/* */

PDA

View Full Version : does the quran address only arabs or all of mankind?

rocco
10-14-2014, 03:39 PM
does the quran address only arabs or all of mankind?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rocco
10-14-2014, 03:52 PM
And please give proof from evidence.

Muslim Woman
10-14-2014, 03:57 PM
:sl:

bro , why r u asking this question ? Did u find verses in Quran saying O U who Arabs ?

MuslimInshallah
10-14-2014, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rocco

Assalaamu alaikum rocco,

(smile) Have you actually tried reading the Qur'an? It's full of phrases like: ya ayyuha nnaas (O people!). Not "mankind". Not Arabs... People. Humans. You and me. All of us. And if you read it with an open heart, you cannot but feel the force of it's intimacy. How it talks to you.

(smile) Give it a try. Even in an English translation you can get a feel for this. And if you're desirous of fully feeling as much as we humans can of this intimacy, and the pleasure of finding God, and discovering His Will… well, you could always have a crack at Arabic. (big smile) It's a joy!

May Allah, the One Who Guides, Help you to know His Words.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
10-14-2014, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rocco
During the time of Muhammad(saws) there were many reverts to Islam that were not Arab. Bilal is one who immediately comes to mind.

I think if the Qur'an was for Arabs only, Muhammad(saws) would nor have allowed non-Arabs to revert.

rocco
10-15-2014, 11:36 AM
whom does this verse address(39:6), Arabs or Mankind-

He created you from one soul. Then He made from it its mate, and He produced for you from the grazing livestock eight mates. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, within three darknesses. That is Allah , your Lord; to Him belongs dominion. There is no deity except Him, so how are you averted?

does it refer only to the people present there, or all men & women who read or will read it?

Thanks,
Assalamualaikum.

greenhill
10-15-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't know, but I get the impression that it is narrative of history about Adam, Eve, and subsequent generations plus elaborating about the womb, how it is concealed under 3 layers....

Peace :shade:

rocco
10-15-2014, 12:13 PM
I couldn't edit it, so I redoed it:
whom does this verse address(39:6), Arabs or Mankind-

He created you from one soul. Then He made from it its mate, and He produced for you from the grazing livestock eight mates. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, within three darknesses. That is Allah , your Lord; to Him belongs dominion. There is no deity except Him, so how are you averted?

does it refer only to the people present there, or all men & women who read and will read it?

Thanks,
Assalamualaikum.

greenhill
10-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Plus it is also mentioned about livestock as part of our provision.

When I say subsequent generations, I also include us. It says "He created you...." that means me. means HE created me.

Is this question in anyway related to the title or is it a different question?

Signor
10-15-2014, 03:39 PM
I made a comprehensive post regarding the nature of universal message in Islam back in days,here is a small extract.

Islam delivers a dynamic message for whole humanity through Quran which is in complete harmony with human natural needs.It speaks to the human heart as well as the human faculty of reason at the individual level and at the group level. It is a rational revelation that invites its readers to understand the signs of God, Allah (SWT) by logic and reasoning. The cardinal principles of good governance such as consultation, honesty and sincerity, impartiality and incorruptibility, accountability and transparency, justice for all without bias and prejudice, and human welfare for all and particularly for the poor and the needy, the deprived and the destitute was enshrined in the Qur’an long before the people of the world had even conceived of them.

Mankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other. The noblest among you in Allah’s sight is that one of you who best performs his duty. Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.(Al-Hujurat 49:13)

“You are sons of Adam, and Adam came from dust. Let the people cease to boast about their ancestors.” (Abu Dawud)

“These genealogies of yours are not a reason to revile anyone. You are all children of Adam. No one has any superiority over another except in religion and taqwa (godliness).”
(Ahmad)
Full Post

saif-uddin
10-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Several Ayaat explicitely Address Mankind, Children of Adam (alayhi wa sallam)

in addition ...

Rasulullah :saws: says ...

Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.'

(Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Allah Azzawajal says ...

"O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest"

(Al-Quran, Surah Nisa : Ayah 174)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!