PDA

View Full Version : Homework help for the Atheists



h-n
09-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Homework help for the Atheists. :D

Many times, I have heard atheists say, which religion is the right one as they all claim to be the correct one. They quote Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, Buddhism.

Its rather strange that people who say they have read on religion still cannot use reasoning (as they claim they do).

Starting with what Judaism, Christianity and Islam says (and all agree with) prior to the arrival of the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him

That God told us about 4 points;-

1. That there is one God,
2. There is a Day of Judgement,
3. There is a Paradise
4. There is a Hell.

We are the first and only acceptable religion as we follow the first Man -Prophet Adam peace be upon him (who besides worshipping God had started the world's oldest profession which was FARMING, and not prostitution as some people say).

We are in agreement that the Prophets ie. David, Solomon, Moses, Adam, Job, Lut peace be upon them all asked their people to worship the one God, believe in the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell.

God did not create a new, different religion everytime he sent a Prophet;-

Prophet Moses peace be upon him did not create a different religion from Prophet Adam peace be upon him

Neither did King David peace be upon him did not create a different religion from the Prophet Noah peace be upon him.

God has mentioned some various Prophets, as they all belong to him, and not to anyone.

So why is Islam on the right path and not Judaism and Christianity? As for

Christianity;-

-they say that God has taken himself a son, and that he is one of three (trinity)

-they look towards Prophet Jesus peace be upon him as their savior (when he is not all hearing or all seeing

With Judaism;-


-they no longer accept the belief in Hell

-they say that Satan is actually working for God to test them (and that he is not evil),

-they blame Prophet Aaron peace be upon him for worshipping the calf whilst Prophet Moses peace be upon him was up the mountain

- to go into turning things into race is not what God taught, as the message that the Prophets gave was for everyone and not just for a group of people, never did King David peace be upon him say his message is only for such and such a people and neither did he ever say the message is for all but others will be treated differently according to relations.

In the above, they do agree that jews in the past believed in the existence of Hell and the devils but the jews of today say the jews in the past got this belief from the others maybe pagans.


Idol worshippers

To go over the why Hinduism, Buddhism and Christianity of today are wrong is that they don't believe in the one God, so they are incorrect. For the belief in the one God includes;-

- that God does not have any parents or children

- he does not share being King with anyone

- if there was another God, then that God would not be able to keep their thoughts hidden from Allah, he would not be able to keep his actions hidden from Allah, as Allah All-Mighty is All-Seeing and All-Hearing.

- Prophet Jesus peace be upon him's Mother, Mary was not married that is why the people thought that she had committed an evil act that she might have had sex outside of marriage when she brought her baby back (who was not born in a stable but out in the wild), and that is why Prophet Jesus peace be upon him as a baby spoke to the people to correct them.

- the Buddhism say they will be reincarnated so they will have so many mothers and fathers, maybe they will be swines, dogs. They don't treat mankind as respected creations and how does that work when respecting your parents? To say that your mother might of been such and such in a previous life and that she might have had lots of relationships?

In Islam, Allah took from the earth substances to create Mankind, this is where scientists get confused and think we are related but we are not, and of course God allows us to have food and drink that is compatible with our bodies.

To say that cells just arranged themselves, telling each other what to do ie you be the heart, you be the brain, you have the male or female sexual organs is just wrong.

- Allah is not a stage builder on the Day of Judgement (and according to Christians, Prophet Jesus peace be upon him judging people), but judging everyone personally himself.

Also all the angels bow down to the one God, the Creator of the Universe, the Lord of the Worlds-the angels do not bow down to Prophet Jesus peace be upon him.

- he has created this Universe, where Buddhism is in doubt on how this Universe came into being.

- Hinduism like to say that they do believe in one God, and all the other Gods are manifestations of him, but that is an evil and awful thing to say, as the stories of their idols having sex, betraying, fighting one another giving birth is awful, and to say that this has something to do with God All Mighty, when he is far removed from such a thing.

- we also have a perfect example of Archangel Gabriel worshipping God, all the idol worshippers don't have anything in comparison, nothing in awe, and nothing so beautiful and nothing so much more loved then Archangel Gabriel worshipping God All-Mighty.


Remember Allah, God of Archangel Gabriel and the Day of Judgement much.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
09-25-2014, 10:27 PM
1. You start with the premise that there is One God, because your favoured religion (along with two others) says so, and then later dismiss Hinduism, Budhism, Sikhism, etc because they don't hold that premise. This is no different than saying Islam's God is the real god because you believe it to be true. You could have saved a lot of text.

2. You also dismiss both Budhism and Hinduism because you find implications of them distasteful. But you have not given any reason to believe that something being distasteful to you means it can not be true.

3. Atheists by definition don't believe in any Gods, so the question "Which god is the real god" may seem especially odd coming from atheists. Usually it is asked in response to Pascal's Wager, which is often put to atheists, which claims it is safer to believe in God than not, because God will punish you if he does exist and you don't believe in him, but nothing will happen if you believe in God and he doesn't exist. Pascal's wager assumes that only one God could exist, and in response many point out that there could be any number of possible Gods, and that in most religions the Gods depicted are very unhappy with those who worship false Gods. Hence the question "Which God?"
Reply

h-n
09-25-2014, 11:09 PM
You first say that I believe in one God as this is my favoured religion -but then agree in brackets that two other religions agreed to this (Christianity before the arrival of the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him).

I didn't really touch on Sikhism, but they do say there is a one God, but not a Day of Judgement. So we disagree with them.

It is the only religion from the first Man -where Buddhism doesn't know who the first Man was.

2. It is not just the implications that is the most distasteful of Buddhism and Hinduism it is because idol worship, and to say that there is no God is abhorrent.

With atheists for example it is no different in living in a swamp with them, and they are telling you that there is no farm, no countryside, nothing out there to go to. So some people may sit there in that swamp and live with them, and not go to Paradise. Even though you cannot tell anyone how this world came into being.

Atheists make a big deal of this world, when there is;-

litter,
dog pooh on the streets,
people stealing,
not treating their relatives in kindness,
people with disabilities, children who have died young

This life of this world is a very rubbish one compared to the next, and if you thought that this was your only life, then surely you would have made it better.


3. There have been many -and I mean many atheists who have asked the question how does anyone know which is the right one, as all religions claim to be the right one. If you say this isn't true, then you need to get out more.
Reply

Karl
09-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
1. You start with the premise that there is One God, because your favoured religion (along with two others) says so, and then later dismiss Hinduism, Budhism, Sikhism, etc because they don't hold that premise. This is no different than saying Islam's God is the real god because you believe it to be true. You could have saved a lot of text.

2. You also dismiss both Budhism and Hinduism because you find implications of them distasteful. But you have not given any reason to believe that something being distasteful to you means it can not be true.

3. Atheists by definition don't believe in any Gods, so the question "Which god is the real god" may seem especially odd coming from atheists. Usually it is asked in response to Pascal's Wager, which is often put to atheists, which claims it is safer to believe in God than not, because God will punish you if he does exist and you don't believe in him, but nothing will happen if you believe in God and he doesn't exist. Pascal's wager assumes that only one God could exist, and in response many point out that there could be any number of possible Gods, and that in most religions the Gods depicted are very unhappy with those who worship false Gods. Hence the question "Which God?"
You have a point there but monotheism is for unity. Allah means "The God" meaning the mightiest God. Otherwise the word Ilah would be used if there were no other Gods. Some Hindus use the word Allah too. Some even interpret Brahma as Allah. So the crux of monotheism is to worship the mightiest God and don't waste your time with all the underlings.
This is just my opinion of course.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Pygoscelis
09-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by h-n
I didn't really touch on Sikhism, but they do say there is a one God, but not a Day of Judgement. So we disagree with them.
I understand and respect your opinion, and of course you disagree with other religions. If you didn't, you wouldn't be Muslim. But in your original post you appeared to be arguing that your religion must be true and the others false, and you seemed to be giving arguments for that, but your arguments were just your statements of what you believe and that other religions disagree, so they must be wrong. So as I said, you may as well just have said its true because you say so. This is not an appeal to logic or reason. This is an appeal to faith.

It is not just the implications that is the most distasteful of Buddhism and Hinduism it is because idol worship, and to say that there is no God is abhorrent.
Something being abhorrent to you does not make it false. Something being appealing to you does not make it true.

There have been many -and I mean many atheists who have asked the question how does anyone know which is the right one, as all religions claim to be the right one. If you say this isn't true, then you need to get out more.
Why would you suggest I would say they don't ask it? I just explained to you why they ask it. I have asked it myself on occasion. Do you understand my explanation of why it gets asked by atheists?
Reply

h-n
09-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Pygoscelis,

Islam is true as the Creator of the Universe has given us the message, we have factual moments in history ie.

1. Prophet Moses peace be upon him's staff turned into a snake,
2. Prophet Moses peace be upon him parting the sea,
3. The flood at the time of Prophet Noah peace be upon him,
4. Prophet Jesus peace be upon him creating a bird out of clay, and by Allah's permission becoming alive,
5. Prophet Jesus peace be upon him having food, a table spread from Heaven,
6. The angels coming as guests to Prophet Lut peace be upon him and the homosexuals being destroyed.

If anyone disagrees with the above historical accounts, then how can they say that there's are true, when they couldn't even find more sources of the time of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (even though he was in contact with other kingdoms), and when Islam spreadth?? Why would anyone miss out writing much on the spreadth of Islam? If they historical records are so true, then you wouldn't have. Most people are just using the Islamic sources.

You again typically go around with no sense, and without intelligence, all your doing is saying any jargon even if its from a group that you don't believe in to say that Islam is wrong-please answer from what you believe instead, we say its right as God has given us that message, and absolutely it makes sense that there is one God, as having Gods that fight with one another, having sex, children arguing fighting is ridiculous.

Also here are some of your posts (instead of hearing the same jargon, thought you might just get to the point;-

Ask an Atheist anything thread post number 31




3. Atheists can be complete materialists, or they can be very spiritual, believe in reincarnation and spirits, etc.




Yes Atheists exist Post 1




I don't believe in supernatural beings. I don't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in faeries. I don't believe in Gods. I don't see any of the three as any more likely to be real than any other of the three. I don't say that to anger anybody. It is the truth. I don't hate God anymore than I hate ghosts. Hating something that you don't believe in makes no sense.






Personally, since I was asked, no, I am not such an atheist that is disgusted by people worshiping pretend Gods. I see some therepeutic use to it and I see how it has comforted and given some extra sense of purpose and belonging to people I love. I would never want to take somebody's religion away from them if it offers them this and if they don't
go crazy with it and don't harm anybody with it.


Post 12




It isn't the same thing. I do not know with 100% certainty that there are no supernatural beings. I do, however, not believe that there are. Just like I do not know for certain that I am not on TV right now, but I do not believe that I am. I do find me being on TV far more likely though, so maybe that's not a good analogy.


post 23


I see both the good and the bad in religion. Since you asked, the bad I see is mostly about the authoritarianism and tribalism that a lot of religions foster. I get concerned when I see people mistaking obedience for morality and I get concerned when I see people loving the in group by hating the out group. I see this outside of religions, yes, of course, but I see it in religion more than anywhere else.


p41


Theism and atheism are a major divide, like having hair or not having hair is. Then on top of that, for those who have hair, you have hairstyles. There are some very big differences between religions, but they all have that one thing in common that I lack, a belief in the supernatural. Unless of course we are talking about eastern philosophies that I really wouldn't call religion.


p42
Old people are more conservative in general, more set in their ways, less adaptive to change, to challenging the norm, to challenging tradition, and to seeing things a new way or with their own fresh eyes. When new scientific breakthroughs happen you often have older scientists hanging on to the old theory until they die too. They have invested too much time and energy into their beliefs to change them. The major shifts usually only happen once the new generation comes through. If that happens with science, where the whole point of the enterprise is to challenge what we thought we knew, it will be even stronger in religion.


Your just throwing anything at Islam to try and have a valid point, when you don't have any.

Please answer;-

You say that you eastern beliefs make more sense-like reincarnation, so your saying it makes sense to come out of another women, or another female creature and have lots of mothers giving birth to you???

Obedience for morality???
Please tell me which law in Islam that we are mistaking obedience for morality, in someone's other post they say that you are not married and have a "girlfriend" please explain why you are not married.

Challenge what we thought we knew???
Please explain what do think you are going to learn and find out??? Then you say we will be stronger in religion -in what way?? What is the goal then on how to be?? From these posts your basically saying that we are not living better then we can, then how is it that we are not living better????

Also another point I would like to go over is why bother being on this forum at all?? If you say that you are not changing from being an atheist, what do you plan on doing, spending the rest of your life talking about religion?? Even if your in your 60s????

Reply

h-n
09-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Karl
You have a point there but monotheism is for unity. Allah means "The God" meaning the mightiest God. Otherwise the word Ilah would be used if there were no other Gods. Some Hindus use the word Allah too. Some even interpret Brahma as Allah. So the crux of monotheism is to worship the mightiest God and don't waste your time with all the underlings.
This is just my opinion of course.

???

Allah is the All-Mighty, his names are not used to say he is the mightest, wisest, compassionate God of all-as there is no other God, that is why we say, there is no God but Allah.

There are no mini, or other beings, God is the Creator, in charge of the Universe, and there is no one like him and never will be. As we worship God, we don't worship what he creates-ie the trees, the sun, other people, and neither do we worship what people create from their own hands ie the statues, and idols in other forms such as pictures.

Islam where God is one as Allah stated in the Quran and here is a reminder;-

Surah Ikhlas;-

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Say: He is Allah, the One!
Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
He begetteth not nor was begotten.
And there is none comparable unto Him.
Reply

Pygoscelis
09-26-2014, 05:45 PM
H-N,

You didn't answer if you understand why atheists ask the question you remarked on in your original post. Do you? I am still straining to see any "help with homework" you have given to atheists in that post, other than you sharing your own religious views, that you already know we don't agree on.

You have stated your beliefs and that is fine. Stating them doesn't make them true, and many other intelligent and well meaning people disagree with you. Other religions and cultures have other beliefs that you wouldn't accept. That is also fine. It doesn't mean you are "going around with no sense and without intelligence and saying jargon" etc when you state your view because it disagrees with theirs. That would be plain arrogance.

Your just throwing anything at Islam to try and have a valid point, when you don't have any.
What you quoted of my posts hardly even addresses Islam, and yet you see it as me throwing things at Islam? Most of what you quoted of me explicitly identifies itself as my opinions and views, and most which were stated in direct response to people asking questions or people making false claims about atheists. I am a minority on this board, so my views are asked about sometimes and misrepresented other times. It isn't wrong for me to respond.

You flatly state I made no points, but you don't address much of what I actually wrote in any of the quotes, which again leads me to wonder if you understand what I was saying in them, or if you have any intention of doing so. You don't seem to want to acknowledge my explanation given in response to your OP to this thread, so I have to wonder what your intentions are. Are you for honest discussion, or just here to lash out at atheists for some reason? The latter would be an odd thing to do on a Muslim board specifically designated not for that purpose (there is a comparative religion section of the board).

You say that you eastern beliefs make more sense-like reincarnation, so your saying it makes sense to come out of another women, or another female creature and have lots of mothers giving birth to you???
Where did I say that I find reincarnation sensible? You have completely disregarding the main point in the paragraph you quoted, and latched onto me saying that I wouldn't really consider some eastern philosophies to be religions. Or did you get this from me saying that atheists are able to believe in reincarnation because atheism only means a lack of belief in gods. I didn't say I believe in reincarnation or find it sensible. Either way, you missed the point.

Obedience for morality??? Please tell me which law in Islam that we are mistaking obedience for morality, in someone's other post they say that you are not married and have a "girlfriend" please explain why you are not married.
Why did you put this in the same sentence? What does me seeing people putting obedience over morality have to do with me being married or not?

I am not married because I have not yet decided to do so. That is my personal choice, and frankly not your business.

That quote doesn't say a law in Islam mistakes obedience for morality. It says I see a lot of religious people doing so. I didn't even say Islam in particular. When I wrote it I was probably thinking about Christianity. But since you push the point, yes, I do think many Muslims are also prone to this. Islam is about surrendering your will to that of Allah (the ultimate authority figure), is it not? Devine command theory is amoral in my view. And seeing people equate obedience and morality troubles me. But that is a whole other discussion, and we can have it if you want, but it can't be squeezed into half a sentence. And this isn't the section of the forum for it.

Please explain what do think you are going to learn and find out??? Then you say we will be stronger in religion -in what way??
When we challenge our own views, we tend to improve them. That doesn't just go for religion. That goes for everything. If Islam is truth, then questioning should only lead you to better reasoning for it.

Also another point I would like to go over is why bother being on this forum at all?? If you say that you are not changing from being an atheist, what do you plan on doing, spending the rest of your life talking about religion?? Even if your in your 60s????
I have said many times why I first came to this forum. I am surprised you didn't find that when you went through quotes of mine. I came here to speak to some Muslims to try to dispel some claims being made by islamophobic people after 9/11. I have made some friends here and had some interesting discussions, so I stuck around. I am not as frequent here as I used to be, but I still check in from time to time.

Will I be talking about religion when I'm 60? Probably. I find it fascinating. I expect that you would too in my shoes, if you have any interest in sociology or psychology. I would be happy to speak with you about it further, but I'm not sure we should, as the board moderators don't seem to want it here and have closed the comparative religion section of the forum. Feel free to private message me if you have questions you really want answered from an atheist's perspective.
Reply

h-n
09-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Pygoscelis


Of course I know why atheists ask which religion is the right one-because they DON'T do their homework! That is where they don't know the basic differences of religion, why Islam differs to Christianity and Judaism and others.


You always saying other people, other groups what about YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS!! This is where you are just chucking anything, and using falsehood, evil idol worship etc, isn't going to blot out the truth of the one God.


Your actually backtracking with reincarnation and atheists can happily accept this, this is where if you shouldn't be stating the views of other groups and chucking any information, belief of others round to try and demonstrate that we are wrong, if you don't believe in something THEN DON'T USE IT. Any person with sense, would use what they believe in, and give clear reasons with why they don't believe in others.


Married in showing loyalty with one person, so I take it that you haven't made any vow to stay with your "girlfriend" (which is rather silly using girl/boy as people have grown up), so what does that say about you on morality?? Its not OK to say that person isn't good enough for me to make a vow that that I will stay with such and such for the rest of my life. Also lets not forget this, your willing to use other examples of what other people, other religious groups do (that you don't believe in) but not your own. It is a valid point, as why would anyone take someone seriously, if they aren't willing to show loyalty to someone they live with??


Allah is in charge of the Universe, and we love him, he has created us, and provided us with so much. You are also commanded to look after your parents-your Mother gave birth to you-so you don't have a choice for the rest of your living
days in this world you HAVE look after your parents-now are you saying that there is something wrong with this???

In Islam accepting the one God, helps people to be moral-where they don't have sex with anyone and show no loyalty etc.


You say "if Islam is truth, then questioning should only lead you to bettter reasoning for it." Where again your telling people to think but not to what answer. You don't even answer the valid points, we have the truth, which is reason, commonsense, ie that God created the us. Your not answering what
your driving at?? For example;-


1. You've mention a number of times that people need to think -well what is that they need to think about? What "thing do they need to think about that is satisfactory that people would say that they have learnt enough?? That Atheists wouldn't be asking them to think for themselves???


2. What do people need to do that they aren't already doing?? What action is it that people can say they have accomplished in life?? That Atheists wouldn't be accusing them of not doing what they can do in life??


3. You talk about people improving upon themselves-but what to?? What is the ulitimate goal?? That Atheists wouldn't be asking such and such to improve themselves anymore. that if they achieved it.


4. You talk about people learning-but learning what??? What is that they should learn about??? That Atheists wouldn't be saying that they haven't learnt enough.


5. You talk about science-but what should people doing in science?? Is it just acceptable to die, before having learnt all that is in the bottom of the oceans, reaching to other solar systems??

As above to what end?????? Your just basically saying that you don't agree with such and such, using other groups, using anybody and anything-then talk from your perspective on what it means to you. You say its not about being close to God, then what is your goal in life??? What do you hope to accomplish?? What do you think is the highest thing you can obtain?? What do you have to offer people, that God hasn't?


We have the Prophets Jesus, Moses, Noah, Muhammad, Lut, Job, David, Solomon, Adam peace be upon them etc teaching us, and and we have accepted the truth, and we have clear goals and what we are happy with in the existence in this world. You are a person with out sense and intelligence as you have spent most time on this board, going on about how people do things, thinking to teach people to "think"-but not talking about what it should be that's satisfactory to atheists, we have atheists saying that this world would be better without religion-well they have already showed us what they world would be like without it, and it's awful, what with acceptance of homosexuality, sex outside of marriage, getting people to work longer hours at work, businesses just saying that they have failed this year because they didn't make more profit then they done the last year (not because they haven't
made any profit, they say they have to get more and more profit year, after year-NEVER saying that profit is satisfactory and that is good enough for them, just driving people on and on to work harder when they only here for a short amount of time.


As a Muslim, we don't need non-Muslims to speak for us, also about psychology, I agree with people learning about themselves, but in Islam we don't carry on saying that people can take months, years to recover from problems-there psychologists are wasting the time of people as they don't know when they are going to die. We encourage and ask people not to define their existence by bad issues, problems, as of course if there is an earthquake, it wouldn't even wish to think of it. Rest assured I would never be private messaging you, neither do I need a better grasp on atheism then I already have, that they live a lie when saying God does not exist. :D Still if someone was silly enough to private message you, they would only get replies on such and such a group states this, what others do etc. Be told that they need to think for themselves (as if they don't already), maybe you'll start telling them why some people don't like Marmite.

:popcorn:
Reply

ardianto
09-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by h-n
Homework help for the Atheists. :D

Many times, I have heard atheists say, which religion is the right one as they all claim to be the correct one. They quote Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, Buddhism.
Atheists never say or ask like that, but they ask "Why religious people always claim only their own religion which is right, while other religions are wrong".
Reply

h-n
09-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by ardianto
Atheists never say or ask like that, but they ask "Why religious people always claim only their own religion which is right, while other religions are wrong".
They ask in many different ways, but all basically the same point, which religion can be the right one as they all claim to be right, so why should we be religious.

Also if you have something to say in the way of Islam that is beneficial then say it. Just shows the state of the Muslim Ummah, when a Muslim goes against those who say there is no one God, accept idol worshippers, homosexuality etc instead of saying things beneficial of Islam, other Muslims say things in support of evil doers, to say things that allows the evil doers to think they can carry on sprouting their nonsense to the Muslims.

I take my leave of such Muslims, and refuse to even pray for them, and I never will, and may Allah save me from them.

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds.
Reply

Pygoscelis
09-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by h-n
Of course I know why atheists ask which religion is the right one-because they DON'T do their homework! That is where they don't know the basic differences of religion, why Islam differs to Christianity and Judaism and others.
Actually, many surveys have found that the non-religious (atheists, agnostics, etc) on average know more about the religions of the world and that their knowledge is more diverse than is that of the average religious person, while the average religious person of course knows more about their own religion. A lot of religious people I have met actually refuse to look into other (competing) religions. That may not be you, but that is the average. So it isn't atheists that "Don't do homework". Moreover, atheists don't consider it "homework", nor should we. When you don't believe in Gods, there is really no impetus to learn about them other than intellectual curiosity about sociology and psychology - and to try to understand why society shuns you for not believing what others do.

You always saying other people, other groups what about YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS!! This is where you are just chucking anything, and using falsehood, evil idol worship etc, isn't going to blot out the truth of the one God.
Why do you think I am trying to "blot out the truth of the one God?" I didn't start this thread. You did. You clearly feel threatened by atheists and non-Islamic religions. Why is that? Why start a thread about "atheists needing to do homework" and attack other religions in it? Why lace it with your hostile tone? And why do that in the General section of the forum after the comparative religion section has been locked? You are clearly doing this against the intention of the mods and you know that. You are the one being aggressive, not I. I merely responded and tried to be informative in the face of your list of mis-statements and strawman attacks. I don't come to this forum to attack Islam, or any other religion. You need to look in a mirror.

Your actually backtracking with reincarnation and atheists can happily accept this, this is where if you shouldn't be stating the views of other groups and chucking any information, belief of others round to try and demonstrate that we are wrong, if you don't believe in something THEN DON'T USE IT. Any person with sense, would use what they believe in, and give clear reasons with why they don't believe in others.
What I believe is irrelevant to the points I made (most of which you still don't seem to understand). Atheists don't have a unified system of beliefs. All that defines us is a lack of belief in Gods. That may lead us to some fairly common conclusions, but it is important to keep in mind that not all of us will reach those same conclusions, because they are not part of atheism.

Allah is in charge of the Universe, and we love him, he has created us, and provided us with so much. You are also commanded to look after your parents-your Mother gave birth to you-so you don't have a choice for the rest of your living
days in this world you HAVE look after your parents-now are you saying that there is something wrong with this???
No. I have no problem with this. You are welcome to believe in whatever God you want, however many you want, or none if you want. You are the one with a problem with what others believe. And you are the one saying there is something wrong with how peaceful and well meaning people live their lives. You may also be surprised to learn that those you would shun (the atheists, the hindus, the lifelong bachelors, the homosexuals, the couples who are not married) love their parents just as much as you love yours.

You say "if Islam is truth, then questioning should only lead you to better reasoning for it." Where again your telling people to think but not to what answer.
Nor should I. People should think for themselves. I can give my opinion, but ultimately people should figure it out for themselves, and ask themselves questions and think through them. If somebody simply took what I said as fact and didn't form their own viewpoint, that would bother me, not comfort me. Questioning is good. It leads people to better answers. And if God is real, then it should lead them to God, with good actual foundation for that belief.

You say its not about being close to God, then what is your goal in life??? What do you hope to accomplish?? What do you think is the highest thing you can obtain?? What do you have to offer people, that God hasn't?
Mostly to leave the world better than how I found it. I enjoy helping people, improving the environment around me, encouraging free and independent thought, etc. What can I offer people that God hasn't? Since I don't believe there is a God, then everything I can offer is something God hasn't.

We have the Prophets Jesus, Moses, Noah, Muhammad, Lut, Job, David, Solomon, Adam peace be upon them etc teaching us, and and we have accepted the truth, and we have clear goals and what we are happy with in the existence in this world.
You have stories and a list of demands of how you should live your life. So does every other religion. If they make you feel good and comfort you, give you focus and a sense purpose, etc that is great. But religion is not needed for any of that for some other people, and we don't need religion to live our lives ethically and with empathy towards others.

You are a person with out sense and intelligence
And yet I haven't yet called you senseless and stupid. Imagine that.

as you have spent most time on this board, going on about how people do things
It is a muslim forum. The focus in on Islam and muslims and that culture and practice. You seem to want me to talk about my own viewpoints, but if I did, I think you know it wouldn't be welcome here. I do occasionally talk about atheism, when others speak ignorantly about it, and I speak about other religions when it makes sense to do so to make a point (all of which you ignored).

, thinking to teach people to "think"
I have said I would like to see people thinking for themselves.

Rest assured I would never be private messaging you
Of course you wouldn't. Because you have no interest in understanding atheists. You are clearly here to attack and malign, and you can't do that if you don't post in public for your fellow muslims to see and cheer you on.

And now that you've made that even more clear, I would suggest mods lock the thread and move it to the comparative religion section.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!