/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The earth is slowing down.

Saja
09-10-2014, 09:22 PM
The science has discovered that the earth’s rotation has slowed down, or is slowing down, which made them think of the idea of the earth stopping rotating! Although science says it’s impossible, but it might change if they find something to back it up.

Hearing about this discovery I remembered the prophet (SAW) hadith about the sun rising from the west, the only difference between the hadith and what scientists say is if ever the earth stopped rotating no one will live to see the next day, but according to the hadith the sun rising from the west is due to the earth standing still then spinning from the other direction.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
09-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Salaams,

On this matter, I came across a documentary on tv talking about the Earth's magnetic field which is growing weaker.... they discovered that in the past, the Earth had switched polarity and the indication is that it will once again switch in the future. There you will get the reversal of East and West. (If this documentary has any truth to it).

Worth pondering?

Peace :shade:

Scimitar
10-22-2014, 10:51 PM
I thought it was the reversal of North and South, not East and West.

Also, can someone cite the article where it suggests the earth is slowing down its rotation?

thanks in advance

Scimi

greenhill
10-23-2014, 01:28 AM
Wouldn't East and West also switch if North and South were to reverse? ... I'm not too good with physics..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
10-23-2014, 02:33 AM
take a ball, mark one side top and one side bottom - on the right side write E for east and on the left side write W for west... now turn the ball upside down towards yourself so that top is bottom and vice versa - yet east is still east and west is still west :)

Amazing huh?

You know, in older maps - north was oriented south and vice versa? well - even then, east was east and west was west :)

Amazing eh?

Scimi

greenhill
10-23-2014, 04:27 AM
There goes my theory.... :hiding:

I accept your explanation... makes sense

Muhaba
10-24-2014, 10:46 PM
I also don't have knwledge of physics but if poles switched, wouldn't east and west also get switched so that the countries on the east side would face west. see image below:

Attachment 5378

Scimitar
10-24-2014, 11:19 PM
No.

Do the experiment I asked bro Greenhill to do with a ball.

If you turn the ball clockwise or counter clockwise - the east / west will reverse - however, if turned it towards yourself or away from yourself - they won't.

In other words, if the earths poles turn clockwise or anti clockwise from the sun until the poles are reversed - so will the direction of east and west... but if the earth turns north to south without a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction - meaning the earth is instead rotating away or towards the sun - the east and west will remain as they are and only the poles will be flipped.

I hope that simplified it for you.

for the record - I'm no good with physics, I sat here with a ball and a marker pen and worked it out by myself :D

Scimi

Muhaba
10-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Ah, you mean it would become like this, with north and south reversed but east and west the same?

Attachment 5379

MuslimInshallah
10-25-2014, 12:13 AM
Assalaamu alaikum everyone,

The earth's magnetic poles have switched in the past, and will probably do so in the future. The magnetic pole switches, not the physical earth. Canada and Australia would still be in the same places relative to the sun, but the polarity of the earth would be inverted. The north magnetic pole would be in Antarctica, and the south magnetic pole would be in Northern Canada. So the sun could rise from the compass West and set in the compass East. You can google "earth polarity switch". And you will find, for instance: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...than-expected/ and http://www.physics.org/facts/frog-magnetic-field.asp

And yes, the earth is slowly slowing. http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/as...s/980421b.html Google "earth slowing", and you can find loads of references to this.

I hope this helps.

But only Allah truly Knows.

Scimitar
10-25-2014, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
The magnetic pole switches, not the physical earth.
however:

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!