/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Children's section?

MuslimInshallah
10-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Assalaamu alaikum everyone,

As my 11 year-old is sick right now, I showed her the jokes thread to cheer her up. (smile) Which she enjoyed! But it brought the question up: any chance of having a children's section on the Forum?

It's just a vague idea, but we wondered what people thought of this idea?

Thank you for any input!

May Allah Guide our thoughts and decisions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-15-2014, 01:05 AM
:wa:

Lol this thread made me smile alhamdulilah, I reckon children can learn a lot from here while growing up. Instead of YouTube with indecent videos, images left right and centre, or other bad websites. Here they can learn, read and stay in the right environment especially on the Internet. It's a nice idea for the future and may be considered :ia:. Obviously we would need more children users and depends on what other members + staff think about it too. Regarding usability it may be quite hard for some children to use forums, most of them would need training.

MuslimInshallah
10-15-2014, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Regarding usability it may be quite hard for some children to use forums, most of them would need training.
Assalaamu alaikum Farhan,

This made me smile a lot! You know, my 6 year-old knows how to do more on the computer than I do…! Just a little earlier this evening, I wanted to watch a video, and I got a message saying it was unavailable (because I have the safety mode on, to protect everyone from inappropriate content). My six year old says "It's ok Mummy, you just have to put Private Browsing on, and then you can see the video…"

Anyway, thank you for considering this idea.

Jazakallah khairan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!