/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have been studying Islam for three and a half years,but, have never taken shahadah.

sulaiman_1
10-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Hello,

My name is Grayson Moore and I have been studying Islam for three and a half years yet I've never taken my shahadah. I do believe in God and have read the Qur'an a great deal. I've even studied arabic. But yet, I find myself unable to commit myself. Is this Allah(swt) or is this myself. Please help me and guide me to what I am seeking. I am seeking peace and total submission to God,but I am indecisive.

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
10-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Hello

Welcome here.

are u convinced that Islam is the Truth ? Then u must utter your Shahada asap . We don't know how long we will be in this world.

Feel free to ask about Islam . May Allah guide you

greenhill
10-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum.

If is a huge step to take. Not an easy one. My opinion is that it is Syaitan that is causing you to pause.

So what have you found in your studies that helps and what have you discovered that is causing you to wait?

Wishing you a great stay here.

Peace :shade:

sulaiman_1
10-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Thank you to both of you! I do believe that Islam is the truth and that Allah(swt) is the only true God. I've made my desicion and am going to take my shahadah on Jummah. Peace to both of you, thank you for giving me the push in the right direction.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sulaiman_1
10-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Also, I live in a drug and alchohol infested house with parents that claim to be Christians. I have nothing against Christians and love and respect both of my parents very much. I know that they may not accept what I choose to follow,but, I feel this beautiful feeling when I think about Allah(swt) and about all that He does for us and has done for me. I guess what was holding me back was fear of being persecuted by my family. But, I did a little studying last night and have discovered that that is actually a form of shirk. That is why I am going to take my shahadah.

Muslim Woman
10-03-2014, 05:31 AM
Salaam

may Allah makes it easy for you bro . Today is Jumuah , waiting to hear the good news InshaAllah.

Masuma
10-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Masha Allah brother! :D
and don't be afraid of persecution, as Allah for whom you are doing this is going to take care of it all! There is no God but ALLAH and Prophet Muhammad is His Messenger. And refer to dr.zakir naik's lectures, nouman ali khan, shaykh kamaluddin, suhaib webb website, translation of holy quran by abdullah yusuf ali etc. Insha Allah no doubt will be left behind. There is a story of a companion at the time of Prophet Muhammad whose parents persecute him always for accepting Islam. One day they threw him out of the house, and while he was moving out, his father said that the clothes you are wearing are also my property so give them back. That beloved slave of Allah even gave them up. (I need to find exact words of this story but if anyone else can correct then please do so). Jazakumullahu khairan!
(And please brother and sisters and other brothers, make dua for me too, I'm really flunking in studies and have exams soon. :'|
Wasalam!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!