/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Islam From an Atheist

zallzool
09-21-2014, 02:36 AM
So I am a 17 year old student currently living in the US. I was born Jewish, but as time went on I became less religious to the point where I am essentially atheist. I don't really believe in any God or higher power, I haven't for years.

That being said, I have looked at the three major monotheistic religions (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam), and out of all of them Islam has stuck out a little in the sense that it seems more reasonable to a degree than the other two. I did some research and watched this person named Dr. Zakir Naik, and have learned a little about the religion. I also have many Muslim friends who have told me a lot about various aspects of Muslim culture and belief. Taking all of these together, I have a couple questions about Islam and religion in general.

1. I have heard from people and read in the Quran that Islam teaches that before people are born, they are given the choice of being an angel or a person. Angels have no free will, and humans have the ability to choose their own decisions. (This topic was discussed in a video I watched featuring a Muslim preacher called Dr. Zakir Naik. If you chose free will, you are sent to earth where your faith is tested. I have thought about this concept even before I knew that it was incorporated into Islam, and wondered if that was perhaps the reason that consciousness/ the universe even exists. Perhaps there is a higher power that is creating the human experience for a purpose. I think that the fact that this is part of Islam is what drew my curiosity initially.

I thought about this for a while, and in doing so an idea popped up that I'm sure someone can answer. If Allah does put those who choose choice on Earth as a test of faith, wouldn't that test be fundamentally flawed? Wouldn't the likelihood of a child born into a Muslim family in the Middle East staying Muslim and believing in Allah be higher than that of a child who was born in a small Catholic town in Sweden? Essentially, some people are more likely to maintain various religious faiths based on their environment and where they are born, making the test easier for some and harder for others. I wasn't born into a Muslim family, so wouldn't it be more difficult for me to spend time to learn about Islam and take the huge leap of conversion before I died than it would for one of my Muslim friends who was born into the faith?

Culture experience and values taught by parents to children at an early age stick, this is why it is difficult to get people to convert. If I had been born into a strictly religious Christian family and taught to accept the Bible as fact, I am positive that I would be that way unless some major event happened to change my views.

Here's an example: The Christian Bible is riddled with scientific inaccuracies and contains some paradoxes that make no sense whatsoever (From what I have read, the Quran contains much less than the Bible, however some do exist... another reason why Islam is the most convincing of the three to me). Even when confronted with certain absolutes and blatant mistakes, many Christians will blindly refute this, attempt to change the topic, or simply say "I don't know". People like to stick to what they know, and when outside ideas are presented that conflict their own, conflict arises (One of the main reasons I believe causes almost religious war and intolerance). Faith is one of the most powerful human emotions, next to hope and hatred... it takes a lot to change one who was already set on a course from birth.

So, to draw all of this together, I want to get back to the question at hand. Isn't the test flawed, since some people are born into Muslim families and must simply maintain faith to get to heaven, while others must work to convert, change ideology, and even face persecution?

2. The second question I have pertains more to religion in general. If God is loves all dearly, why send people to hell? Why even make hell at all? In my short time on this planet I have come to love people greatly, and despise others equally. However, no matter what you have done or who you are, I do not wish an eternity in hell. I do not believe that anything sin a man or woman can commit on this planet deserves a time as long as infinity burning in hell.

If I was an all knowing all loving God, I wouldn't even think to create such a horrific place. Why not just let everyone who I have created and given the gift of thought to live in Heaven in peace.

I have a fundamental issue accepting a God who would send a serial murder rapist who repents on the last day of his or her life straight to heaven, while letting 80% of world's population who may be good, responsible people burn in hell forever.

In this respect, Judaism seems the most solid in my opinion, as it is the least contradictory. In Judaism, there isn't a hell to go to... all people go to heaven after they die no matter what. Once in heaven, however, you may be farther from God if you have committed atrocious crimes as a human on Earth, but you will still be in heaven. I think that Judaism seems the most consistent in that respect, since its all knowing all loving God loves all, and therefore sends none to hell.

3. My third question kind of builds off of the second question. If God knows everything I have done and will do, do I have free choice? The answer is: not really. I mean, I can't say for sure yes or no since this question has been debated by philosophers long before the invention of the pen, but to me it seems that the answer is no. Here's why.

This question has a lot to do with absolutes. There are absolutes in this world, things that you know no matter what are going to happen. My death, and yours is an absolute. I have no choice over whether or not I will die, I have no control whatsoever. All absolutes work in this way. Since God knows everything, everything he knows is an absolute. He knows what I will do once I finish this extremely long post, and I cannot change that. What he knows that I will do is an absolute, therefore I have no choice over whether or not it happens. I have an illusion of free choice, in that since he doesn't tell me what is going to happen, I don't know. But he does. In God's eyes I am merely a mouse running down a single path in a maze that pushes it forward whether the mouse wants to move or not. I know that the mouse will end up at the end, the mouse has no control over that, but the to the mouse, it is just going with the flow, doing whatever the maze tells it to do.

4. The previous three were my main questions, and now I am finally ending with just one more. During the 14th and 15th centuries (and far beyond), the accepted idea was that women are inferior to men because they have smaller brains and therefore less mental ability. Essentially, women were considered vehicles of sin who could comprehend nothing higher than gossip and "pure" thoughts. With modern science and thought, we obviously know that while there are biological differences between men and women, neither gender is smarter or able to reason more than the other.

This being true, since religious texts such as the Bible and the Quran were written way in the past, it is no wonder why there would be some sexism interwoven into the principles of the religion. While there seems to be less of this in the Quran, it does appear in many places:

Sura 2:228: "Divorced women remain in waiting for three periods, and it is not lawful for them to conceal what Allah has created in their wombs if they believe in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands have more right to take them back in this [period] if they want reconciliation. And due to the wives is similar to what is expected of them, according to what is reasonable. But the men have a degree over them [in responsibility and authority]. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise."

Bukhari (6:301): "A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

The Quran also states that the majority of hell is made of women, the only women in heaven mentioned by Muhammad are virgins who serve as sex objects for me.

There is more than just these few examples, but the idea is clear. Women are essentially likened to immoral, deceiving, and sex desiring. They are counted as vastly inferior to men.

This doesn't surprise me, as the Quran was written during a time period when this was the general opinion about women. But, like I said earlier, in modern times women are considered equal to men, and possess the same potential reason, logic, intelligence, and moral present in men. If anything women are more moral and mature, as modern psychology shows they develop self control and inhibition far faster than men (women around age 20, men around age 35). Obviously, this is not true for everyone, but women posses the same ability to form intelligent thought as men.

How could doctrine written by God be so sexist? Shouldn't he of all people promote tolerance and acceptance, especially when the group that is being discriminated against does have the same ability to think as that of the oppressor?

So those were my main questions about Islam. I am in no way trying to offend anyone, I am simply curious about Islam and how it would answer these questions. I've tried my hardest to articulate these thoughts as best as possible, but I'd be happy to clarify anything.

Thank you in advance to anyone who read this, it turned out way longer than I expected, and I look forward to any replies and discussion :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
saif-uddin
09-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Peace be Upon those who recieve Guidance!

zalzool although the Hadith states the Majority of the people in Jahannam/Hell will be Women, we don't know if this is one Woman more than the Men, or Significantly more,

regardless the reason stated is clear ...

read this link for detailed answer with proof.

Praise be to Allah.It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that women will form the majority of the people of Hell. It was narrated from ‘Imran ibn Husayn that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “I looked into Paradise and I saw that the majority of its people were the poor. And I looked into Hell and I saw that the majority of its people are women.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhari, 3241; Muslim, 2737)

With regard to the reason for this, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was asked about it and he explained the reason.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.” They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).” It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allah?” He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1052)

It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) went out to the musalla (prayer place) on the day of Eid al-Adha or Eid al-Fitr. He passed by the women and said, ‘O women! Give charity, for I have seen that you form the majority of the people of Hell.’ They asked, ‘Why is that, O Messenger of Allah?’ He replied, ‘You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religious commitment than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.’ The women asked, ‘O Messenger of Allah, what is deficient in our intelligence and religious commitment?’ He said, ‘Is not the testimony of two women equal to the testimony of one man?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Is it not true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her religious commitment.’”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 304)

It was narrated that Jabir ibn ‘Abd-Allah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “I attended Eid prayers with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). He started with the prayer before the khutbah (sermon), with no adhan (call to prayer) or iqamah (final call to prayer). Then he stood up, leaning on Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him), speaking of fear of Allah (taqwa) and urging us to obey Him. He preached to the people and reminded them. Then he went over to the women and preached to them and reminded them. Then he said, ‘Give in charity, for you are the majority of the fuel of Hell. A woman with dark cheeks stood up in the midst of the women and said, ‘Why is that, O Messenger of Allah?’ He said, ‘Because you complain too much and are ungrateful to your husbands.’ Then they started to give their jewellery in charity, throwing their earrings and rings into Bilal’s cloak.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 885)

Our believing sisters who learn of this hadeeth should behave like those Sahabiyat (female Companions) who, when they learned of this, did good deeds which would be the means, by Allah’s leave, of keeping them far away from being included in that majority of the inhabitants of Hell.
So our advice to the sisters is to strive to adhere to the rituals and obligatory duties of Islam, especially prayer, and to keep away from that which Allah has forbidden, especially shirk in its many forms which is widespread among women, such as seeking one's needs from someone other than Allah, going to practitioners of witchcraft and fortune-tellers, etc.
We ask Allah to keep us and all our brothers and sisters far away from the Fire and the words and deeds that bring one close to it.

And Allah knows best.

from IslamQA
[Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid ]
secondly Women in Jannah don't exist just for Sex, any more than Women in this world exist for Sex,

your assertion is utterly illogical and absurd.

Hoor Al-Ayn won't be the only Women in Jannah,

read ...

Umme Salamah (Radiahallahu Anha) narrates that she said to the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) “O Rasûlullah, are the women of this world superior or the hûrs (of Paradise)?” He replied, “The women of this world will have superiority over the hûrs (houris) just as the outer lining of a garment has superiority over the inner lining.” Umme Salamah R.A then asked, “O Rasûlullah, what is the reason for this?” He answered, “Because they performed salâh, fasted, and worshipped [Allah]. Allah will put light on their faces and silk on their bodies. [The human women] will be fair in complexion and will wear green clothing and yellow jewelry. Their incense-burners will be made of pearls and their combs will be of gold. They will say, ‘We are the women who will stay forever and we will never die. We are the women who will always remain in comfort and we will never undergo difficulty. We are the women who will stay and we will never leave. Listen, we are happy women and we will never become sad. Glad tidings to those men for whom we are and who are for us.’”

[At-Tabrânî]

If you wish to learn about Islam thenI suggest you do not swallow the allegations of the enemies of Islam.

regards

zallzool
09-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Thank you for clarifying on that aspect of question four... it is clear that I have been reading potentially biased sources. Additionally, can you answer the questions above the part where I mention women in heaven in hell? Can you explain/clarify what seems to me to be blatant sexism present in the Quran?

Also any responses to questions 1, 2, or 3 that you could give would be appreciated as I feel they are the most important in me understanding the ideas that Islam teaches, and I'd rather hear about them from actual practicing Muslims than some random internet site.

"If you wish to learn about Islam thenI suggest you do not swallow the allegations of the enemies of Islam." That's why I'm posting here so that I can get answers from people who actually know the religion.

Thanks!

greenhill
09-22-2014, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zallzool
Also any responses to questions 1, 2, or 3 that you could give would be appreciated as I feel they are the most important in me understanding the ideas that Islam teaches
Not sure about being able to answer these questions..

I had similar thoughts on the matter a long time ago.. I think I responded to a thread "burn in hell" and it related the feelings I had on the matter especially as what you said about those who were not exposed to islam. Perhaps you should go through the thread and come back on the subject if it is not covered there...or even bump up the post again by posting it there itself.

On the question of 'free will' this is also covered in another thread I read, but I cannot remember which.

All I can relate on this matter will be the linked to the creation of Adam in surah 2 ayats 30-38 (I think) and ayat 35 says -

'And We said, "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."' 2:35

But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time." 2:36

Got to remember that Adam was told not to approach the tree. Who caused him to slip? Satan. Adam and Eve had a choice. Do they listen to Satan or keep to what they are told NOT to do? They made the choice.

I was introduced to Jeffrey Lang by another member here, a youtube video on "The purpose of Life" about an hour and a half long. It was a good explanation by him. Do look at it and let me know what you think.

Peace :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
09-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Greetings and peace be with you zallzool; and welcome to the forum,
If I was an all knowing all loving God, I wouldn't even think to create such a horrific place. Why not just let everyone who I have created and given the gift of thought to live in Heaven in peace.

I have a fundamental issue accepting a God who would send a serial murder rapist who repents on the last day of his or her life straight to heaven, while letting 80% of world's population who may be good, responsible people burn in hell forever.
Look at the law of some nations, if you murder, then you face the death sentence, if there is no God, that punishment is final. Murder is wrong, the death sentence is seen as a deterrent. In the same way, God holds the punishment of hell over each and everyone of us as a deterrent. But if I murder someone, God can raise that person up to eternal life, anything bad I do here on Earth, God can put right.

You are seventeen, I am a mere sixty five, and God has had an eternity to ponder on the questions of justice that you ask. If you were to look at the 99 names of Allah, you would see compassion, justice, mercy and forgiving, and yes there is the threat of hell.

If I should achieve salvation, it will not be because of what I have done, it will be because God is merciful, compassionate and forgiving

It is said that a theologian is someone who has knowledge of God, but it has also been said that theologians reveal more of their own nature, rather than the nature of God.

If God exists, he is the most important being in the universe, something leads us to search for God, and when we are ready to change and do something, Allah, God will lead us. I am a Catholic, and I am coming to believe that Allah also leads people to Islam, people here have a great faith in Allah, this cannot come about without guidance.

Faith in God is a lifetime journey, always one day at a time, we struggle almost daily with the questions of life.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric

Insaanah
09-22-2014, 08:06 PM
I have heard from people and read in the Quran that Islam teaches that before people are born, they are given the choice of being an angel or a person.
I have never heard of this, nor read it anywhere in the Qur'an. Are you sure you have this correct?

InToTheRain
09-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Just my understanding on your questions; by no means are they the best answers around :)

I have numbered them respective to yours but also added A, B, C and D to your first question as it's many questions in one.

A) I haven’t seen text regarding us been given choice between being an Angel and Person however there is text to say we accepted Allah Most High before being born:

Adam's Progeny Accept Allah
Allah the Almighty revealed:
"Remember when your Lord brought forth from the children of Adam, from their loins, their seed (or from Adam's loin his offspring) and made them testify as to themselves saying: 'Am I not your Lord?' They said: 'Yes! We testify' lest you should say on the Day of Resurrectio:. 'Verily we have been unaware of this'. Or lest you should say: 'It was only our father aforetime who took others as partners in worship along with Allah and we were merely their descendants after them; will you then destroy us because of the deeds of men who practiced al batil (polytheism) and
committing crimes and sins, invoking and worshipping others besides Allah?'
Thus do We explain the Ayah (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations etc) in detail so that they may turn unto the truth". (Ch 7:172-174 Quran).
Adam's progeny declared: "Our Lord, we bear witness that You are our Lord; we have no other Lord but Allah. Allah raised their father Adam, and he looked at them and saw those of them who were rich and those who were poor, and those who had good forms and those who did not. Adam
said: "O Allah! I wish You to make Your servants equal." Allah replied "I love being thanked." Adam saw among the prophets like lamps among his progeny.
It also should be noted that Allah Most High created said differences between Men above as “He liked being thanked”.

B) The Angels do not have any base desires which can lead them away from Allah Most High whereas Men fight their base desires for the Pleasure of Allah Most High. This is why Men can achieve ranks greater then Angels and also that lower then that of shaytan.

C) Regarding being born differently

Wouldn't the likelihood of a child born into a Muslim family in the Middle East staying Muslim and believing in Allah be higher than that of a child who was born in a small Catholic town in Sweden?
Being Born in a Muslim family doesn't necessarily mean one will not go to Hell nor does it mean they will follow guidance. I know of Muslims who do not adhere to any of its practices; these people are consequently more in danger of a severe punishment for their rejection. So being born with more can be a blessing if you use it wisely or a curse as you will be more accountable for your actions. Also there are reverts to Islam who excel far more than many Muslims born into it and even teach them. Dr Tim Winters in UK and Shaykh Hamzah Yusuf in America are a good examples.

Does being financially or physically or intellectually superior draw one closer to Allah Most High? No. For that would mean God is only accessible to certain individuals that meet that criteria. Rather there is something intrinsic in every Men that either guides us to Him or away from him; this being the Heart. Guidance to Allah Most High is a blessing and He only grants it to the ones who Yearn for Him.

This may help understand further:

The Theory of everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gjp3hCCTwc

"Allah says, 'I am as my servant expects Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers me. If he thinks of Me, I think of him. If he mentions Me in company, I mention him in an even better company. When he comes closer to Me by a handspan, I come closer to him an arm's length. If he draws closer to Me by an arm's length, I draw closer by a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him. If my servant comes to Me walking, I go to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

“In the body is a morsel of flesh which, if it be sound, all the body is sound and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. This part of the body is the heart.” Hadith

Those whose Hearts are turned away from God will not accept Him regardless of what proofs they see.

[Quran 7:146] I will divert from My revelations those who are arrogant on earth, without justification. Consequently, when they see every kind of proof they will not believe. And when they see the path of guidance they will not adopt it as their path, but when they see the path of straying they will adopt it as their path. This is the consequence of their rejecting our proofs, and being totally heedless thereof.

More on the Heart:
Sheikh Hamza Yusuf | Transcript > The Alchemy of Happiness

D) Regarding changing our views. You mention:

Culture experience and values taught by parents to children at an early age stick, this is why it is difficult to get people to convert. If I had been born into a strictly religious Christian family and taught to accept the Bible as fact, I am positive that I would be that way unless some major event happened to change my views.
Your saying here is true. But you should also realise that Major events change our views because it is when our very core or our Hearts are shaken. This brings about change because it makes us re-assess the reality we live in. So it can be a blessing in disguise.

2. Even Mohammad(SAW) said he will enter Jannah (Eternal Paradise) due to the Mercy of Allah Most High. So rejecting Him includes rejecting His Mercy and so we are weighed by our merits which justifies eternal hell. On the flip side what else can justify Eternal paradise apart from His Mercy?

3. Allah Most High is aware of that which will happen and that which did not happen but could have happened. So I don't see it as God putting us in situations that we would make wrong choices but rather we would've made the exact same choice under all situations so we only have ourselves to blame.

So why create us knowing full well we will always choose wrong? Why create Iblis knowing he will disobey and attempt to lead us astray? Why even create anything which questions His judgement and authority? To understand this we would have to know Allah Most High. And those who know Allah Most High are those that know how far beyond our comprehension He is.

So I stick to what I do know; that I do have the ability to choose, That He exists and That He is the source of all good I see and He only wants Good for me.

I also think this is the strongest argument Atheists pose against the existence of God however it’s an emotional argument. On what basis does God’s method for punishment or trials exclude Him from being existence?

4. I think it's more of a general statement that Regarding Woman. They number more than Man so there will be more in Heaven and Hell. Also regarding their deficiencies in intelligence refers to conditions they face that can cloud their memory and also their ability to pray. I have provided links below for your understanding.

About cot death - More than 200 babies die suddenly and unexpectedly in the UK every year. Cot death can happen to any baby, but it's more common in babies between two to four months, premature babies, and babies with a low birth weight. It's also more common in baby boys than girls.

Cot death and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) | Bupa UK

Forgetfulness
Forgetfulness during pregnancy | BabyCenter

Menstruation
Menstruation - Why Can't a Woman Pray or Fast? [6307] -Cleansing and Purification - Understanding Islam

Rights of Woman
http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/...ave_rights.php

Role of Muslim woman in society
http://www.angelfire.com/mo/MWSA/role_women.html

How Islam elevated the status of Woman
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/675/viewall/

Regards

greenhill
09-24-2014, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by InToTheRain
Being Born in a Muslim family doesn't necessarily mean one will go to Heaven nor does it mean they will follow guidance. I know of Muslims who do not adhere to any of its practices; these people are consequently more in danger of a severe punishment for their rejection. So being more with more can be a blessing if you use it wisely or a curse as you will be more accountable for your actions. Also there are reverts to Islam who excel far more than many Muslims born into it and even teach them. Dr Tim Winters in UK and Shaykh Hamzah Yusuf in America are a good examples.

Does being financially or physically or intellectually superior draw one closer to Allah Most High? No. For that would mean God is only accessible to certain individuals that meet that criteria. Rather there is something intrinsic in every Men that either guides us to Him or away from him; this being the Heart. Guidance to Allah Most High is a blessing and He only grants it to the ones who Yearn for Him.

Nice!

Was thinking of writing along similar lines but couldn't squeeze the juice out of my brain for that moment.. lo and behold, it is put in a better way than I could have expressed. :D

Peace :shade:

amrabdulrahman
09-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Dear
I'll try my best to answer your questions to satisfy u. Because we are human made of clay we have no power to understand HIM but only that HE told us by HIS books and messengers) but think about the world, universe, and his creations, think about sky and earth and things in between those, think about how things come to creation and how does finish. Does these everthing come to existence automaticlly? So this will guide us to know there is someone who create all these and running the system. There is no god but ALLAH and MUHAMMAD is HIS messenger. Now this is man's option that what he does. Quran says ALLAH made ADAM a.s and order angels and shatan to bend ADAM a.s but shatan refuse to obey ALLAH and rejected by ALLAH. Quran says ALLAH allow ADAM n EVE a.s to live in paradise (JANNAH) freely but don't come near to a forbidden tree. But they forgot and eat from forbidden tree. ALLAH said get down to earth and live there for a specific time. ALLAH said some of you will do sins with their will and obey and submit to shytan, i will send thim to hell and some of you suppress their will and submit to ALLAH and will do good deed, i well send them to JANNAH.
ALLAH send nearly 124000 messenger for the guidance of mankind. They all preached oneness of ALLAH. As well as evolution of man's mind came to compelation ALLAH sent HIS books to mankind by HIS messenger to guide them the way back to jannah (paradise) till the last book QURAN by MUHAMMAD s.a.w.w.
Now i come to answers.
All our life is an exam. We did not came here to enjoy, eating, merry making ( as all these thing animal also do the differance between animal and us is they will not be questioned by ALLAH and we will be questioned) We came here to prepare ourselves for the day of judgment. It is our duity (prefer bases) to find the truth. as messenger of ALLAH said every child born is a muslim it is his society and parents who changed him to chirstian and jew etc. your this question that some of us born in muslim and some in non muslim has no importence and the people who born in non muslim has no excuse. They should have to find truth. We all have trial. As a muslim or non muslim it is our duty to find the truth that which religion is pure, true and complete. Which religion shows us the way to jannah (paradise) and shows us to spend our lives in a best way in this world and good person in society.
There is no such thing mentioned in quran and in islam that we had choice to be a man or angel.
ALLAH loves us that's the reason HE send us HIS words in the form of quran and messengers to guide us. If HE does not send us then we had a justifaction that we had no guidence and there was no one who guides us. this shows us his mercy.
you ask why HE send them to hell? Because if sameone does not act upon HIS words quran and does not follow HIS messenger then HE has the authorty to send those who disobey HIM. HE made hell so we fear him. And made paradise (JANNAH) so we follow HIS messenger and obey him, submit to HIM.
For example if we do something wrong then our parents or teacher beat us so this does not mean that they does not love us ( we also does not question them because we know that we did wrong).
In islam every beliver will go to JANNAH who belive in oneness of ALLAH and follow HIS last messenger MUHAMMAD s.a.w.w
some of muslim also will go to JAHNNUM (HELL) if they have done wrong for specific time acording to their sins (but if ALLAH will want they will go to JANNAH without spending time in JAHNNUM ).
ALLAH says in quran that HE will forgive every sin (if HE like) but not SHIRK ( mean acting or thinking of something or someone equil to HIM) and KUFR (rejacting HIS existence). there are 99 names of ALLAH if there are some shows HIS dominant and also some shows HIS mercy. As ALLAH says HIS mercy obsessed to everything. ALLAH's mercy is also obsessed HIS dominant. Imaan (faith) is placeing our thoughts between hope of forgiveness and fear of our sins.
If judaisam says there is no hell so do u think that there will be no hell? dear there is JANNAH and JAHNNUM hell. If they reject the existence of hell then that 's not the meaning that there is no hell.
ALLAH has the knowledge of past prasent and future. HE knows everthing what we did, what we are doning and what will we do. HE knows who will go to JANNAH and who will go to JAHNNUM. but this does not means that we stop doing good deeds and start doing sins. We have a little knowledge. Some things HE did not tell us. If HE tells us our destiny (who will go to JANNAH and who will go to JAHNNUM) then who will do good deeds. Messenger of ALLAH s.a.w.w said a man does sins in his all life but in his last time he does something good that ALLAH likes, ALLAH send him to JANNAH. and a man does good in his all life but at the last time he does something wrong that ALLAH dislike and send him to JAHNNUM. also messenger forbid us to discuse destiny and fate. Because we have a little knowledge.
The answer of your 4th question you have read saif-uddin.
Sorry for broken english.

saif-uddin
10-12-2014, 03:31 AM
Thank you for clarifying on that aspect of question four... it is clear that I have been reading potentially biased sources. Additionally, can you answer the questions above the part where I mention women in heaven in hell? Can you explain/clarify what seems to me to be blatant sexism present in the Quran?

Also any responses to questions 1, 2, or 3 that you could give would be appreciated as I feel they are the most important in me understanding the ideas that Islam teaches, and I'd rather hear about them from actual practicing Muslims than some random internet site.

"If you wish to learn about Islam thenI suggest you do not swallow the allegations of the enemies of Islam." That's why I'm posting here so that I can get answers from people who actually know the religion.

Thanks!
My aplologies then, you sounded like you just wanted to hurl insults at Muslims and Islam.

May Allah ta'ala guide you to Islam,

ameen

saif-uddin
10-12-2014, 03:36 AM

Thanks!
If your referring to the Fact that More Women will be in Hell than men, this has nothing to do with Sexism.

Short answer, the Reason is given here ...

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.” They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).” It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allah?” He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1052)

regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!