SEE BELOW BROTHER SCIMI's LINK! :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
10-14-2014, 08:13 PM
what he said ^ er - the video I mean! :statisfie

MuslimInshallah
10-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I saw brother InToTheRain's original post, which was interesting. But this video is even better. I understand why InToTheRain took his post down. Ma sha Allah! My youngest children watched it with me and liked the story too. And understood the message. We highly recommend it!

Thank you Scimitar!

May Allah Reward both of you for bringing this story to us.

Muslim Woman
10-15-2014, 05:26 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by InToTheRain
:salam:

SEE BELOW BROTHER SCIMI's LINK! :D

Br , Can't see any link in ur post.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
10-15-2014, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:

Br , Can't see any link in ur post.
:salam:

I have updated it, basically Brother Scimi had a link which narrated it much better at seems more correct although along the same lines as what I had posted :embarrass

Scimitar
10-15-2014, 10:52 AM
I must admit, kinetic typography is, in my experience - just as much a learning tool as it is entertaining and fun to watch. And this video is a good demonstration of that.

As for the story, well, I won't get hung up on authenticity when the morality behind the story is of far more value, however, I would be curious to know if this narrative is found within Christian stories. Maybe one of our Christian brothers/sisters can help us here?

Scimi

greenhill
10-16-2014, 05:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I would be curious to know if this narrative is found within Christian stories.
Have shown the clip to a few, Christian included... He has not heard of it. I googled too, but some say it is derived from islamic source. Still, that is not conclusive.

I liked it, though. The 'extra' touch of correcting the misspoken words of the narration was priceless!

:thumbs_up

Scimitar
10-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Who ate the third loaf of Bread is a story taken from the book The Muslim Jesus by Tarif Khalidi.

In his book The Muslim Jesus, author Tarif Khalidi has collected stories throughout the centuries relating to Jesus (pbuh). This particular one was taken from the writings of Abu Bakr ibn Abi al-Dunya, who lived in the third century after Hijra, and is believed to have originally been narrated by the Prophet Muhammad. http://www.muslimsandtheworld.com/who-ate-the-third-loaf-of-bread/

Aaah, I always wanted to know where it was referenced from. Looks like we have a source :)

Scimi

Abz2000
10-16-2014, 08:40 PM
MashaAllah, a very short story but one which causes very deep thought.
Would've been great if he'd just said "a guided man" due to uncertainty of authenticity.
Allah knows best but a wonderful lesson.
JazakAllahu khayran :)

greenhill
10-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Salaams Scimi,

Noticed also two spelling errors in the clip.

Smiling spelt smililng (or something like that) and ourselves spelt without the 'e' ourselvs(?)....

Peace

Samiun
10-18-2014, 11:28 PM
An oldie but a goodie. Jazakallahkhaira. Way ahead of u bro hehe http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...af-breads.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!