/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How much time we have left!

strivingobserver98
09-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Subhan Allah just stumbled upon these pictures, it shows us how short time we really have in this dunya. Death can indeed hit us at any given time. May Allah enable us to use our time beneficially ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snow
09-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Most of these people in that image have killed themselves through drug use or been killed by others.
I have no idea what that image is supposed to mean in general.
Just enjoy life. Do not focuse on death. It is unavoidable and should be dealt with as you have to experience it.

Saja
09-10-2014, 09:54 PM
There’s nothing new about knowing that death might hit us anytime, the surprising is we act like no one has ever told us that we will die one day.

strivingobserver98
09-10-2014, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
Most of these people in that image have killed themselves through drug use or been killed by others.
I have no idea what that image is supposed to mean in general.
Just enjoy life. Do not focuse on death. It is unavoidable and should be dealt with as you have to experience it.
We also have possibility of getting killed by others, in fact killed by any way. Our death is predetermined at the exact time, day and second. What is exactly your definition of "Enjoy life"? It's beneficial to constantly remind ourselves about death even in salah, as it reminds us this world is temporary. Also keeps us Repenting and keeping to good deeds, so when death does come we are in a state of imaan.

This Ramadan I had a close call with death. Long story short, car came other side of the road at nearly 70 mph nearly had head on collision. Just by 2 seconds it was a close call. Allah decided it was not my time yet, Qadr of Allah. That moment.. it felt so long. For that split second all dunya pleasures were gone from my mind.

The reason why I shared the original post is just look at those blocks subhan Allah, not only reminds you about death but also shows you have temporary and short this dunya is.

Maybe the famous deaths image was a wrong example, but in real life just visit the graves. You see people from all types of ages subhan Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
09-11-2014, 06:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
We can enjoy our beautiful moments like when we gather with those we love, do fun activity, or enjoy delicious food. But we must not thinking to just enjoy the life because it will make us forget that death can comes anytime.

I will tell a story that happened long time ago.

One day in late of my teen age I came to an event. Then an older guy approached me. He was my cousin close friend. We talked for few moments, and then he sat on my car, on the car, not in car. He sat there long time enough, and I noticed something, his eyes looked 'empty'. That was the last time I saw him.

Two weeks later heroin addiction attacked him when he run out heroin. Then the tried to cool down his body in the bathroom, but he drowned in the bathtub. He was a smart young guy, in mid of 20's, from family that wealthy enough, and he was good looking enough. But he lost his brighter future because he died in young age.

I remember when he and my rich cousin enjoyed their life with many crazy things like the life will never ended. I remember too when them and two other friend left my home, went to my cousin parent home in another city. They rode my cousin new car. Few hours later they back to my home without car, and injured. Yeah, crazy driving lead them to road accident that destroyed my cousin car. And my dad reaction when he saw the car was "Amazing! they survived!".

Near death experience did not make them aware that death could come anytime. They still in their crazy life, until my cousin friend died in young age.

My cousin?. He died few years ago in late of his 40's age, and delivered to his grave by many people including dozens of masjid youth who then made special du'a event for my cousin. Yes, my cousin was a honored figure among youth in his community, and although not an ustadz, he was known as religious person who active in masjid activities.

Remember of death lead my cousin to leave the wrong way and back to the right way. My cousin was luckier than his friend because Allah gave him longer time for repent.

Waylon
09-11-2014, 10:17 AM
I think this is just crazy to consider it a way to meassure how you ight be doing in life and when you might meet your end. I think we are governed by our actions and this will be the one thing that is going to determine how we end up in life. If we live or die young is not something that can be meassured by anything but our own actions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!