PDA

View Full Version : What's the meaning : reducing awe ,chins raised ?

Muslim Woman
09-11-2014, 03:32 AM
:sl:

can u pl. explain the meaning ?

He gives his answer without reducing his awe , while those asking him have their chins raised

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-11-2014, 04:52 AM

full para :

Ibn al Khayyat praised Malik bin Anas , saying ,

He gives his answer without reducing his awe , while those asking him have their chins raised ;

The light of tranquility and the honor of righteous authority ,

This is how they respect him without him being an authority ...

MuslimInshallah
09-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

full para :

Ibn al Khayyat praised Malik bin Anas , saying ,

He gives his answer without reducing his awe , while those asking him have their chins raised ;

The light of tranquility and the honor of righteous authority ,

This is how they respect him without him being an authority ...

Wa alaikum assalaam,

I am just guessing, but it seems to me that Ibn al-Khayyat is saying that Malik bin Anas retains his humility (through awe of Allah) when asked about something, and that those receiving his answer are elevated by/may be proud of their teacher.

Hope this helps. And thank you for the opportunity to reflect about a couple of the great scholars.

Muslim Woman
09-11-2014, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Wa alaikum assalaam,

I am just guessing, but it seems to me that Ibn al-Khayyat is saying that Malik bin Anas retains his humility (through awe of Allah) when asked about something, and that those receiving his answer are elevated by/may be proud of their teacher.

Hope this helps.

sis jazakallah 1 -

And thank you for the opportunity to reflect about a couple of the great scholars.

here r some more from the book ' Manners of the Knowledge Seekers'

Al Ghulabi , Al Hasan , Ibrahim an Nakhai , Khalaf al ahmar , Sharik ra

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!