Salam.
Wa `alaykumus salaam.

1: If you did not divorce in a way acceptable in the sharee`ah then she is living in zinaa, and you will be complicit in allowing it to prolong despite having no interest in remaining married to her. There is no such thing as fomality in the sharee`ah where divorce is concerned, all you do is just say once: "I have divorced you" and that's it.

2: Smoking is haraam, whether it be weed, cigarettes, hookah or e-cigarettes, they are all haraam.

3: What she is doing is 100% permissible in Islaam (providing her marriage was valid), there is no such thing as "my house" "my room" "my bed".

If you have divorced her, and she has remarried, then custody of the children passes to you (provided you are able to look after them), if that's the case then you should get them to move in with you, while still allowing your ex full rights to visit the children.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Abu Musab
04-18-2015, 12:26 PM
20 is the correct amount.

For more information see: https://darulilm.wordpress.com/2013/...aat-taraaweeh/

ayaanahmed251
04-20-2015, 04:17 AM
Salam brothers and sisters.
As a child I've always loved horses and riding. And recently I finished high school and have been wanting to get a job with horses. I was thinking to be a stable hand and then advance to an exercise jockey. An exercise jockey basically works for a horse trainer and rides the horses in the mornings and workouts the horse.

I was wondering is this halal as I would be working horses that are used for racing. Even though in today's world every sport there is betting and gambling but the racing industry is heavily in this.

quickquestion
04-21-2015, 03:51 AM
Salam, I have searched the internet for an answer but nobody has asked / answered my exact question, which is:

There are 3 siblings, parents deceased. 1 sibling lives in the parents' house. Later, one of the other siblings die (not the one living in the parents' house).

So, if the house is sold, do the children of the deceased sibling get a share according to Islamic law? Please could you give me a quote from Quran / Sunnah to guide me to a conclusion.

I know it would be a nice to give the neices (children of the deceased sibling) the deceased sibling's share. What I am only asking, though, is: is it compulsory to give them the deceased sibling's share?

As I had imagined it: The siblings all get a share in the house when it is sold. If one of the siblings dies, then the other siblings remain as the *only* inheritors, because a dead person cannot be paid anything and therefore cannot pass anything to their own kids. Just to be clear: the inheritance was *never* in the hands of the now-deceased sibling. It is a house, and the house has not been sold yet.

So, now that the sibling is deceased, do the sibling's children inherit the deceased sibling's share of the house, when the house is later sold?

Scimitar
04-21-2015, 06:51 PM
why search the internet? there is a method you are ignoring - go to scholars, your imam, etc... why us? we're just regular joes here bro.

Scimi

Moshy
04-22-2015, 11:36 AM
Is it be permissible to gain knowledge through drawn pictures as picture making is haram. if someone is getting money in something and he got the knowledge
from the pictures, will the money be halal?

Moshy
04-22-2015, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zahidiqbal
As 'Salamu Alayqum

All people should obey their parents, Parents know what is best for you and have more experience than you. Parents should be obeyed. A person may correct his parents, but stay away from arugument

"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and ye be kind to your parents." (Qur'an 17:23)

************Abdullah bin Omar*(رضى الله عنه)*relates that the Holy Prophet*(صلى الله عليه وسلم)*said: “Allah’s pleasure and approval are in the pleasure and approval of the parents, and Allah’s anger lies in the displeasure of the parents”. (Tirmidhi)

Moshy
04-22-2015, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayaanahmed251
Salam brothers and sisters.
As a child I've always loved horses and riding. And recently I finished high school and have been wanting to get a job with horses. I was thinking to be a stable hand and then advance to an exercise jockey. An exercise jockey basically works for a horse trainer and rides the horses in the mornings and workouts the horse.

I was wondering is this halal as I would be working horses that are used for racing. Even though in today's world every sport there is betting and gambling but the racing industry is heavily in this.
As far as i know, animals should not be tortured. As long as they are not tortured and are fed, the sport is permissible.

Moshy
04-22-2015, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by quickquestion
Salam, I have searched the internet for an answer but nobody has asked / answered my exact question, which is:

There are 3 siblings, parents deceased. 1 sibling lives in the parents' house. Later, one of the other siblings die (not the one living in the parents' house).

So, if the house is sold, do the children of the deceased sibling get a share according to Islamic law? Please could you give me a quote from Quran / Sunnah to guide me to a conclusion.

I know it would be a nice to give the neices (children of the deceased sibling) the deceased sibling's share. What I am only asking, though, is: is it compulsory to give them the deceased sibling's share?

As I had imagined it: The siblings all get a share in the house when it is sold. If one of the siblings dies, then the other siblings remain as the *only* inheritors, because a dead person cannot be paid anything and therefore cannot pass anything to their own kids. Just to be clear: the inheritance was *never* in the hands of the now-deceased sibling. It is a house, and the house has not been sold yet.

So, now that the sibling is deceased, do the sibling's children inherit the deceased sibling's share of the house, when the house is later sold?

For example, if the deceased is survived by his father, his mother, his wife, one son and one daughter, and assuming that the total wealth left behind by the deceased was 100,000.00….the distribution of the wealth according to Shariah will be as follows:

The father of the deceased will receive 1/6th*or 16.67% or 16,666.67The mother of the deceased**will receive 1/6th*or 16.67% or 16,666.67Her wife of the deceased will receive 1/8th*or 12.50% or 12,500.00The balance (100,000.00 – 16,666.67 -16,666.67 – 12,500.00) 54,166.66 will, in this situation, be divided into three equal parts (18,055.55), and the son will receive twice the share of the daughter.**Thus the daughter in this situation will receive 18,055.55 and the son will receive (18,055.55 x 2) 36,111.10.

Moshy
04-23-2015, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moshy
Is it be permissible to gain knowledge through drawn pictures as picture making is haram. if someone is getting money in something and he got the knowledge
from the pictures, will the money be halal?
Please answer?

shafat10
04-23-2015, 09:14 PM
Please answer?
It's not permissible to draw pictures of human beings or living creatures. You can however draw pictures of trees or inanimate objects. What picture / painting are you talking about?

Moshy
04-24-2015, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shafat10
It's not permissible to draw pictures of human beings or living creatures. You can however draw pictures of trees or inanimate objects. What picture / painting are you talking about?
I know it is impermissible, but is it allowed to gain knowledge from them?

shafat10
04-24-2015, 05:31 PM
I know it is impermissible, but is it allowed to gain knowledge from them?
For example, what kind of knowledge are you gaining? (I mean, what knowledge can you gain from a picture of a human being, that too hand drawn. I didn't understand this part yet).

Moshy
04-25-2015, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shafat10
For example, what kind of knowledge are you gaining? (I mean, what knowledge can you gain from a picture of a human being, that too hand drawn. I didn't understand this part yet).
The knowledge a drawn picture gives which will enhance your career in which you make money. For example a person wants to be a goalkeeper in a team in which he makes money. He gets the knowledge from pictures, like a picture showing how to save a ball.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-25-2015, 06:51 PM
The knowledge a drawn picture gives which will enhance your career in which you make money. For example a person wants to be a goalkeeper in a team in which he makes money. He gets the knowledge from pictures, like a picture showing how to save a ball.
Assalamualykum.

The prohibition is in drawing pictures.

Taking benefit from pictures are permissible on condition the laws of sharia are not violated.

In the above example, care should be taken that the goalkeepers body is covered as per Islamic requirements.

Care should also be taken that all animated pictures are shelved or disposed of appropriately as the angels of mercy don't enter a home in which there are pictures of animated objects.

Jazakallah

Moshy
05-02-2015, 09:55 AM
JazakAllah brothers for helping me.

I have one more question:

As far as i know, drawing pictures is haram. Is playing games with hyper realistic human animation allowed? You arent the the one who made the pictures, but do you get equal punishment for playing with the pictures? As playing the game would be supporting the makers and because of this support they might publish a new version of the game.

strivingobserver98
07-04-2015, 01:51 PM
If you are travelling on the 17th July in UK (It may be or Eid or not), then do we have to fast on the day we are travelling?

Ridwaan Ravat
07-05-2015, 05:44 PM
In principle the sharia has excused a traveller from fasting, but if the hours are manageable and you feel you will manage. Then you should keep the fast.

The-Deist
07-07-2015, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat
In principle the sharia has excused a traveller from fasting, but if the hours are manageable and you feel you will manage. Then you should keep the fast.
Do I have to pay Zakat (I'm 13)?

Ridwaan Ravat
07-07-2015, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Do I have to pay Zakat (I'm 13)?
If you islaamicly matured (experienced a wet dream) then you have to pay.

Jazakallah khair

The-Deist
07-08-2015, 12:03 AM
If you islaamicly matured (experienced a wet dream) then you have to pay.

Jazakallah khair
Where do I get the money?

When do I pay?

Other question.

Do you think Alpoko dons sitting sidewyas is halal?

Since no music is used

Ridwaan Ravat
07-08-2015, 02:58 AM
Assalamualykum.

Zakaat is only compulsory on those individuals who posses money in excess of the nisaab. Kindly contact the scholars of your city for further info on the nisaab etc.

Jazakallah khair

Moshy
07-08-2015, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Where do I get the money?

When do I pay?

Other question.

Do you think Alpoko dons sitting sidewyas is halal?

Since no music is used
Frequently asked questions about Zakat :

http://www.soundvision.com/article/f...ns-about-zakat

jemimabibi
07-11-2015, 05:49 PM
As i dont know my namaz off by heart,but i know the actions,can i play it on youtube or ask another person to say it out loud so i can copy them while i pray?

Ridwaan Ravat
07-11-2015, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jemimabibi
As i dont know my namaz off by heart,but i know the actions,can i play it on youtube or ask another person to say it out loud so i can copy them while i pray?
You must pray the salaah and as a minimum recite:

سبحان الله
In every posture.

Every effort should be made to learn the correct method.

Jazakallah khair.

crank.head
07-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Is it obligatory to do ghuzal after masterbation if semen has not touched ur body or clothe. Some one said u become napak but how can u become napak when semen hasnot touched ur body. Please only scholar should answer it because i need a true answer. And can we offer namaz with regular wuzu after that or we need ghusal?

Ridwaan Ravat
07-12-2015, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crank.head
Is it obligatory to do ghuzal after masterbation if semen has not touched ur body or clothe. Some one said u become napak but how can u become napak when semen hasnot touched ur body. Please only scholar should answer it because i need a true answer. And can we offer namaz with regular wuzu after that or we need ghusal?
Assalamualykum.

Firstly masturbation is haraam and sinful. It also has many negative effects on a person's health and should be avoided.

Yes the ejaculation of semen necessitates a ghusl irrespective of it touching the body or clothing.

You have to take a ghusl before performing salaah.

If one masturbated whilst fasting the fast is nullified. One should seek sincere repentance and make up for it after ramadhaan.

crank.head
07-13-2015, 01:04 AM
Assalamualykum.

Firstly masturbation is haraam and sinful. It also has many negative effects on a person's health and should be avoided.

Yes the ejaculation of semen necessitates a ghusl irrespective of it touching the body or clothing.

You have to take a ghusl before performing salaah.

If one masturbated whilst fasting the fast is nullified. One should seek sincere repentance and make up for it after ramadhaan.
Some scholars say it saves u from zina. And there is nothing in quran aur hadees regarding masturbation so we dint know. Plz give some holytext with ur reference sir

strivingobserver98
07-13-2015, 01:09 AM
I dont think there is anything wrong with it ( correct me if im wrong ), but it is unnecessary for Youtube or another person to be with you all the time. Sometimes you may be on your own and may need to perform Salah. It is better to learn it by heart, and best to also understand the meaning of the words you say in it.

Brother Moshy, this thread is only for asking questions and answered by scholars. May Allah reward you for your eagerness to help :).

Ridwaan Ravat
07-13-2015, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crank.head
Some scholars say it saves u from zina. And there is nothing in quran aur hadees regarding masturbation so we dint know. Plz give some holytext with ur reference sir
Allah Taãla says:
"And those who guard their private parts from their wives and those (slave-girls) which their right-hands own - so there is no blame upon them. Then whoever seeks beyond that (which is lawful), they are the transgressors."

The intended meaning of these Aayat is clear.

Allah Taãla has praised the believers for guarding their private parts from that which He has made forbidden for them. Allah has permitted them to approach their wives and slave-girls.

Thereafter, these words of Allah Taãla follow: 'Whoever seeks beyond that which is lawful are oppressors, who overstep from Halaal (permitted) towards Haraam (prohibited).

Hafiz ibn Katheer (RA) writes Imaam Shaafée (RA) and those who have agreed with him have concluded that masturbation is Haraam from this Aayat.'

He says: 'Masturbation is excluded from these two types which Allah has made halaal, that is, wives and slave-girls.

crank.head
07-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Thanx for the reference sir.. In todays world where the slave girl context applies

Jannat Seeker
07-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Is it ok to pray wearing a tshirt/trowser with PUMA / HOLLISTER logo on them ?

Moshy
07-13-2015, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان

Brother Moshy, this thread is only for asking questions and answered by scholars. May Allah reward you for your eagerness to help :).

Thank you for informing me.

ardianto
07-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Assalamualaikum ustadz Ridwaan Ravat.

There are people who say that the correct rakaah for taraweeh is 20, there are people who say that the correct rakaah is 8. But how about people who regard that both opinions are correct?. They just follow Imam. If Imam perform taraweeh in 20 rakaah, they perform 20 rakaah. If Imam perform 8 rakaah, they perform 8 rakaah.

My question. Is this attitude acceptable according to fiqh?. Or they must follow only one opinion?.

Ridwaan Ravat
07-15-2015, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannat Seeker
Is it ok to pray wearing a tshirt/trowser with PUMA / HOLLISTER logo on them ?
Assalamualykum.

It is better not to wear clothing with animations on it.

Jazakallah khair

musaali
07-19-2015, 01:21 PM
I have somewhat a sensitive question. I am wondering if pornography is haram for use by men if used instead to keep youself having sex outside marriage. My friends say even imams use it and I have been told even bin Laden had much pornography on his computer. Hope a respected scholar can answer.

The-Deist
07-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Drawing or taking pictures in Islam!
Many Muslims get confused by this Hadeeth: 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (r.a) reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said: "Those who will be most severely punished by Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see al-Fath, 10/382).
There are many other teachings by the Prophet (pbuh) where he is obviously talking about prohibiting pictures in Islam. First of all, never believe directly any self made-online pages, just because they use some scholar's names. Actually this issue is very easy. So if photography or drawing is haram, then why we have many scholars on Facebook with their own pages and updating daily with many pictures their life? Now the answer:
It's a matter of Arabic language. The word Sura (picture) at the time of the Prophet (pbuh) had another meaning. When they were talking about Sura they meant a 3-D creation, like a statue. That means you have to use your hands to "create" and form by your hands. And we all know that the unbelievers biggest sin was the idolatry, they prayed to statues which they created by their own hands. So the Prophet (pbuh) is talking especially about statues which he destroyed after he went back to Mekkah. Today the meaning of the word picture changed, from a 3-D creation to a 2-D on a paper or screen (and it's not like forming or creating). So it is no problem to draw or to take a picture (nowadays meaning) of everything. But if you want to take picture in 3-D you are only allowed to do this with objects which don't contain a soul, like a chair or a house.
Maybe you can help to translate this for your people in your country to clear this topic. If taking pictures or drawing pictures would be Haram, nearly every scholar on earth would do this sin deliberately, although they know more than us.
Jazakumullahu Khayran

So.

Anime is halal after all?

Moshy
07-20-2015, 06:39 AM
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:*

It is not permissible to draw and make images of animate beings, whether they are engraved, on paper, on cloth or anything else, because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (2105) and Muslim (2107) from ‘Aa’ishah the Mother of the Believers (may Allaah be pleased with her), that she bought a cushion on which there were images. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw it, he stood at the door and did not enter. She said: I recognized displeasure in his face. I said: O Messenger of Allaah, I repent to Allaah and His Messenger, what have I done wrong? The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “What is this pillow?” She said: I bought it for you to sit on and recline on. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The makers of these images will be punished and it will be said to them, ‘Bring to life that which you have created.’” Then he said: “The house in which there are images is not entered by the angels.”

Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Every image-maker will be in the Fire, and for every image that he made a soul will be created for him, which will be punished in the Fire." Ibn 'Abbaas said: "If you must do that, make pictures of trees and other inanimate objects." (Reported by Muslim, 3/1871)
Information taken from :
http://islamqa.info/en/102277

The above hadith says that the cushion had pictures of living things on it and the Prophet pbuh prohibited drawing living things.

However, as far as taking pictures (snaps) is concerned majority especially the Arab scholars call it permissible as it is the image/reflection that is saved just like as we look into the mirror. The Holy prophet pbuh did not prohibit looking into the mirror

Pictures are taken with the help of a miror.

(I know this thread is only for scholars to answer. But this looks more like a debate to me, not a question. Just answered it with the information i know.)

Ridwaan Ravat
07-24-2015, 06:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by musaali
I have somewhat a sensitive question. I am wondering if pornography is haram for use by men if used instead to keep youself having sex outside marriage. My friends say even imams use it and I have been told even bin Laden had much pornography on his computer. Hope a respected scholar can answer.
Assalamualykum.

Jazakallah for the question.

Firstly we should understand that the religion of Islaam is based on Divine rules and not based on anybody's actions.

Pornography is totally prohibited in Islaam. Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم has made fasting an alternative as it suppresses lust and desires.

Also those who access porn before marriage become addicted and later has disastrous effects on a person's marriage.

When overpowered by the thought immediately make wudhu and recite أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم

May Allah make it easy for you. Aameen

Please have a look at the following link: http://www.tolovehonorandvacuum.com/...your-marriage/

Moshy
07-29-2015, 05:42 AM
Is betting with virtual money halal or haram? For example there is this snooker game in which the virtual money is used to buy stuff in game. Whoever wins takes the losing player's virtual money.

Abz2000
07-29-2015, 12:30 PM
can someone please explain these ahadith regarding wagers:

Book 14, Number 2568:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Wagers are allowed only for racing camels, or horses or shooting arrows.

Book 14, Number 2570:
Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to make lean by training horses which he employed in the race.

Book 14, Number 2571:
Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to hold a race between horses and kept the one in the fifth year at a long distance.

Book 14, Number 2572:
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:while she was on a journey along with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): I had a race with him (the Prophet) and I outstripped him on my feet. When I became fleshy, (again) I had a race with him (the Prophet) and he outstripped me. He said: This is for that outstripping.

Book 14, Number 2573:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If one enters a horse with two others when he is not certain that it cannot be beaten, it is not gambling; but when one enters a horse with two others when he is certain it cannot be beaten, it is gambling.

Book 14, Number 2575:
Narrated Imran ibn Husayn:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There must be no shouting or leading another horse at one's side. Yahya added in his tradition: When racing for a wager.

Moshy
07-29-2015, 03:39 PM
I would like to know if someone puts someone in a problem unintentionally, does he get punished for it? If you break an oath or agreement with someone, what should you do?

Ridwaan Ravat
08-08-2015, 07:31 AM
I would like to know if someone puts someone in a problem unintentionally, does he get punished for it? If you break an oath or agreement with someone, what should you do?
Assalamualykum.

What was your intention, if your intention was to help a person and it happened otherwise then seek forgiveness and one won't be punished.

As far as possible one should keep up to agreements and oaths. There is no one blanket ruling, it will depend on circumstances. E. G where any loses incurred as a result of the oath been broken etc. Hence please mention the detail or contact your local scholar.

Jazakallah khair

Moshy
08-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Assalamualykum.

What was your intention, if your intention was to help a person and it happened otherwise then seek forgiveness and one won't be punished.

As far as possible one should keep up to agreements and oaths. There is no one blanket ruling, it will depend on circumstances. E. G where any loses incurred as a result of the oath been broken etc. Hence please mention the detail or contact your local scholar.

Jazakallah khair
Jazakallah

umairlooms
08-18-2015, 05:35 AM
wait a sec
betting on horse racing is halal?
is that why it is so big in arab countries?
and why we have a race course here in Pakistan as well?!!!
this can be life changing for me

Ridwaan Ravat
08-19-2015, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms
wait a sec
betting on horse racing is halal?
is that why it is so big in arab countries?
and why we have a race course here in Pakistan as well?!!!
this can be life changing for me
Assalamualykum.

In Islaam all types of gambling are unlawful, irrespective of which part of the world they are carried out in.

Jazakallah khair

umairlooms
08-20-2015, 05:37 AM
Assalamualykum.

In Islaam all types of gambling are unlawful, irrespective of which part of the world they are carried out in.

Jazakallah khair
but there is a hadith mentioned in this very thread?

Unregistered
09-04-2015, 01:48 PM
In jummah when imam is asking dua. Saliva came out by mistake. Is there anything wrong with it ?

Ridwaan Ravat
09-07-2015, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
In jummah when imam is asking dua. Saliva came out by mistake. Is there anything wrong with it ?
Assalamualykum.

Nothing wrong with it , if the masjid was soiled, it should be cleaned after salaah.

Jazakallah khair

Aaqib
09-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Is school a valid excuse to miss prayer?
Like I can come from home and pray Duhr? Or do I need to talk to my teacher's and pray in a quiet room.

Ridwaan Ravat
09-08-2015, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Is school a valid excuse to miss prayer?
Like I can come from home and pray Duhr? Or do I need to talk to my teacher's and pray in a quiet room.
Assalamualykum

School is not a valid excuse, you should speak to a teacher and perform salaah in a quiet room.

Jazakallah khair

umairlooms
09-08-2015, 02:11 PM
I have huge confusion about 2 things:
-how much to rely on Allah
-how optimistic we should be.

First , how much should we rely on Allah and how much on our own efforts
similarly
how optimistic can we be with life and dua, when we know at times they will not be answered.

All well and good ,when we fail in an exam, but life hits us with bigger problems, unimaginable problems and I am not sure what the attitude should be.

Ridwaan Ravat
09-09-2015, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms
I have huge confusion about 2 things:
-how much to rely on Allah
-how optimistic we should be.

First , how much should we rely on Allah and how much on our own efforts
similarly
how optimistic can we be with life and dua, when we know at times they will not be answered.

All well and good ,when we fail in an exam, but life hits us with bigger problems, unimaginable problems and I am not sure what the attitude should be.
Reliance should be totally on Allah Ta’ala, and there should be absolutely no reliance on effiorts, While one should* engage in lawful efforts, one should not rely on effort nor believe that one’s effort will be successful. The final result is Allah’s decree. Whether success or failure, accept it with resignation to the Will 0f Allah Ta’ala.

When failing to achieve the objective of one’s effort, never become despondent or frustrated. Attribute it to Allah’s decree. In His decrees there is great wisdom although we do not understand.

May Allah Ta’ala keep you with aafiyat.

Was-salaam

Badrbourrich
09-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Salaam alaikoem,

Can I WhatsApp to a girl and ask her number of her father or talking about marriage nikah.

ardianto
09-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Assalamualaikum. I have question about qurbani.

Ulama say, seven people can join to buy a cow and sacrifice it for qurbani. But is it right that this seven people have to come from one family?. How if seven people who are just friend, and don't have blood relationship, join for cow qurbani?.

shafat10
09-10-2015, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Ulama say, seven people can join to buy a cow and sacrifice it for qurbani. But is it right that this seven people have to come from one family?. How if seven people who are just friend, and don't have blood relationship, join for cow qurbani?.
It can be any 7 people. Not necessarily family members, but any 7 people.

Ridwaan Ravat
09-10-2015, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Badrbourrich
Salaam alaikoem,

Can I WhatsApp to a girl and ask her number of her father or talking about marriage nikah.
Wa alaikum salaam.

If there is other ways of getting her father's no, then one should adopt that means. Through friends etc . You could even request a close female relative to ask her for the no e.g your mom or sister.

If that is the only way and there is no fear of fitna then it will be permissible on condition that nothing extra is asked or discussed.

If there is a fear of fitna then it is not permissible under any circumstance.

I strongly suggest that an alternative be sort, rather than direct contact with a girl.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas.

Ridwaan Ravat
09-10-2015, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Wa alaikum salaam.

One cow has seven shares. There are no condition that they have to be family members. If five friends or five total strangers purchase one animal it will be allowed.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas

Firdaous1
09-14-2015, 06:38 AM
Asalam alaikum. Sry for long poat in advance.
My problem is waswas or mayb sth else like my conscience about my marriage. I must tell it all from beginning.
I married sm time back. Husband is a good person i cant say sth really neagtive abt him.the problem is not him.
Many years back before i married him i did once an istikhara about him dont knw why but i actually really wanted to marry him. But then i did do istikhara and was always worried about signs which i used to see and i was st the end making dua that please Allah if thers no khair then make khair in it and let it work out. Anyway i married him now and istikhara issue was not in my mind anymore i forgot it. Then it started with doubts about validitiy of my marriage i doubted tht my father is a valid wali etc as i was readin much on internet anyway i asked many imam and alims they said it is valid even without. Anyway thts nt the topic anymore.
At the end i found istikhara issue comin back in my mind.i was feeling like i have gone against it as i just wanted to marry him. I feel so hypocrital but the fact tht i love him and cant imagine leaving him makes me so much more feeling bad. I feel always as i hv gone against Allah and prefering sth over him or loving smone more than Allah astaghfirullah. I asked an alim abt my Problem b he said tht istikhara has no signs and Allah doesnt give signs the fact tht i married is what is khair. But im just unsincere from beginning if i want to do my thing so badly. here is my problem i always say my niyah is bad and Allah will count it. Bcuz wen i tell Allah pls wht shd i do tht u forgive me i always see signs like jus readin sth and findin a sentence like talkin to me as Allah want to tell me what to do or once while walkin i was sayin ya Allah wht shd i do tht u forgive me and saying it again n again and my husband called me in tht moment. i wanna get phone frm bag and it got torn and fell.ok bag was heavy tht day. But as they say we dont receive such signs as we r not prophets but i used to see my reaction towards tht signs i used to get panic and not able to accept it. Means like my intention is already knowing it wont follow it and i will just follow what i wish that is to stay with my husband.
Once i kept thinking till i was feeling that i was loving smone more than Allah astaghfirullah and doing shirk wen i thought this i still couldnt imagine leaving him and i feel as Allah will count that. Of course Allah is most Important and i love him the most without doubt but then why i cant just leave my husband for Allah. The scholar told me tht its waswas and i shd just ignore that and do my duties towards my husband and that is what Allah likes etc but i just feel as all these rules are not applicable on me as im doing a much bigger sin that preferin smone over Allah astaghfirullah which has to b corrected. I feel Allah will only forgive me once i leave him and leave what i made more important.
I always get tht voice in my head, U jus want to stay with him cuz u caNt leave him .u love him more astaghfirulah otherwise u wud hv been able to do tht step the moment wen u blved all n don see any way out. U still continued nt bcuz your sure that u think wrong but jus bcuz u want him. Why wud Allah forgive u makin sth more important than him. Thatsy im scared Allah will count that intention that i just cant leave him.
I know that Allah is most merciful and forgives all sins but when i want to ask forgivness i just dont know i feel so bad and wrong and hypocritical as in i would say Allah pls forgive me that i want to stay with my husband even if it means to go against you and prefering him in other words ...you will ask why i think i go against Allah and that Allah want me to leave him...its just as i said that the reactions i get wen getting signs i shd leave him. n niyah
I feel all duas are not sincere cause in the back of my head i just want to find a way to stay with my husband.

You know its like i have made a condition in my mind as long i wish to stay with my husband i am going against Allah and im prefering someone over him astaghfirullah. Many will think why i think this who told me that.but its due to my inner self and niyah why i think so. Cause i dont want to leave my husband and wish so much to stay with him, it means i wont b forgiven. Its like i wont leave him anyway and i ask you and others just to hear that i can stay with him etc. To follow my desires..Allah wants us to b pure and sincere. It proofs it that when i get a sign i asked for what to do and a sign comes to make me feel i must leave him, and then i dont want and panic and cant imagine and accept it, i try to think no its nt possible etc but thats exactly y i feel unsincere and bad niyah which Allah will count. Cause even now all i want is to stay with him. I dont know how to stop feel this sin on me and guilt feeling. I do love Allah most but i feel in back of mind just wishing to stay with husband and finding ways.like thts my only concern n thtsy Allah will count this sin of prefering someone bcause i think tht n feel tht but why not doing this step then. like i must leave xactly what im afraid of loosing bcuz of fear and sincerity towards Allah.
You might say forget these signs they rnt true or from Allah..ok mayb thts right but wont Allah count what we intend and think. Cause its like i jus wanted to c gud signs not thinkin wht will happen if i see sth telling me leave him. cuz wen tht happend u c how i reacted. Why would Allah forgive me jus like that if i still wanna b with my husband. I dont know how to become sincere and correct. And Wen i did istikhara long time before i was also i think nt sincere.u do it but in back of ur mind u will do anything to marry him.i used to think ok if it wont work out bcuz it will b not possible then its frm Allah i will have to accept i cant do anything and i will accept the fate.like if man suddenly dont want to marry me anymore or sth. But problem is i thought also if i get sm negativ signs or so i wont stop i will continue i ll pray to Allah to let it work still.. isnt it unsincere to have tht intention? Thtsy smtimes i think to get sincere and get Allahs forgiveness of going against Allahs signs or i must leave that first of all what i made more important. You will say now but u married and thts it now thts what Allah wanted. But wht about my intention i had and still have? Isnt it tht wht counts? Cause its like at the end i got what i want even though my niyah is bad..tht seems smhow wrong i dont know like a betrayal like saying oh now marriage took place i hv an excuse for my unsincerity cuz its bad to divorce..and another waswas or issue which comes to my mind is tht maybe my marriage isnt at all correct and valid. i read its haram and hypocrisy to follow easy opinions of islam or so.. i read it on islamqa .even though i asked many about it and scholars who all said my marriage is totally valid..but i know that ther is someone out there or some scholar who would surely say the contrary with what he follows as i read some fatwas. it means i follow what is easy and i hv a bad intention ? And im a hypocrit and thtsy its not a accepted marriage? And on top i only want to blv its valid bcuz of these other wasawis i got..cuz the hope here is tht Allah wanted this marriage which wud b refuted then..
Jazak Allah

Ridwaan Ravat
09-15-2015, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Firdaous1
Asalam alaikum. Sry for long poat in advance.
My problem is waswas or mayb sth else like my conscience about my marriage. I must tell it all from beginning.
I married sm time back. Husband is a good person i cant say sth really neagtive abt him.the problem is not him.
Many years back before i married him i did once an istikhara about him dont knw why but i actually really wanted to marry him. But then i did do istikhara and was always worried about signs which i used to see and i was st the end making dua that please Allah if thers no khair then make khair in it and let it work out. Anyway i married him now and istikhara issue was not in my mind anymore i forgot it. Then it started with doubts about validitiy of my marriage i doubted tht my father is a valid wali etc as i was readin much on internet anyway i asked many imam and alims they said it is valid even without. Anyway thts nt the topic anymore.
At the end i found istikhara issue comin back in my mind.i was feeling like i have gone against it as i just wanted to marry him. I feel so hypocrital but the fact tht i love him and cant imagine leaving him makes me so much more feeling bad. I feel always as i hv gone against Allah and prefering sth over him or loving smone more than Allah astaghfirullah. I asked an alim abt my Problem b he said tht istikhara has no signs and Allah doesnt give signs the fact tht i married is what is khair. But im just unsincere from beginning if i want to do my thing so badly. here is my problem i always say my niyah is bad and Allah will count it. Bcuz wen i tell Allah pls wht shd i do tht u forgive me i always see signs like jus readin sth and findin a sentence like talkin to me as Allah want to tell me what to do or once while walkin i was sayin ya Allah wht shd i do tht u forgive me and saying it again n again and my husband called me in tht moment. i wanna get phone frm bag and it got torn and fell.ok bag was heavy tht day. But as they say we dont receive such signs as we r not prophets but i used to see my reaction towards tht signs i used to get panic and not able to accept it. Means like my intention is already knowing it wont follow it and i will just follow what i wish that is to stay with my husband.
Once i kept thinking till i was feeling that i was loving smone more than Allah astaghfirullah and doing shirk wen i thought this i still couldnt imagine leaving him and i feel as Allah will count that. Of course Allah is most Important and i love him the most without doubt but then why i cant just leave my husband for Allah. The scholar told me tht its waswas and i shd just ignore that and do my duties towards my husband and that is what Allah likes etc but i just feel as all these rules are not applicable on me as im doing a much bigger sin that preferin smone over Allah astaghfirullah which has to b corrected. I feel Allah will only forgive me once i leave him and leave what i made more important.
I always get tht voice in my head, U jus want to stay with him cuz u caNt leave him .u love him more astaghfirulah otherwise u wud hv been able to do tht step the moment wen u blved all n don see any way out. U still continued nt bcuz your sure that u think wrong but jus bcuz u want him. Why wud Allah forgive u makin sth more important than him. Thatsy im scared Allah will count that intention that i just cant leave him.
I know that Allah is most merciful and forgives all sins but when i want to ask forgivness i just dont know i feel so bad and wrong and hypocritical as in i would say Allah pls forgive me that i want to stay with my husband even if it means to go against you and prefering him in other words ...you will ask why i think i go against Allah and that Allah want me to leave him...its just as i said that the reactions i get wen getting signs i shd leave him. n niyah
I feel all duas are not sincere cause in the back of my head i just want to find a way to stay with my husband.

You know its like i have made a condition in my mind as long i wish to stay with my husband i am going against Allah and im prefering someone over him astaghfirullah. Many will think why i think this who told me that.but its due to my inner self and niyah why i think so. Cause i dont want to leave my husband and wish so much to stay with him, it means i wont b forgiven. Its like i wont leave him anyway and i ask you and others just to hear that i can stay with him etc. To follow my desires..Allah wants us to b pure and sincere. It proofs it that when i get a sign i asked for what to do and a sign comes to make me feel i must leave him, and then i dont want and panic and cant imagine and accept it, i try to think no its nt possible etc but thats exactly y i feel unsincere and bad niyah which Allah will count. Cause even now all i want is to stay with him. I dont know how to stop feel this sin on me and guilt feeling. I do love Allah most but i feel in back of mind just wishing to stay with husband and finding ways.like thts my only concern n thtsy Allah will count this sin of prefering someone bcause i think tht n feel tht but why not doing this step then. like i must leave xactly what im afraid of loosing bcuz of fear and sincerity towards Allah.
You might say forget these signs they rnt true or from Allah..ok mayb thts right but wont Allah count what we intend and think. Cause its like i jus wanted to c gud signs not thinkin wht will happen if i see sth telling me leave him. cuz wen tht happend u c how i reacted. Why would Allah forgive me jus like that if i still wanna b with my husband. I dont know how to become sincere and correct. And Wen i did istikhara long time before i was also i think nt sincere.u do it but in back of ur mind u will do anything to marry him.i used to think ok if it wont work out bcuz it will b not possible then its frm Allah i will have to accept i cant do anything and i will accept the fate.like if man suddenly dont want to marry me anymore or sth. But problem is i thought also if i get sm negativ signs or so i wont stop i will continue i ll pray to Allah to let it work still.. isnt it unsincere to have tht intention? Thtsy smtimes i think to get sincere and get Allahs forgiveness of going against Allahs signs or i must leave that first of all what i made more important. You will say now but u married and thts it now thts what Allah wanted. But wht about my intention i had and still have? Isnt it tht wht counts? Cause its like at the end i got what i want even though my niyah is bad..tht seems smhow wrong i dont know like a betrayal like saying oh now marriage took place i hv an excuse for my unsincerity cuz its bad to divorce..and another waswas or issue which comes to my mind is tht maybe my marriage isnt at all correct and valid. i read its haram and hypocrisy to follow easy opinions of islam or so.. i read it on islamqa .even though i asked many about it and scholars who all said my marriage is totally valid..but i know that ther is someone out there or some scholar who would surely say the contrary with what he follows as i read some fatwas. it means i follow what is easy and i hv a bad intention ? And im a hypocrit and thtsy its not a accepted marriage? And on top i only want to blv its valid bcuz of these other wasawis i got..cuz the hope here is tht Allah wanted this marriage which wud b refuted then..
Jazak Allah
Assalamualykum.

Sister,

Your post is very disturbing as you say "you asked many scholars and they all say your marriage is valid, but you sure someone will say something contrary" it's almost as if you looking for an excuse to end your marriage. Be that as it may, kindly understand the following :

The purpose of istikhara is to ask Allah to put goodness in your decision and if it's not good for your deen, dunya and aakhirah. Allah should remove it from your path. The fact that the nikaah took place is an indication that is was meant to happen and there is goodness in it. Reflecting on the translation and words of istikhara will give you a clear understanding of what I've explained.

Kindly ignore all other doubts as they are , as you said , whispers from the devil.

When overcome by these thoughts recite

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم

لا حول و لا قوة إلا بالله

Do remember that Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم has cursed the women who unnecessarily asks for a divorce and also the throne of Allah shakes when a divorce takes place.

My advice is, at all costs maintain your marriage and don't allow for the whispers of the devil to come between you.

May Allah protect all of our marriages.AAMEEN

Muslim Woman
09-15-2015, 04:58 AM

on Eid day , can we drink water before the sacrifice of animals ?

Ridwaan Ravat
09-15-2015, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

on Eid day , can we drink water before the sacrifice of animals ?
Assalamualykum.

It is mustahab (preferably) to fast on eid morning and break the fast with the meat of the qurbani animal.

Jazakallah khair.

Muslim Woman
09-23-2015, 05:18 PM

In 2003 A needed loan to build a multistoried building for his own use and rent. B volunteered to give 82 lac Bangladeshi Taka . A at the time of taking loan said , if given 82 lac then B can have a flat in lieu of money or anything else B wants .

After giving 42 lac B declined giving anymore loan because of some unforeseen difficulties.

Now, from last 4 years at first B wanted his money with interest. Saying that as he has taken loan from a bank and is giving interest so he must get back his money with interest. When everyone objected saying it is forbidden in Islam , he said as per inflation rate he must get double the amount as money's value is doubled in this 10 years time.

It should be mentioned here that A had to sell 3 flats to finish the house. The flats were sold at very cheap rate. As to meet urgency and to start living in the house they could not wait for better price. A had no other means to support his family. So without finishing the building he could not rent and earn living for his family and mother.

Therefore, my question is how much will A return to B, 42 Lac exact amount loaned or 84 lac @ inflation rate OR A FLAT ?

Ridwaan Ravat
09-25-2015, 07:03 PM

In 2003 A needed loan to build a multistoried building for his own use and rent. B volunteered to give 82 lac Bangladeshi Taka . A at the time of taking loan said , if given 82 lac then B can have a flat in lieu of money or anything else B wants .

After giving 42 lac B declined giving anymore loan because of some unforeseen difficulties.

Now, from last 4 years at first B wanted his money with interest. Saying that as he has taken loan from a bank and is giving interest so he must get back his money with interest. When everyone objected saying it is forbidden in Islam , he said as per inflation rate he must get double the amount as money's value is doubled in this 10 years time.

It should be mentioned here that A had to sell 3 flats to finish the house. The flats were sold at very cheap rate. As to meet urgency and to start living in the house they could not wait for better price. A had no other means to support his family. So without finishing the building he could not rent and earn living for his family and mother.

Therefore, my question is how much will A return to B, 42 Lac exact amount loaned or 84 lac @ inflation rate OR A FLAT ?
Assalamualykum.

A borrowed 42 lac from B , hence A is only liable to repay 42 lac. Anything above 42 Lac will be regarded as interest, which is totally haraam.

N.B it is important when getting involved in any transaction that it be written and signed by witnesses without any ambiguity.

Muslim Woman
09-26-2015, 04:38 AM
:wa:

Assalamualykum.

A borrowed 42 lac from B , hence A is only liable to repay 42 lac. Anything above 42 Lac will be regarded as interest, which is totally haraam.

N.B it is important when getting involved in any transaction that it be written and signed by witnesses without any ambiguity.

Jazakallah khair for the quick reply . B is now saying it is an investment. But he failed to give the full amount as he promised . For which A had to take extra loan from others and sold flats to complete the house. So B's investment was not completed as committed.

Now can he ask for a flat that is more expensive than he invested ?

Ridwaan Ravat
09-26-2015, 09:45 PM

Jazakallah khair for the quick reply . B is now saying it is an investment. But he failed to give the full amount as he promised . For which A had to take extra loan from others and sold flats to complete the house. So B's investment was not completed as committed.

Now can he ask for a flat that is more expensive than he invested ?
Does A agree it was in investment? If so, what was the initial agreement?

Jazakallah khair

I suggest, If there is a dispute and no solution is being reached you come to a common agreement and settle on that.

ali04321
09-29-2015, 06:59 AM
jazak Allah.

Muslim Woman
09-30-2015, 03:41 PM

is it an authentic darud ? Can we utter this darud while in sujud ?

Salaahi ala Muhammed sallalhi wa laihi wa salaam .

Ridwaan Ravat
09-30-2015, 07:05 PM

is it an authentic darud ? Can we utter this darud while in sujud ?

Salaahi ala Muhammed sallalhi wa laihi wa salaam .
Assalamualykum.

Please forgive me, the transliteration is not very clear. Please break it up further or type it in Arabic if possible.

Jazakallah khair

Ridwaan Ravat
10-31-2015, 03:14 AM
Assalamualykum.

For different ailments Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم would recite different duaas.

The general duaa he would recite when visiting the sick was :

لا بأس طهور إن شاء الله

اللهم اشفه اللهم عافه

May Allah grant all the sick complete shifaa. Aameen

Muslim Woman
10-31-2015, 03:58 PM

Assalamualykum.

For different ailments Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم would recite different duaas.

The general duaa he would recite when visiting the sick was :

لا بأس طهور إن شاء الله

اللهم اشفه اللهم عافه

May Allah grant all the sick complete shifaa. Aameen
as a non arab , it's hard for me to read arabic without damma , kasra , fatha . So , pl. add those . Jazakallah khair.

Ridwaan Ravat
11-02-2015, 02:08 AM

as a non arab , it's hard for me to read arabic without damma , kasra , fatha . So , pl. add those . Jazakallah khair.
لَا بَأْسَ طَهُوْرٌ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ
اللَّهُمَّ اشْفِهِ اللَّهُمَّ عَافِهِ

Muslim Woman
11-12-2015, 07:19 AM

i just read online that jannatis will be gathered in the next world and Hazrat Yusuf (as) will recite surah yusuf, then Prophet (saw) will recite surah yaseen and then Allah (swt) will recite surah rahman and then after that Allah (swt) will show Himself to the jannatis.

Is that true ?

Muslim Woman
11-12-2015, 07:21 AM

لَا بَأْسَ طَهُوْرٌ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ
اللَّهُمَّ اشْفِهِ اللَّهُمَّ عَافِهِ

dua is same for both men and women ?

which dua we can recite for ourselves to remain healthy ?

Ridwaan Ravat
11-12-2015, 09:09 AM

dua is same for both men and women ?

Assalamualykum

Yes it is the same for both men and women.

Jazakallah khair

Ridwaan Ravat
11-12-2015, 01:15 PM

Assalamualykum.

General duaa can be made for one wellbeing and health. Also one should live a healthy lifestyle with good eating habits. The best principal is what was taught to us by Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم , one third food , one third water and one third for air.

May Allah keep us all healthy to offer more worship. Aameen

Abu Musab
12-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Ah so you are the Moulana conducting the classes on farhan's new radio station, from your name i thought you may havebeen from south africa, but i see your location says you're from the uk.

strivingobserver98
12-17-2015, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab
Ah so you are the Moulana conducting the classes on farhan's new radio station, from your name i thought you may havebeen from south africa, but i see your location says you're from the uk.
Yes he's from South Africa brother :).

The location is a mistake, will correct it soon :ia:.

Abu Musab
12-17-2015, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Yes he's from South Africa brother :).

The location is a mistake, will correct it soon :ia:.
Did you at least interview him on the radio so that people can come to know him?

strivingobserver98
12-17-2015, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab
Did you at least interview him on the radio so that people can come to know him?
His classes start from Jan 2016, due to his other commitments.

Yes that's a good idea :jz:.

Aaqib
12-21-2015, 05:49 PM
I told my brother to stop listening to it, and he says he's not wishing it he's listening to it.

He ALWAYS plays this and it annoys me.

Is this haraam?

Abu Musab
12-23-2015, 10:36 AM
I told my brother to stop listening to it, and he says he's not wishing it he's listening to it.

Is this haraam?
Yes it is haraam.

For firstly music in general is haraam.

Then added to that is the fact that celebration of the kuffaar holidays in any way or form, is at best haraam, other `ulamaa have said it's kufr.

So this compounds two haraam acts, 1) Music. 2) Support of kuffaar celebrations.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Ridwaan Ravat
12-23-2015, 04:28 PM

Is this haraam?
Assalamualykum.

May Allah reward you for the concern you have for your elder brothers wellbeing.

It is incorrect to listen to "Merry Christmas", and I suggest you continue speaking to him lovingly. If he fails to listen , perhaps discuss it with your parents.

May Allah make it easy for you.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas

sfontel
12-23-2015, 11:44 PM
Is it true that according to Islam hell will be empty eventually?

Thanks and God bless!

BlueOwl358
12-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Prophetic narrations state that Hell will almost be empty and anyone with more faith than the weight of a mustard seed will be removed from it. However, those that do not have even this amount of faith will remain inside eternally.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of Hell enter Hell, Allaah will say: ‘Whoever had a mustard-seed’s weight of faith in his heart, bring him out.’ So they will bring him out, and they will come out like burned skeletons, and they will turn into charcoal. They will be thrown into the River of Life, then they will grow like seeds growing in the silt left by a flood.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do you not see how they emerge yellow and curved?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6192) and Muslim (184).

However, as I said, people who have not even the slightest of faith or have abandoned the concept of monotheism will not receive this freedom, and Hell will be present for them forever.

Indeed, those who disbelieve and commit wrong [or injustice] - never will Allah forgive them, nor will He guide them to a path. Except the path of Hell; they will abide therein forever. And that, for Allah, is [always] easy. (Quran 4:168-169)

This hadith is also relevant but a bit lengthy: http://quranx.com/hadith/bukhari/Book-97/Hadith-135/

Some extra links if you need more information: https://islamqa.info/en/21672, https://islamqa.info/en/96531

Peace.

sfontel
12-24-2015, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl358
Prophetic narrations state that Hell will almost be empty and anyone with more faith than the weight of a mustard seed will be removed from it. However, those that do not have even this amount of faith will remain inside eternally.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of Hell enter Hell, Allaah will say: ‘Whoever had a mustard-seed’s weight of faith in his heart, bring him out.’ So they will bring him out, and they will come out like burned skeletons, and they will turn into charcoal. They will be thrown into the River of Life, then they will grow like seeds growing in the silt left by a flood.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do you not see how they emerge yellow and curved?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6192) and Muslim (184).

However, as I said, people who have not even the slightest of faith or have abandoned the concept of monotheism will not receive this freedom, and Hell will be present for them forever.

Indeed, those who disbelieve and commit wrong [or injustice] - never will Allah forgive them, nor will He guide them to a path. Except the path of Hell; they will abide therein forever. And that, for Allah, is [always] easy. (Quran 4:168-169)

This hadith is also relevant but a bit lengthy: http://quranx.com/hadith/bukhari/Book-97/Hadith-135/

Some extra links if you need more information: https://islamqa.info/en/21672, https://islamqa.info/en/96531

Peace.
Thanks!

Muslim Woman
12-27-2015, 04:27 PM

A Woman died after giving birth of a baby girl in the hospital . Baby's father left the baby , so a lady took the baby home . Her husband refused to adopt the baby . So , woman's sister took the responsibility to raise her .

Now , the problem is , in birth certificate , in identity card , what to write as father and mothers name as they don't know these info .

Regards.

Abu Musab
01-10-2016, 11:50 AM

A Woman died after giving birth of a baby girl in the hospital . Baby's father left the baby , so a lady took the baby home . Her husband refused to adopt the baby . So , woman's sister took the responsibility to raise her .

Now , the problem is , in birth certificate , in identity card , what to write as father and mothers name as they don't know these info .

Regards.
Wa `alaykumus salaam.

If they do not know the details of the real parents, then they can put in their own details or anything they want, because the certificate does not determine parentage in the Sharee`ah.

If she raises the child, then the child should be informed at a later stage that she was adopted.

One final point, mere adoption doesn't make you into family, luckily this is a baby, so she needs to breastfeed the child in order for the child to become her milk daughter, then they are actually family.

Otherwise if not, then say this was a boy, without being breastfed he'd be a ghayr mahram to her, so she could raise him right until he reaches puberty, but then she would have to observe hijaab from him because he's a strange adult male with no relation to her.

So to summarise:

1: Fill in any details.
2: Breastfeed the child.
3: Inform the child at a later age of the adoption.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Anniza
01-24-2016, 11:14 AM
Are octinoxate and oxybenzone halal or haram?

amanshaikh1086
04-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Salam walikum

Islamic QA session idea is best because islamic knowledge share.

Thanks.

amanshaikh1086
05-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Hello

- Islamic Question and Answer best platform for this.
- It should be get improve Islamic Knowledge.

faseehurrehman
01-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Assalamualikum,

I am posting to know about the authenticity of a Hadith (picture attached). According to my research Sahih Muslim 6574 on www.sahihmuslim.com is different from the one in the picture, which is "This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Asim b. Kulaib with the same chain of transmitters that Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said to me: Say:" O Allaah, I beg of Thee righteousness and adhering to the straight path."

Thanks in advance,
Faseeh

Saeeda Shaikh
01-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Asalaam Alikum,
What is the meaning of Kafir, and difference between Kafir and mushrikeen ? JAK

Nitro Zeus
01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SZShaikh
Asalaam Alikum,
What is the meaning of Kafir, and difference between Kafir and mushrikeen ? JAK
Kafir= disbeliever and mushrekeen= polytheist

sofianeabi
02-22-2018, 10:18 AM
Is it halal to steal something that is classified as haram in order to destroy it? For example alcohol?

99sobi
02-22-2018, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sofianeabi
Is it halal to steal something that is classified as haram in order to destroy it? For example alcohol?
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Bismillah,

There is no doubt that Allah commands us in the Qur'an to enjoin what is good and forbid what is wrong. As Muslims, this is our duty. In the Qur'an, Surah Ali Imran, Allah says: "They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (Islamic Monotheism, and following Prophet Muhammad SAW) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and opposing Prophet Muhammad SAW); and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous."

The narrations of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, support the idea of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is wrong. On the authority of Abu Saeed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah say, “Whoever of you sees an evil must then change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then [he must change it ] with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then [he must change it] with his heart. And that is the slightest [effect of] faith.”

Therefore, one must try their hardest to change evil with their hands, that is by removing or eradicating it. However, your proposal of stealing alcohol in order to destroy it is rather strange, as you are doing something sinful (stealing) in order to stop something sinful (alcohol). Allah gives a good solution to tackling evil in the Qur'an, Surah Fussilat: "The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly)"

The Qur'an does not teach us to repel sin with further sin; rather, it tells us to repel sin with goodness. Therefore, stealing the alcohol would not be the best solution. However, if the alcohol is in your household, for example a member of the household is consuming it, and you are in a state of authority (e.g. the parent or elder), then you can dispose of that alcohol and explain that it is haram (communication is key). But, stealing it from, say, the supermarket is impermissible, as you are in no state of authority to do so.

And Allah knows best. I have used the Qur'an and Sunnah to aid me in my answer but I am not a scholar so please do not take my post 100%.

فصيح الياسين
02-22-2018, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 99sobi
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Bismillah,

There is no doubt that Allah commands us in the Qur'an to enjoin what is good and forbid what is wrong. As Muslims, this is our duty. In the Qur'an, Surah Ali Imran, Allah says: "They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (Islamic Monotheism, and following Prophet Muhammad SAW) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and opposing Prophet Muhammad SAW); and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous."

The narrations of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, support the idea of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is wrong. On the authority of Abu Saeed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah say, “Whoever of you sees an evil must then change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then [he must change it ] with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then [he must change it] with his heart. And that is the slightest [effect of] faith.”

Therefore, one must try their hardest to change evil with their hands, that is by removing or eradicating it. However, your proposal of stealing alcohol in order to destroy it is rather strange, as you are doing something sinful (stealing) in order to stop something sinful (alcohol). Allah gives a good solution to tackling evil in the Qur'an, Surah Fussilat: "The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly)"

The Qur'an does not teach us to repel sin with further sin; rather, it tells us to repel sin with goodness. Therefore, stealing the alcohol would not be the best solution. However, if the alcohol is in your household, for example a member of the household is consuming it, and you are in a state of authority (e.g. the parent or elder), then you can dispose of that alcohol and explain that it is haram (communication is key). But, stealing it from, say, the supermarket is impermissible, as you are in no state of authority to do so.

And Allah knows best. I have used the Qur'an and Sunnah to aid me in my answer but I am not a scholar so please do not take my post 100%.
Very well answered mashallah.
Also remember stealing is always haram.

cinnamonrolls1
02-23-2018, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sofianeabi
I wouldnt think so. Theft is theft at the end of the day.

jameelash
09-17-2018, 07:19 PM
What is the important of muharam

Abz2000
09-18-2018, 08:04 AM

Al-Ma'idah 5:97

جَعَلَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلْكَعْبَةَ ٱلْبَيْتَ ٱلْحَرَامَ قِيَٰمًا لِّلنَّاسِ وَٱلشَّهْرَ ٱلْحَرَامَ وَٱلْهَدْىَ وَٱلْقَلَٰٓئِدَۚ ذَٰلِكَ لِتَعْلَمُوٓا۟ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَعْلَمُ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ وَأَنَّ ٱللَّهَ بِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

Allah made the Ka'ba, the Sacred House, an asylum of security for men, as also the Sacred Months, the animals for offerings, and the garlands that mark them: That ye may know that Allah hath knowledge of what is in the heavens and on earth and that Allah is well acquainted with all things.

At-Taubah 9:2

فَسِيحُوا۟ فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ أَرْبَعَةَ أَشْهُرٍ وَٱعْلَمُوٓا۟ أَنَّكُمْ غَيْرُ مُعْجِزِى ٱللَّهِۙ وَأَنَّ ٱللَّهَ مُخْزِى ٱلْكَٰفِرِينَ

Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards, (as ye will), throughout the land, but know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah (by your falsehood) but that Allah will cover with shame those who reject Him.

At-Taubah 9:36

إِنَّ عِدَّةَ ٱلشُّهُورِ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ ٱثْنَا عَشَرَ شَهْرًا فِى كِتَٰبِ ٱللَّهِ يَوْمَ خَلَقَ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضَ مِنْهَآ أَرْبَعَةٌ حُرُمٌۚ ذَٰلِكَ ٱلدِّينُ ٱلْقَيِّمُۚ فَلَا تَظْلِمُوا۟ فِيهِنَّ أَنفُسَكُمْۚ وَقَٰتِلُوا۟ ٱلْمُشْرِكِينَ كَآفَّةً كَمَا يُقَٰتِلُونَكُمْ كَآفَّةًۚ وَٱعْلَمُوٓا۟ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ مَعَ ٱلْمُتَّقِينَ

The number of months in the sight of Allah is twelve (in a year)- so ordained by Him the day He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are sacred: that is the straight usage. So wrong not yourselves therein, and fight the Pagans all together as they fight you all together. But know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.

At-Taubah 9:37

إِنَّمَا ٱلنَّسِىٓءُ زِيَادَةٌ فِى ٱلْكُفْرِۖ يُضَلُّ بِهِ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ يُحِلُّونَهُۥ عَامًا وَيُحَرِّمُونَهُۥ عَامًا لِّيُوَاطِـُٔوا۟ عِدَّةَ مَا حَرَّمَ ٱللَّهُ فَيُحِلُّوا۟ مَا حَرَّمَ ٱللَّهُۚ زُيِّنَ لَهُمْ سُوٓءُ أَعْمَٰلِهِمْۗ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِى ٱلْقَوْمَ ٱلْكَٰفِرِينَ

Verily the transposing (of a prohibited month) is an addition to Unbelief: the Unbelievers are led to wrong thereby: for they make it lawful one year, and forbidden another year, in order to adjust the number of months forbidden by Allah and make such forbidden ones lawful. The evil of their course seems pleasing to them. But Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.

Abz2000
09-20-2018, 09:07 AM

https://www.islamicboard.com/worship...ml#post2999284

Lessons from Muharram: Fasting and how the Islamic calendar was made
Muharram is a month of sanctity, in which worship is more rewarding than other months. Nabi ﷺ said, “The year is twelve months of which four are sacred...

Ragna Muhammad
10-11-2018, 03:52 PM
I am a recent convert to Islam. I served in the military and suffer from PTSD and am required to take certain medications for my mental health. Is it permissible for me to do so?

azc
10-11-2018, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ragna Muhammad
I am a recent convert to Islam. I served in the military and suffer from PTSD and am required to take certain medications for my mental health. Is it permissible for me to do so?
Yes, why not...
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=278134
''You should also consult specialist doctors to prescribe for you medication to improve your condition.''

How to overcome post-traumatic stress disorder - Islam web - English
How to overcome post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD sufferer after having lost my family 4 years ago my father had murdered my mother in our family ho.....

Ragna Muhammad
10-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Thank you for the response. Allah’s blessings be upon you. Forgive me if I ask a lot of questions, but I am a recently converted Muslim and my desire is to live a perfect Muslim life as to honor Allah and The Holy Prophet (SAW). I have been doing a lot of reading on the proper way to do the Salat prayers, as this is an important pillar of my faith. I just started some online lessons to learn the Quranic Arabic so that I may understand the language of the Prophet (SAW) and to one day be able to read the Quran as it it supposed to be read. Do I need to do the prayers in Arabic? Or can I do parts in Arabic and English until I learn the Arabic language a little better? I am a slow learner when it comes to language, but I desire to honor Allah. Peace be upon you in the name of Allah and His Messenger.

Ragna

azc
10-11-2018, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ragna Muhammad
Thank you for the response. Allah’s blessings be upon you. Forgive me if I ask a lot of questions, but I am a recently converted Muslim and my desire is to live a perfect Muslim life as to honor Allah and The Holy Prophet (SAW). I have been doing a lot of reading on the proper way to do the Salat prayers, as this is an important pillar of my faith. I just started some online lessons to learn the Quranic Arabic so that I may understand the language of the Prophet (SAW) and to one day be able to read the Quran as it it supposed to be read. Do I need to do the prayers in Arabic? Or can I do parts in Arabic and English until I learn the Arabic language a little better? I am a slow learner when it comes to language, but I desire to honor Allah. Peace be upon you in the name of Allah and His Messenger.

Ragna
''If a person cannot read well in Arabic, he has to learn. If he does not learn when he is able to, his prayers are not valid. If he is not able, or he fears that he does not have time to learn before the time for the next prayer is over, and he knows one aayah of al-Faatihah, he should repeat it seven times… If he can recite more than that, he should repeat it as much as he needs to make his recitation equivalent to the length of Soorat al-Fatihah, or he could make it up by reciting other aayaat. If he knows some aayaat he does not have to repeat, he could recite another aayah instead, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded the one who could not recite Qur’aan well to say ‘Al-Hamdu Lillaah (Praise be to Allaah)’ and other phrases, which is part of an aayah, but he did not command him to repeat it. If he cannot do anything, but he knows some of the Qur’aan by heart, he should recite whatever he can, and nothing else will do, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood from Rifaa’ah ibn Raafi’, who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you get up to pray, if you know some Qur’aan, recite it, otherwise sayal-hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah), and La ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god but Allaah), and Allaahu akbar (Allaah is Most Great).” This is more like Qur’aan, and is more appropriate (than any other words). He should also recite as much as he needs to make it equivalent in length to Soorat al-Faatihah. If he cannot recite anything of the Qur’aan, and cannot learn before it is too late to pray the current prayer, he should say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah waLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah waAllaahu akbar waLaa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (Glory be to Allaah; praise be to Allaah; there is no god but Allaah; Allaah is Most Great; and there is no strength and no power except with Allaah).''

Abu Dawood reported that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “I cannot learn anything of the Qur’aan. Teach me something that will suffice me.” He said, “Say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah waLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah waAllaahu akbar waLaa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah.”

And Allaah knows best.
https://islamqa.info/en/3471?_e_pi_=...0%2C5988571034

- - - Updated - - -

She is 100% pure english, no arabic or urdu….what is the time limit for her to learn arabic and to read the qu’ran and salah?

Answer

There is no time limit for a revert to Islam to learn to recite the Qur?aan and Salaat. She should try her level best to recite the Qur?aan, Salaat and other obligations of the Shari?ah as soon as possible. Not knowing to recite the Qur?aan should not be an obstacle to perform Salaat.

Your friend may recite Subhaanallah, Alhamdulillah or Allaahu Akbar at least three times in every posture until she learns the basic Surahs to recite in Salaat.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/16215

Ragna Muhammad
10-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Thank you for the detailed and sweet. Peace and blessings of Allah upon you my friend.

Nitro Zeus
10-12-2018, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
''If a person cannot read well in Arabic, he has to learn. If he does not learn when he is able to, his prayers are not valid. If he is not able, or he fears that he does not have time to learn before the time for the next prayer is over, and he knows one aayah of al-Faatihah, he should repeat it seven times… If he can recite more than that, he should repeat it as much as he needs to make his recitation equivalent to the length of Soorat al-Fatihah, or he could make it up by reciting other aayaat. If he knows some aayaat he does not have to repeat, he could recite another aayah instead, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded the one who could not recite Qur’aan well to say ‘Al-Hamdu Lillaah (Praise be to Allaah)’ and other phrases, which is part of an aayah, but he did not command him to repeat it. If he cannot do anything, but he knows some of the Qur’aan by heart, he should recite whatever he can, and nothing else will do, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood from Rifaa’ah ibn Raafi’, who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you get up to pray, if you know some Qur’aan, recite it, otherwise sayal-hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah), and La ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god but Allaah), and Allaahu akbar (Allaah is Most Great).” This is more like Qur’aan, and is more appropriate (than any other words). He should also recite as much as he needs to make it equivalent in length to Soorat al-Faatihah. If he cannot recite anything of the Qur’aan, and cannot learn before it is too late to pray the current prayer, he should say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah waLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah waAllaahu akbar waLaa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (Glory be to Allaah; praise be to Allaah; there is no god but Allaah; Allaah is Most Great; and there is no strength and no power except with Allaah).''

Abu Dawood reported that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “I cannot learn anything of the Qur’aan. Teach me something that will suffice me.” He said, “Say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah waLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah waAllaahu akbar waLaa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah.”

And Allaah knows best.
https://islamqa.info/en/3471?_e_pi_=...0%2C5988571034

- - - Updated - - -

She is 100% pure english, no arabic or urdu….what is the time limit for her to learn arabic and to read the qu’ran and salah?

Answer

There is no time limit for a revert to Islam to learn to recite the Qur?aan and Salaat. She should try her level best to recite the Qur?aan, Salaat and other obligations of the Shari?ah as soon as possible. Not knowing to recite the Qur?aan should not be an obstacle to perform Salaat.

Your friend may recite Subhaanallah, Alhamdulillah or Allaahu Akbar at least three times in every posture until she learns the basic Surahs to recite in Salaat.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/16215
It is true what you say, but if you completely forgot Arabic, but years later you want to perform prayers, then you can memorize the sentences from prayers and then start praying after you have memorized, easy as 1+1=2. I have forgotten Arabic long time ago and even how to write in Arabic, but later I have decided to start perform the obligatory prayers by just memorizing the sentences from prayer, and I begun to pray independently. Does that mean my pray is valid, right? Or still, it is not valid as long as I don’t understand a word from prayer but just repeat the prayer?

azc
10-12-2018, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
It is true what you say, but if you completely forgot Arabic, but years later you want to perform prayers, then you can memorize the sentences from prayers and then start praying after you have memorized, easy as 1+1=2. I have forgotten Arabic long time ago and even how to write in Arabic, but later I have decided to start perform the obligatory prayers by just memorizing the sentences from prayer, and I begun to pray independently. Does that mean my pray is valid, right? Or still, it is not valid as long as I don’t understand a word from prayer but just repeat the prayer?
InshaAllah your salah is valid if you've prayed in Arabic even without understanding the words of prayer.

Moizraza
06-26-2019, 07:36 AM
جزاك الله خير

Very Informative Forums :statisfie

ما شاء الله

chalks75
07-17-2019, 02:08 PM
Hi this is my first time posting on this board I will lay my cards on the table, I am an atheist I am not convinced god or gods are real, I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer them

First of all , I recognise the role religion plays in the lives of individuals and the societies that create them , my questions do not relate to the usefulness of religions.

My questions relate to the truth of religions.

My first question is
How is a Muslim being convinced Islam is true , any different from a Hindu being convinced Hinduism is true , or a Christian , Christianity , a Jew Judaism ... or a believer in any religion that has ever existed ?

Would you agree that it is possible for millions of people to be convinced something is true, even though it has no basis in reality , this is especially true in regards to gods and religions ?

The last question is straightforward and it’s something that I’m unsure of

Do Muslims believe the god of Abraham is a real god?

Ahmed.
07-17-2019, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chalks75
Hi this is my first time posting on this board I will lay my cards on the table, I am an atheist I am not convinced god or gods are real, I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer them

First of all , I recognise the role religion plays in the lives of individuals and the societies that create them , my questions do not relate to the usefulness of religions.

My questions relate to the truth of religions.

My first question is
How is a Muslim being convinced Islam is true , any different from a Hindu being convinced Hinduism is true , or a Christian , Christianity , a Jew Judaism ... or a believer in any religion that has ever existed ?

Would you agree that it is possible for millions of people to be convinced something is true, even though it has no basis in reality , this is especially true in regards to gods and religions ?

The last question is straightforward and it’s something that I’m unsure of

Do Muslims believe the god of Abraham is a real god?
Yes we believe the God of Abraham is a real and also the one and only God.

I believe I've answered your first question in other threads

chalks75
07-17-2019, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Yes we believe the God of Abraham is a real and also the one and only God.

I believe I've answered your first question in other threads

Thank you ,
I once told a Christian that he shared a god with Muslims and Jews , he was adamant that Muslims do not believe in the god of Abraham.

chalks75
07-17-2019, 06:42 PM
Thank you ,
I once told a Christian that he shared a god with Muslims and Jews , he was adamant that Muslims do not believe in the god of Abraham.

I don’t think you have answered the question

How is you believing your god is real any different to a Hindu or an Ancient Greek believing that their gods are real .

IMHO

I think there are no real gods
There are only people that believe gods are real.

Gods are an invention of the human imagination, we create gods in an attempt to explain the universe and our place in it.

keiv
07-18-2019, 11:16 AM

How is you believing your god is real any different to a Hindu or an Ancient Greek believing that their gods are real .

IMHO

Gods are an invention of the human imagination, we create gods in an attempt to explain the universe and our place in it.
Well, first one has to understand what "God" is. There are groups that believe in multiple Gods. There are other groups that believe God is a part of His creation, that God is limited to a certain effect, or that God can die altogether! All of these other beliefs of what people believe to be "God", goes against the very idea of what God is. Islam is about as clear as can be on the definition of God and there is no complicated formula to try and understand Allah. All the prophets worshiped Allah. Whether or not a Jew, Christian, or Atheist believes it, makes no difference to the fact.

chalks75
07-18-2019, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Well, first one has to understand what "God" is. There are groups that believe in multiple Gods. There are other groups that believe God is a part of His creation, that God is limited to a certain effect, or that God can die altogether! All of these other beliefs of what people believe to be "God", goes against the very idea of what God is. Islam is about as clear as can be on the definition of God and there is no complicated formula to try and understand Allah. All the prophets worshiped Allah. Whether or not a Jew, Christian, or Atheist believes it, makes no difference to the fact.

You have perfectly demonstrated the problem .
People define what a god is .
People from cultures all over the globe , for 10,000 years ( at least) have created deities in an attempt to explain the universe and our place in it.

Gods are a concept, an idea , they are created and developed by people,
They are based on the things we do kit know our understand.

Don’t know how the universe came to be ... create a god to explain it
Don’t know how life began ... create a god to explain it
Afraid of death , create a god that supplies an afterlife.

Gods are a primitive attempt to explain the universe ... it would be much more intellectually honest to just say ... I don’t know .

Then you can say what you believe ,
You have your religious beliefs , just like Hindus have theirs , jews have theirs, Christians have theirs, the Norse had theirs.

Do you agree it’s possible for large numbers of people to believe things that have no basis in reality , thus is especially true in relation to gods and religions ?

Ahmed.
07-18-2019, 03:58 PM

IMHO

God is real and all theists believe that and the fact that most people on earth are and have always been theists is an indicator that belief in God is the natural belief of mankind; it is only this that makes sense of how this universe came about

We differ in the definition of that God but this is not evidence against theism, but rather falls in line with what theists have been saying all along, that satan can make people deviate from true beliefs

chalks75
07-18-2019, 09:14 PM
God is real and all theists believe that and the fact that most people on earth are and have always been theists is an indicator that belief in God is the natural belief of mankind; it is only this that makes sense of how this universe came about

We differ in the definition of that God but this is not evidence against theism, but rather falls in line with what theists have been saying all along, that satan can make people deviate from true beliefs
How many people believe something has no bearing on its truth.

If it did , Hinduism would be true.

I’m sure you would agree that the world is full of gods and religions that have totally come from the minds of men.

It’s possible for billions of people to believe something that has no basis in reality, is true .

The question is ... how could you be 100% sure that the god you believe is real ... is real.

I don’t think you can ,, it’s just things you believe are true , it’s your religion , just like the Hindus or Christians have their religion ... you have yours .

keiv
07-19-2019, 11:14 AM
You have perfectly demonstrated the problem .
People define what a god is .
People from cultures all over the globe , for 10,000 years ( at least) have created deities in an attempt to explain the universe and our place in it.

Gods are a concept, an idea , they are created and developed by people,
They are based on the things we do kit know our understand.

Don’t know how the universe came to be ... create a god to explain it
Don’t know how life began ... create a god to explain it
Afraid of death , create a god that supplies an afterlife.

Gods are a primitive attempt to explain the universe ... it would be much more intellectually honest to just say ... I don’t know .

Then you can say what you believe ,
You have your religious beliefs , just like Hindus have theirs , jews have theirs, Christians have theirs, the Norse had theirs.

Do you agree it’s possible for large numbers of people to believe things that have no basis in reality , thus is especially true in relation to gods and religions
?
Absolutely. People have had their own beliefs for as long as we've existed. I also agree that a large number of people believing in something doesn't make it correct.

In Sharh Saheeh Muslim, Al-Nawawi quoted al-Qadi ‘Iyad as saying concerning the meaning of this hadeeth:
“Islam began among a few individuals, then it spread and prevailed, then it will reduce in numbers until there are only a few left, as it was in the beginning.”
This isn't a numbers game afterall

chalks75
07-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Absolutely. People have had their own beliefs for as long as we've existed. I also agree that a large number of people believing in something doesn't make it correct.

All religions begin with a single person or a small group of people , they either catch on and gain in popularity then the popularity wanes and the religion dies out .
This is the case for every religion that has ever existed.

Islam is the same as other religions in this regard

chalks75
07-19-2019, 04:05 PM

When it said Islam prevailed .

Muslims make up a small fractions of the people on this planet, and an even smaller fraction of the people that have existed.

More people have lived and died , than has ever heard of Islam.

In what sense does it mean it has prevailed ?

'Abdullah
07-19-2019, 04:15 PM
When it said Islam prevailed .

Muslims make up a small fractions of the people on this planet, and an even smaller fraction of the people that have existed.

More people have lived and died , than has ever heard of Islam.

In what sense does it mean it has prevailed ?
Let's first define what is Islam? Islam is submission to the will of God.
Now does Islam started 1400 years ago? Answer is NO, that's the misconception which many non-Muslims have. All prophets and all people who believed in these prophets before the coming of Prophet Muhammad PBUH are Muslims. Islam is as old as humanity.
This the reason why Muslims believe in all prophets because they all came with the same message " Believe in ONE God-Allah."

Ahmed.
07-20-2019, 03:36 PM
How many people believe something has no bearing on its truth.

If it did , Hinduism would be true.

I’m sure you would agree that the world is full of gods and religions that have totally come from the minds of men.

It’s possible for billions of people to believe something that has no basis in reality, is true .

The question is ... how could you be 100% sure that the god you believe is real ... is real.

I don’t think you can ,, it’s just things you believe are true , it’s your religion , just like the Hindus or Christians have their religion ... you have yours .
I already told you about that light of faith Allah puts in our hearts; the way it works is, a person can follow intellectual evidences and if he doesn't deny the overwhelming evidence then God puts that light in the heart which enables us to witness the spiritual realities just as if a person saw a ghost with his own eyes hence witnessing for himself that there is a spiritual world too. Sometimes this light can be bestowed by the concurrence of circumstance:

Imam Abu Hamid Al-Ghazzali wrote, let me quote:

"Whoever supposes that faith is realized through speculative theology, abstract proofs, or academic divisions is an innovator. On the contrary, faith is a light that God, the Sublime and Exalted, casts into the hearts of His servants with bounty and grace from His presence. Sometimes faith is evidenced internally and is impossible to express; sometimes, through a vision while asleep; other times, by witnessing the state of a pious man and recieving the emanation of his light as a result of his companionship and presence; and then there are times when faith comes by the concurrence of circumstance.

Indeed, a Bedouin came to the Prophet denying and disavowing him. But when his eyes fell upon his radiant aspect - he saw in it the light of prophethood and exclaimed,
"By God! This is not the face of a liar!" He then implored the Prophet to explain Islam to him and immediately embraced it."

https://www.islamicity.org/forum/for...re-about-islam

Also we experience the spiritual world on a daily basis with our worship; we experience the peace, succour, and happiness that comes with prayer and obeying Allah and we experience the harm that comes with sinning; how can this be if Islam is not true? How could this spirituality and the promise of Allah of metaphysical harm and benefits work? Because it's true

chalks75
07-21-2019, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Let's first define what is Islam? Islam is submission to the will of God.
Now does Islam started 1400 years ago? Answer is NO, that's the misconception which many non-Muslims have. All prophets and all people who believed in these prophets before the coming of Prophet Muhammad PBUH are Muslims. Islam is as old as humanity.
This the reason why Muslims believe in all prophets because they all came with the same message " Believe in ONE God-Allah."

Which god?

chalks75
07-21-2019, 10:42 AM
I already told you about that light of faith Allah puts in our hearts; the way it works is, a person can follow intellectual evidences and if he doesn't deny the overwhelming evidence then God puts that light in the heart which enables us to witness the spiritual realities just as if a person saw a ghost with his own eyes hence witnessing for himself that there is a spiritual world too. Sometimes this light can be bestowed by the concurrence of circumstance:

Imam Abu Hamid Al-Ghazzali wrote, let me quote:

"Whoever supposes that faith is realized through speculative theology, abstract proofs, or academic divisions is an innovator. On the contrary, faith is a light that God, the Sublime and Exalted, casts into the hearts of His servants with bounty and grace from His presence. Sometimes faith is evidenced internally and is impossible to express; sometimes, through a vision while asleep; other times, by witnessing the state of a pious man and recieving the emanation of his light as a result of his companionship and presence; and then there are times when faith comes by the concurrence of circumstance.

Indeed, a Bedouin came to the Prophet denying and disavowing him. But when his eyes fell upon his radiant aspect - he saw in it the light of prophethood and exclaimed,
"By God! This is not the face of a liar!" He then implored the Prophet to explain Islam to him and immediately embraced it."

https://www.islamicity.org/forum/for...re-about-islam

Also we experience the spiritual world on a daily basis with our worship; we experience the peace, succour, and happiness that comes with prayer and obeying Allah and we experience the harm that comes with sinning; how can this be if Islam is not true? How could this spirituality and the promise of Allah of metaphysical harm and benefits work? Because it's true
I understand the social benefits of religion , that is true of the majority of religions , and is independent of wether they are true or not.

If I saw a ghost ( I don’t believe ghosts are real) , then I might believe in ghosts or that I’m losing my mind , or that I’m mistaken.
But gods are not something we can see , or at least I’ve not seen a god.

As for faith
There have been 1000s of religions , and the believers all had faith.
If this demonstrates anything , it demonstrates that “faith is not a reliable path to truth”.

You can justify any belief using faith

Ahmed.
07-23-2019, 03:25 PM
I understand the social benefits of religion , that is true of the majority of religions , and is independent of wether they are true or not.

If I saw a ghost ( I don’t believe ghosts are real) , then I might believe in ghosts or that I’m losing my mind , or that I’m mistaken.
But gods are not something we can see , or at least I’ve not seen a god.

As for faith
There have been 1000s of religions , and the believers all had faith.
If this demonstrates anything , it demonstrates that “faith is not a reliable path to truth”.

You can justify any belief using faith
Rather than look into Islam properly like read the Quran, study the seerah etc to see whether a God could have put clear signs in them for us to recognise it as Gods truth, you are just always finding excuses and dismissing all arguments

Do yourself a favour and just read (,all of it):

http://www.islam101.com/quran/QTP/index.htm

chalks75
07-24-2019, 05:56 PM
Rather than look into Islam properly like read the Quran, study the seerah etc to see whether a God could have put clear signs in them for us to recognise it as Gods truth, you are just always finding excuses and dismissing all arguments

Do yourself a favour and just read (,all of it):

http://www.islam101.com/quran/QTP/index.htm
Read the vedas
All of it , read it with an open mind ,
You dismiss all the arguments for Hinduism
Just open your heart to the truth.

Read the bible
Study it , accept Jesus is god
The evidence is right there in the bible , if you would only open your heart and stop making excuses.

Read the Book of Mormon,
The truth was revealed to him by an angel of god.
You just have to open the book and open your heart.
You are dismissing all the arguments for Mormonism.

Read homers odyssey, the lord Zeus will reveal himself to you.
You just have to study , you will find the answers you seek.

Spot the difference [emoji846]

Ahmed.
07-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Read the vedas
All of it , read it with an open mind ,
You dismiss all the arguments for Hinduism
Just open your heart to the truth.

Read the bible
Study it , accept Jesus is god
The evidence is right there in the bible , if you would only open your heart and stop making excuses.

Read the Book of Mormon,
The truth was revealed to him by an angel of god.
You just have to open the book and open your heart.
You are dismissing all the arguments for Mormonism.

Read homers odyssey, the lord Zeus will reveal himself to you.
You just have to study , you will find the answers you seek.

Spot the difference [emoji846]
There you go again, more smart alec arguments (rolls eyes). What if God has shown me the Truth in such a way that it is same as witnessing it with your own eyes? (And God can do that right?), so then there'd be no need to look into other religions when I've found the Truth therefore know that all others are false.

Now I bet you're going to say "but a Hindu will say the same thing', ignoring all other evidences I've given you of how no one else believes in their religion like Muslims do. The problem with you is, you ignore what we tell you and just carry on going round in circles with your 'excuses' :facepalm:

chalks75
07-24-2019, 07:42 PM
There you go again, more smart alec arguments (rolls eyes). What if God has shown me the Truth in such a way that it is same as witnessing it with your own eyes? (And God can do that right?), so then there'd be no need to look into other religions when I've found the Truth therefore know that all others are false.

Now I bet you're going to say "but a Hindu will say the same thing', ignoring all other evidences I've given you of how no one else believes in their religion like Muslims do. The problem with you is, you ignore what we tell you and just carry on going round in circles with your 'excuses' :facepalm:
If you can prove to me that a god has given you some truth , if you can prove to me that a god exists to give you some truth ... then we could go somewhere.

Until you prove there is a god ... I have no reason to believe any claim you make about that god.

The horse goes before the kart.

“ no one else believes in their religion like Muslims do “
That’s absurd , there are plenty of people just as convinced as you are that their gods are real.

There have been people over the past 10,000 years convinced all manner of deities , spooks and spectres are real
Real enough to die for it, or kill for it.

Which demonstrates a point perfectly

It’s possible for billions of people to be convinced of something that has no basis in reality ... this is especially true in regards to gods and religions.

There is a very recognisable pattern , over the past 10,000 years.

People invent a god , make a religion around it , create stories around it , build temples , worship , pray , believe prayers answered sing , ..... and the gods are complete fiction , no basis in reality.

Is it possible that , your god and religion is the same as the 1000s of other people invented

Moizraza
07-25-2019, 05:21 AM
What is Qurbani And how i can success full Qurbani

فصيح الياسين
07-25-2019, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moizraza
What is Qurbani And how i can success full Qurbani
Qurbani is path of ibrahim alihe salam. Which is wajib on those persons who bears the exact amount on which zakkat occurs and not performing the hajj.

In qurabani person have to slaughter animal which are only cow sheep goat and camel non other.

Qurabni is done within three days from 10 zul hajja to 12

Moizraza
07-27-2019, 09:49 AM
Jazak Allah To give information about Qurbani

Thurayyaa
08-28-2019, 12:27 AM
Salamu alaikum. I am a sister who plans to move to Saudi Arabia and live there permanently inshaAllah as they now issue permanent resident visa to foreigners if they pay a lot of money. My questions is for those who know Madinatul Munawwarah as I have never been there. Is it possible for me to get at least 10 liters of zam zam water daily from Masjidun Nabawiyy if I live in Madinah? Will I be able to get the zam zam water if I go to the mosque by car? What about during seasons of Hajj and umrah? Will I be able to get it despite the crowds of people that will be there? What about if I were to live in Makkah not Madinah? Will I be able to get the zam zam daily even during crowds seasons of hajj and umrah? Another question I have is regarding the hadith that says zam zam water can substitute food and about the historical story which says that the people of Makkah regard zam zam water as shabba'ah and that they used to give it as food to their children and also stories of men who have survived solely on zam zam water for forty days or more without any problem. I am a sister who doesn't really like to breastfeed her newborn children if I happen to give birth to any. Can I use zam zam water with additives like honey and other natural sweeteners as a sole source of nourishment for my newborn babies? Will zam zam water satisfy them and make them grow and be healthy?

Ahmed.
08-28-2019, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thurayyaa
Salamu alaikum. I am a sister who plans to move to Saudi Arabia and live there permanently inshaAllah as they now issue permanent resident visa to foreigners if they pay a lot of money. My questions is for those who know Madinatul Munawwarah as I have never been there. Is it possible for me to get at least 10 liters of zam zam water daily from Masjidun Nabawiyy if I live in Madinah? Will I be able to get the zam zam water if I go to the mosque by car? What about during seasons of Hajj and umrah? Will I be able to get it despite the crowds of people that will be there? What about if I were to live in Makkah not Madinah? Will I be able to get the zam zam daily even during crowds seasons of hajj and umrah? Another question I have is regarding the hadith that says zam zam water can substitute food and about the historical story which says that the people of Makkah regard zam zam water as shabba'ah and that they used to give it as food to their children and also stories of men who have survived solely on zam zam water for forty days or more without any problem. I am a sister who doesn't really like to breastfeed her newborn children if I happen to give birth to any. Can I use zam zam water with additives like honey and other natural sweeteners as a sole source of nourishment for my newborn babies? Will zam zam water satisfy them and make them grow and be healthy?

I doubt whether you can get free zamzam water from the zam zam well (as that will cause chaos with millions of people scrambling for it) but you can buy drums of Zam zam water however much you want.

Allah has created breast milk for babies so there can be no other better nutritious drink for it than that

stories of survival on zamzam water for 40 days could be true, but it's unlikely to work for run of mill sinners like us, as it's a lot to do with faith too, so the consequences of making your baby survive on zam zam with a little sweetener could be disastrous

'Abdullah
08-28-2019, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thurayyaa
First of all congratulation to have this opportunity to live in Medina or Mecca. May Allah give this opportunity to all of us to visit these cities at least one time in our life, Ameen!

Getting Zamzam water in Mecca or Medina is not a problem. You can get it as much as you like. If you end up living in these Holy Cities then probably 5-10 liters a day will be more than enough for you. The bigger reward is to be able to pray all prayers in Prophet's Mosque or in Haram inshalah. Once you are there, you will see that need to drink Zam-zam becomes secondary.

Let me quote few hadiths to highlight the importance of Zamzam water, and I think you may have heard or read these and hence the reason you want to feed Zamzam water to your babies:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The water of Zamzam is for whatever it is drunk for.” {Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 3062}
This is a hasan hadeeth. A myriad of cases exist that testify to the healing nature of Zam-zam. Drinking Zam-zam with the sincere intention of fulfilling a need, such as healing a physical ailment, being freed from poverty or distress, even achieving calm in the wake of any type of anxiety, gives way to Allah fulfilling these needs. One could continue drinking it until one is completely healed.
The Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasalam used to wash his chest with Zam-zam to gain courage and relieve anxiety through Allah’s grace, before visiting the heavens; he would drink it and use it for Wudhu. If you visit Mecca, you will see many hujjaj doing the same (subhanallah).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The best water on the face of the earth is the water of Zam-zam; it is a kind of food and a healing from sickness.”
{Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3302}
It was reported in Sahih Muslim that the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said to Abu Dhār, who had stayed near the Ka’bah and its coverings for forty days and nights with no food or drink other than (Zamzam): “How long have you been here?” Abu Dhār said, “I have been here for thirty days and nights.” The Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said, “Who has been feeding you?” He said, “I have had nothing but Zamzam water, and I have gotten so fat that I have folds of fat on my stomach. I do not feel any of the tiredness or weakness of hunger and I have not become thin.” The Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said, “Verily, it is blessed, it is food that nourishes.”
{Narrated by Imam Muslim, 2473}
Scientific proof shows that Zam-zam contains healing components due to its higher content of calcium and magnesium salts and natural fluorides which present germicidal properties.

Now this is more than enough to believe in healing nature of zam-zam water. But we also know that Allah, His prophets and companions of prophet Muhammad PBUH never used zam-zam water alone to feed new born babies. Breast milk is the best nutrition source for baby and it is also very helpful for women to feed their babies. It is a misconception that by feeding babies, women get out of shape. Women actually loose weight quickly by breastfeeding their babies and it also creates a strong bond between them. Breastfeeding your child is also one of the right which mother has and if there is no medical reason, one should breastfeed their babies. You can also feed zam-zam water and honey as your kids grow up occasionally.

Allah know the best!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!