/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The build up to solat...

greenhill
09-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Salaams,

Just got sent this in one of my sharing media network ... This is a translation of something I received… I thought I’d share. Excuse the inaccurate translations (especially the Arabic text).

An inspirational post.

Here goes.

“I still have many flaws so before the prayer times arrive, I take some time between 1-15 minutes where I refrain from doing any activity whatsoever.

I only communicate with Allah. Not to seek anything but to talk. I like to talk to Allah, about work, about life, regarding family or anything at all.

And as the I enter the prayer time, I go to take my wudu’ I am AWARE that I am on my way to meet Him formally.

I want to praise Him.
I want to seek from Him
And I want to thank Him

Throughout taking wudu’ I am AWARE that Whom I am meeting is Allah. I make sure the wudu’ is fit. I ask that I be protected from evil.

And as I walk to perform solat, I remind myself to prepare to meet Allah.

As I lay down my sajadah I remain aware that I am about to meet Allah.

As I stand to Takbir, I istighfar. I seek forgiveness from Allah from the very beginning so that my prayers may come from a ‘clean’ soul. And I repeat my istighfar, again and again.

Then I undertake my Takbir and I am conscious of Him. I am calling Allah The Greatest!

I don’t ‘read’ the iftitah. But I praise Allah in iftitah. My mouth saying in Arabic but my heart knows….

“Ya Allah, You are the Greatest as Great as it can be, All Praise and more is for You. So Glorious is Allah .. morning and evening

Ya Allah, I put myself before you, the Creator of the heavens and the earth with total submission. Ya Allah, I am not of the musyikin.

Ya Allah, sincerely, Ya Allah, my prayers, Ya Allah, my deeds, Ya Allah, my life, Ya Allah, my death, Ya Allah, is all for You, Ya Allah.

Ya Allah, there is no equal to You, Ya Allah, and I am commanded not to worship other than You, Ya Allah, and I am one of the submitters.

I then continue to praise Him in the al Fatihah. Another gift of script from the All Mighty for us to communicate with Him, and it goes…

In Your Name Yaa Allah, I take refuge from Syaitaan the accursed.

In the name of Allah the Most Beneficent and the Most Merciful

Ya Allah, All praise unto You, Who takes care of the universe, ya Allah, You are the Most Beneficent and the most Merciful, ya Allah! And You are the Master of the Day of Reckoning, ya Allah.

Ya Allah, to You we worship….and to You we seek help. (it is at this point that I feel most fragile/humble////)

Show us the straight path, ya Allah, the path You bless and not the one you cursed or that is lost. Ya Allah..

(Allahu Akbar, so great is the solat and this is only just up to al Fatihah )

Then I read the next simple verse that I can understand..

Slight pause before I rukuk. (To’maninah) Remind myself that the rukuk is to pay respect and to praise Allah.

Then I rukuk. Slight pause. It is the rukuk, not the utterance. Pause to give thanks to Allah, the feeling of thankfulness that comes from the heart. Not just movements of the tongue for its own sake..

Ya Allah, so Glorious You are, the Most Supreme!

Pause…. and feel the physical benefit of having my head at the same level as my heart.. and repeat again until 3

Slowly straighten up with due respect and be aware that I am IN a MEETING with Allah swt.

Iktidal …… pause a while …

Allah hears those who praise Him

(If ALL praise is due to Allah, is praise ours? Why do we feel disheartened when people do not praise us?.... Astagfirullah)

Sujud …. Pause in silence for a while…. I am prostrating before my Lord… I am nothing! All praise is for Him… know it … then praise Him

Ya Allah, so Glorious You are and Most High!

Pause again before repeating again the second time…and third so that it truly comes from the heart.

I slowly sit up and in the humblest mode and hope, I dua slowly, one by one, requesting each with understanding, please, I need His mercy..

Ya Allah have mercy on me ya Allah
Ya Allah, care for me ya Allah
Ya Allah, complete me, ya Allah
Ya Allah, raise my status (not wordly status)
Ya Allah, grant me honest living, ya Allah
Ya Allah, give me guidance, ya Allah
Ya Allah, give me health, ya Allah
Ya Allah, forgive me

(transplated from Dr Fuad Latip writings in Malay 5.9.2014)

He goes on to say that he used to wonder how people could 'khusyu' in solat... and ays that with every solat now, the feeling becomes more and more pleasurable and intense.

Hope we can all benefit from this.

P.S. Notice how we praise Allah and keep on praising Him until we ask for those 8 things and then sujud with praise again? How fantastically orchestrated is that?

:Mosque:
peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!