/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please Answer!

Towhid
10-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Sallam;
I forgot that you are not supposed to call Allah anything apart from his 99 names/ attributes and I called him "Priceless" as he is above any price; have I done shirk?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ishaaq
10-04-2014, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Towhid
Sallam;
I forgot that you are not supposed to call Allah anything apart from his 99 names/ attributes and I called him "Priceless" as he is above any price; have I done shirk?
This is a common misconception that Allah's Names are restricted to 99. In fact, if you count all the Names of Allah that are in the Qur'an and Sunnah they exceed 99.

The 99 Names are special Names which Muslims are encouraged to memorize (including their meaning) as a means of gaining spiritual reward and intimate knowledge about Allah.

However, Allah has many more Names than the 99 Names, including Names which are hidden in the knowledge of Allah which only He knows.

So it is not Shirk to refer to Allah by another Name or Quality unless such a Name or Attribute is unbetting for Allah.

Now to call Allah “Priceless”, it depends by what you mean by that. Since it is an ambiguous term and it can give people a wrong idea therefore I don't recommend you use such language about Allah. Study the 99 Names of Allah which are beautiful and profound in meaning.

Towhid
10-05-2014, 02:13 PM
I meant it as:
you cannot purchase Allah [SWT] with anything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!