/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Little inspirations

greenhill
09-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Salaams,

If life is a lesson for all of us to gain wisdom, every one will have their own formulas to cope with the challenges they face daily. I am curious if anyone of the members here have any 'motto', 'mantra', or sayings, 'philosophy' (not necessarily religiously related) that helps or guide them?

*One of the first 'life's philosophy' I loved was the saying "Do Well, Think Well, Say Well" and I try to incorporated it into my everyday life.

*The second inspirational quote I came across was from Muhammad Ali (Boxing) where he quoted "You can't get knocked out if you can see a punch coming", gave new meaning to me where preparation and alertness can help you avoid nasty surprises.

*A more deeper one for me (as it is very often forgotten about) is "it all depends on our intentions". This is especially so when it comes to matters of the deen. Same effort gets either full rewards or nothing depending on intentions.... This matter is not about everyday life but about everything we do and I often forget to 'align' my intentions to begin with.

*When faced with a huge task I would always remind myself "every step I take is one step closer to the destination" (in other words, if I stay there (or not start) I would go nowhere and the task will still be there in front of me).^o)

These are my so called 'mantra/motto', if you have any to share and perhaps inspire others with their lives, please share it with us...or me ;D

Peace :shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
09-12-2014, 02:49 PM
I'd like to add my younger brother's motto - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" ... ^o).... although it has happened to me several times, and have wished I'd never tried to 'fix' whatever it was, what a mess! Many more times the fix ended being fruitful. I can't bear to watch something that has gone 'sick' or is going sick, be left unattended to. So, in the end I would be drawn in to try to do something.... sometimes it does not work out, so be it!

But his car, hmmmmm, no need for break, little sound, must fix... ;D:haha:

Muhaba
09-12-2014, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
But his car, hmmmmm, no need for break, little sound, must fix... ;D:haha:

I think 'prevention is better than cure' comes handy in this.

ardianto
09-13-2014, 04:32 PM
"It's better walk slowly to the destination than run fastly without direction"
My motto in build a business. I realize, it's better if I build a business step by step slowly but in accordance to the master plan than hurry to expand but always change and change the plan.

"Sky above, earth below, meet in horizon and become a beautiful panorama"
This was what I've said to my wife when she complain that difference between me and her was like sky and earth. There's must be difference between husband and wife, but it doesn't mean they can't build a harmony.

"Do not say if he can then I can, but look and learn how he can do it"
I found this principle when I was still active in motorcycle racing and got accident in practice. Then I realized, something that look easy actually is hard if I don't know the right technique to do it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
09-14-2014, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
"Do not say if he can then I can, but look and learn how he can do it"
I found this principle when I was still active in motorcycle racing and got accident in practice. Then I realized, something that look easy actually is hard if I don't know the right technique to do it.
This reminds me of my friend who used to rally.... About 3 cars ended up in a ditch, one on top of the other ....... I think because the first one thought he can but couldn't, and the second one, seeing the first going at great speed for the bend also thought, if he can then I can (but obviously couldn't) and the third one too! My friend was the fourth.... He made it!

ardianto
09-15-2014, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
This reminds me of my friend who used to rally.... About 3 cars ended up in a ditch, one on top of the other ....... I think because the first one thought he can but couldn't, and the second one, seeing the first going at great speed for the bend also thought, if he can then I can (but obviously couldn't) and the third one too! My friend was the fourth.... He made it!

I have seen many business that failed because those businessmen use principle "If he can do it, then I can do it too".

In example, they see Mr Ahmad get success in agriculture business, then they think "If I establish agriculture business like Mr.Ahmad, I will success too". But they do not realize that Mr.Ahmad already have knowledge, experience, and already familiar with agriculture business before he establish his business, while they are do not have what Mr.Ahmad have. The result?. Failed!.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!