/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Experience on meeting a Scholar

Samiun
10-13-2014, 08:43 PM
:sl: This is a story of Meeting an Ulama. I went to a lecture that was being presented by a very famous Ulama. I admired this person since I have watched him talked about the signs of end of times. Hes very knowledgeable, some of his ideas are very controversial but me hes one of the best ulama that talks about the ends of times. I had to to go to train ride for about an hour and a half and walk a few kilometres to get to the Masjid that he was going to. I came about maghrib time and I saw him walk inside the masjid and feel very astonished as I went back outside the masjid and took my wudhu.I went back in to the masjid and found him sitting alone waiting for the adhaan. I gave my salam and shook his hands and I became very nervous so I took a seat some step away from where he is sitting. I felt kinda left out when the people came and ask him queations with me looking from the side. Then someone Decided to turn on the speaker with a person reciting surah Ya Sin. He immediately stop talking and concentrated on the meaning of the surah. After that some gave the adhaan and again he listened attentively to the adhaan. After maghrib he finally gave the lecture that I was waiting for so I was in awe of his delivery of his lecture. Very straight forward, with a stern voice. One of the most proficient lectures I have ever heard and I forced myself to Keep awake. After the lecturer ended, I gave my salam to him and shook his hands. One of the best moments of meeting an actual Ulama. He gives off a very calm but attentive aura. That is my experience.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-14-2014, 02:50 AM
:wa:

:ma: Ulema are indeed the best company to be with! So was the actual lecture you went to about the end times? I would love to see a youtube clip if it's recorded :).

My experience meeting with a scholar -

So this masjid lecture was 1 hour away from my house, quite far away like brother Samiuns. We were fasting at the time because it was ramadan then I went in masjid and we all prayed salatul Asr. After Asr we all prepared for the lecture, many people rushed to the sides of the masjid where you have a wall your back and relax aswell. But I was sitting right at the feet of the scholar at the front. The people in this lecture were mostly old, and I was really young at the time. The scholar prepared his notes for the lecture, set up the mic and consulting the imam. Just about when he was ready, he noticed me (young person) and we both glanced for a few seconds. Then he talked to the imam about me, something along the lines of "Masha Allah young ones" I saw a wide smile on his face. His lecture was about the purification of your soul and also some problems of the ummah. Unfortunately I had to leave 3/4 way through the lecture because parents were calling me on phone. So the next day I went to masjid for salah and the imam noticed me and came up to me, gave me salams, handshake etc. Wow I love the company of them and sitting with them alhamdulilah. If that scholar gives a lecture again, I will want to speak to him :ia: since last time I left 3/4 way through lecture. Yeah so that's my experience :).

Scimitar
10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
name the scholars :) please

ardianto
10-14-2014, 02:46 PM
:sl:

My wife be friend with a scholar's wife. :)

He graduates from Al-Azhar, has official title "Kyai Haji" (Shaykh) that given by Ulema Council, and has written a number of Islamic books.

I've ever visited his home. Just a small house, but look like library because full of books!.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
10-14-2014, 07:06 PM
:salam:

I met a Sayid from Madina once in an airport. I still remember his humble nature and he had a gap in his tooth which beatified his face. I went to kiss his hands and he hugged me in return. Despite his arduous journey he was trying to make time for everyone with a smile on his face which enveloped us in an air of serenity.

My Brother saw him in Madinatul Munawara in Masjid Nabawi during Umrah during Ramadan. He took time out from his busy schedule to come see his group, gave them a tour showing where he was born in the Masjid Nabawi (He was born before they expanded the Masjid in 1984 ish) and also showed him where the Mothers of the Believers lived and the Sahabas etc.

When he went to see him at his house near Masjid Nabawi he was waiting outside for each guest and would welcome them in "Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullah, Ahlan Wa Sahlan", seat them and then arrange their shoes for them. He would only speak good and when he speaks of Mohammad(SAW) his eyes would swell with tears. He also mentioned Sunnah of eating grapes is not to pluck it from its branches but to hang it just above the mouth while it's still attached to its branches and pluck it using your mouth. It will be hard to find this mentioned in books lol

Samiun
10-13-2015, 08:14 PM
:sl:

Time to revive this thread! I had the pleasure of meeting an Ulama during Eid recently. This is my experience.

It was about 3 PM in the evening, the Ulama had come with a car and brought along his family that included children. There were about 9 of them I dare say, I had to greet them because the person that was suppose to greet them weren't there, so naturally I would have to. I greeted all of his family, shook the Ulama's hand and so was his entourages/children and led them to a room which was basically like a guest room. I took some photos, and they all sat. They were talking amongst themselves in their own language so I decided to ask where they were from and how did they get here. After the questions were answered, there was a very long silence and then my grandfather came in and asked basically the same thing, and then there was a very long pause. It was getting hot in the room so I had to turn on a secondary airconditioner and when I did that my grandfather had to leave me as he was coughing so I was hold up on that room alone. I asked a few questions again about similar to the previous questions and then there was a long pause and silence in the room between us. I couldn't hear what the Ulama had said but he wanted to excuse himself as it was getting a bit late for him and finally(alhamdulillah) the person who was to meet him encouraged him to stay.

I gotta say, that was pretty intense.

So after awhile, we brought the Ulama and his family towards the dining table for late lunch(emm tea time anyone? :X) it was about 5 by then I think and by this time the mood was alright I guess and I was happy to see the Ulama answering questions from the person that was suppose to meet him and I was told later that he was character that like to kept silent. I didn't get to ask him questions for fear of miscommunication or rather, there was no question I would have wanted to ask at the time. Alhamdulillah, I was just grateful I got to meet an Ulama.

lonewolf007
10-13-2015, 10:35 PM
wow you peeps are really lucky masha'Allah, haven't meant any but would love to meet mufti menk and a few others............he seems like such a friendly and humble person masha'Allah

may Allah reward him Ameen

strivingobserver98
10-13-2015, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim007
wow you peeps are really lucky masha'Allah, haven't meant any but would love to meet mufti menk and a few others............he seems like such a friendly and humble person masha'Allah

may Allah reward him Ameen
If you don't manage to meet him in real life, maybe you can meet him on IB forum. :ia: soon on the forum we will have question sessions by distinguished Islamic figures such as Mufti Menk, Yasir Qadhi, Abdur Raheem McCarthy and more!

Stay tuned :ia: :).

lonewolf007
10-13-2015, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
If you don't manage to meet him in real life, maybe you can meet him on IB forum. :ia: soon on the forum we will have question sessions by distinguished Islamic figures such as Mufti Menk, Yasir Qadhi, Abdur Raheem McCarthy and more!

Stay tuned :ia: :).
no way you being serious?? wow thats awesome seriously good stuff.................may Allah SWT reward you Ameen

you mean mufti menk and others will come on the forum?? sorry got a bit excited, dont think i read your comment properly lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!