PDA

View Full Version : Why do some Anti Islam/Muslim People act like they care about Muslim Women ?



truthseeker63
10-18-2014, 08:42 AM
As Salamu Alaykum Why do some Anti Islam/Muslim People act like they care about Muslim Women ? I get Mad very Mad when some Non Muslims who hate Islam/Muslims talk about how Islam/Muslims oppress Women I get mad because if I hated Muslims why would I care about their Women ? By the way the same People who say Muslim Women are oppressed many of them support hate crimes that harm Muslim Women support the West bombing Muslim Women in Wars and support banning Muslim Women from wearing Veils/Hijabs by the way Im Male but I just get upset a Non Muslim Woman told once she hates Muslims because they oppress Women I asked what Religion are the Women you say Muslims are oppressing ? Answer Islam/Muslim I was 14 or 15 years of age not even a Muslim it is fake sympathy used to make Muslims look evil I don't believe they care about Muslim Women they call Muslim Women Terrorists as well as the Men I have more respect for someone who hates Islam/Muslims who admits they hate and don't care about Muslim Women than those who pretend anyone agree ? The Non Muslims have no room to talk about how Muslim Women many of their Non Muslim Women dress half naked in public.

Woman charged with hate crime against two Muslim women

King County prosecutors on Thursday charged a Burien woman with a hate crime after she allegedly kicked one Muslim woman and slammed a car door on her leg, pushed another Muslim woman and yelled epithets at both of them Saturday at a gas station in Tukwila.


http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...mwomen22m.html
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
naba
10-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Walecum As salaam because they want to abuse islam, but they don't know they will always b on losing side, the best way to answer them is quoting verses of Quran, like Allah in ch 4 v 19 says it is unlawful for you to inherit women under compulsion, live in kindness with them.Allah in ch 16 v 97 says if u do good deeds whether man or woman Allah will admit them to paradise and give full recompense for their good deeds.Allah in ch 4 v 34 regards men as qawwamun which means protector.
Reply

InToTheRain
10-18-2014, 06:51 PM
:salam:

It's a good point; they say we oppress Woman at the same time their ilk (Islamaphobes) try to insult/degrade/harm those very woman who choose to wear the veil. These people are just hypocrites and intolerant.

My wife for example always wears the Niqab outside and she is EXTREMELY uncomfortable without it. An old lady once shouted "DISGUSTING" in front of her face for wearing the Niqab but she laughed. I sometimes advise her to take it off telling her it's not Fard and I don't want harm to come to her as a result but she doesn't let go.
Reply

Pygoscelis
10-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by truthseeker63
As Salamu Alaykum Why do some Anti Islam/Muslim People act like they care about Muslim Women ? I get Mad very Mad when some Non Muslims who hate Islam/Muslims talk about how Islam/Muslims oppress Women I get mad because if I hated Muslims why would I care about their Women ? By the way the same People who say Muslim Women are oppressed many of them support hate crimes that harm Muslim Women support the West bombing Muslim Women in Wars and support banning Muslim Women from wearing Veils/Hijabs by the way Im Male but I just get upset a Non Muslim Woman told once she hates Muslims because they oppress Women I asked what Religion are the Women you say Muslims are oppressing ? Answer Islam/Muslim I was 14 or 15 years of age not even a Muslim it is fake sympathy used to make Muslims look evil I don't believe they care about Muslim Women they call Muslim Women Terrorists as well as the Men I have more respect for someone who hates Islam/Muslims who admits they hate and don't care about Muslim Women than those who pretend anyone agree ? The Non Muslims have no room to talk about how Muslim Women many of their Non Muslim Women dress half naked in public.

Woman charged with hate crime against two Muslim women

King County prosecutors on Thursday charged a Burien woman with a hate crime after she allegedly kicked one Muslim woman and slammed a car door on her leg, pushed another Muslim woman and yelled epithets at both of them Saturday at a gas station in Tukwila.


http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...mwomen22m.html
Why wouldn't people care about muslim women? They are people, after all. We should all care about them. I would hope that muslims also care about non-muslim women, and men for that matter.

Sure, there are some Anti-Islam people who do it out of tribalism and hate muslims simply because they are the other, or because they have been conditioned that muslims are evil and should be hated, but that is not all Anti-Islamic people.

Most people I have spoken to who claim that Islam is oppressive to women, actually do say it out of concern for women. That may be hard to believe if you look at it as a Muslim, but it is the case. As a Muslim woman, you may wear the veil or burqa and play the Islamic female gender role willingly, to be truer to your religion, or you may do it to avoid the male gaze, etc. But many non-muslims don't know that, and don't believe that, at least for many muslim women. They think it is forced, and they will cite you cases of where women are beaten or otherwise abused, or even killed if they do not follow the cultural norms. The stories may not be true, the norms may not be from Islam (honor killings), but they do believe they are true, and they do care about the women.

It is a cultural bias at work. Western women are big on freedom, and the right to wear whatever they want, and not many of them can imagine wanting to wear a burqa or veil, so it gets associated with oppression. They really do think muslim women wear it against their will. You can tell them otherwise, but it isn't easy for them to believe.

Western feminists burned bras. They seek to "break from the shackles of paternalistic society" and empower women. They may be misinformed or simply wrong, but that is their motivation.

Of course the truth is that women in the west are hit by media and peer pressure to wear as little as possible and to celebrate and parade their bodies, etc. This too is something feminists crusade against, but not as vigorously, and they don't get too many other non-muslims joining them in this, because you don't hear allegations of women being beaten up because they don't wear a bikini to work.

So yes, Anti-Islam people are not always "pretending" to care about muslim women. Often Anti-Islamic people care very much about them.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
MuslimInshallah
10-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Greetings Pygoscelis,

(smile) You are right that there are many non-Muslims do genuinely care about the mistreatment of Muslim women. And it is, unfortunately true that there are Muslim men who mistreat women (though it should be pointed out that there are non-Muslim men who mistreat women, too).

However, it is also true that the suffering of Muslim women is used by some as a pretext to justify hatred against Muslims. Worse, it can be used as a pretext by some governments and their corporate backers to interfere in other people's countries.

I would argue that truly Anti-Islam people don't care a bit about real Muslim women. But that there are people who, in ignorance, believe the propaganda about Islam, see real suffering, and and wish they could help, somehow. It's not that they are out to trash Islam and hurt Muslims. They just don't know. (smile) They can actually be pretty decent people, overall.

May Allah Guide us to a better understanding of one another.
Reply

Eien
10-22-2014, 01:37 AM
It is often a tactic. If you disliked or were antagonistic to something, wouldn't you try to make a case of everything that is 'wrong' with it?
Reply

ardianto
10-24-2014, 04:20 PM
If they don't care about Muslim women, then they would not criticize Islam as oppressive toward women, but would let Muslim women oppressed without say anything.

Indeed, many Muslim women are still oppressed by Muslim men who use Islam as justification to oppress women. It's make many non-Muslims assume that Islam encourage men to oppress women.
Reply

Karl
10-26-2014, 01:08 AM
It's just the old divide and conquer technique. The Anti Islamics try and pit the Muslim women against the Muslim men but they hate both. Just like they like to pit the Hindoo against the Muslims. Don't fall for their bleeding heart rhetoric about caring, they blow up countries without any concern for the victims.
Reply

fix
10-26-2014, 04:08 AM
My point of view is that in evry religion not all peoples are same ...wether its islam or any other...some none muslimes pritending they do care about muslim women but ...some of them said this due to their wrong knowledge about the customs of islam nd veils nd way of living ..so they just pointing out the things they are watching without any knowledge about...for axample they are free in dressing but in islam we have to cover are self this is not oppression but as far as they don't have knowledge about so they considering this oppression. ..so I think little bit its depened upon what knowledge they have about islam ....
Reply

Ali Mujahidin
10-26-2014, 04:28 AM
No, I seriously doubt if they care about Muslim women. As far as I can make out, what they really care about is that Islam is put in a bad light. That's all. So they focus on isolated incidents here and there. They shout "See I told you! Islam oppresses women." And they are so good at making such a lot of noise that the whole world thinks that Islam oppresses women. I know for a fact and from personal experience that Islam does not oppress women. Let me share an example. Islamic law of inheritance states that the male children get twice the share of the property as compared to the female children. I remember reading that one of the Companions did ask the Holy Prophet (saw) whether this wasn't fair to the female children. to which the Holy Prophet (saw) replied that the division was actually unfair to the male children. Why, asked the Companion. And the Holy Prophet (saw) told him that the male children have to take care of their female siblings from their (the male children's) share of the property whereas the female children are not obligated to take care of the male children from their (the female children's) share of the property. And that's just one example of how Islam takes good care of women.
Reply

fix
10-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
No, I seriously doubt if they care about Muslim women. As far as I can make out, what they really care about is that Islam is put in a bad light. That's all. So they focus on isolated incidents here and there. They shout "See I told you! Islam oppresses women." And they are so good at making such a lot of noise that the whole world thinks that Islam oppresses women. I know for a fact and from personal experience that Islam does not oppress women. Let me share an example. Islamic law of inheritance states that the male children get twice the share of the property as compared to the female children. I remember reading that one of the Companions did ask the Holy Prophet (saw) whether this wasn't fair to the female children. to which the Holy Prophet (saw) replied that the division was actually unfair to the male children. Why, asked the Companion. And the Holy Prophet (saw) told him that the male children have to take care of their female siblings from their (the male children's) share of the property whereas the female children are not obligated to take care of the male children from their (the female children's) share of the property. And that's just one example of how Islam takes good care of women.
No I am not saying that they said this in the care of muslim woman ...am saying may be their perceptions about islam is wrong or may be they wants to misguide others about islam...
And as far as your example its realy awesome nd great....
Reply

introspective
10-31-2014, 12:17 AM
Western exceptionalism, major fashion designers w/ their so called "trends", "neoliberal globalization", Edward Burnays' idea of public relations, extremist idea of "old is bad, new is good", lack of deep thinking........

I could brainstorm a hodgepodge of different reasons but it gets tiring because I could just forget about these polemicists and carry on with my life.

History repeats itself.
Reply

Ummshareef
10-31-2014, 02:51 PM
:wa:

I really don't think they realise how happy and fulflled we are. Every time they see a woman in niqaab for example they see an object of oppression but in reality it is the western woman in her skimpy miniskirt who is the one who is oppressed. They think that we are beaten every day by our husbands but do not realise that the right to discipline his wife only applies as a last resort to save her and if it is used beyond that it is beyond the bounds of Islam. They cannot get out of their mindset that men and women are the same, whereas we recognise and celebrate the differences as a great gift alhumdulillah.
Reply

MuslimInshallah
10-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ummshareef
:wa:

I really don't think they realise how happy and fulflled we are. Every time they see a woman in niqaab for example they see an object of oppression but in reality it is the western woman in her skimpy miniskirt who is the one who is oppressed. They think that we are beaten every day by our husbands but do not realise that the right to discipline his wife only applies as a last resort to save her and if it is used beyond that it is beyond the bounds of Islam. They cannot get out of their mindset that men and women are the same, whereas we recognise and celebrate the differences as a great gift alhumdulillah.
Assalaamu alaikum Umm Shareef,


(sigh) I'm afraid you are leaning into stereotypes and black and white divisions. The question was about why some people who are against Islam seem to be so concerned about the oppression of Muslim women.


You know, those who would oppress their fellow humans actually love to play with stereotypes. If you start engaging oppressors in a war of stereotypes, truth and justice get lost. And humanity, as a whole, loses. And the oppressors win.


Reality is so much more shaded and diverse. A munaqqibah (a woman wearing niqab) may be very treasured by her husband and very happy. Or she might be terrorized by her husband, and unhappy. Or she may have a loveless marriage, but feel Blessed with her children. Or she may have a kind husband and be not able to have children. Or she may have an ok marriage and ok kids, and have problems with her health. Or she may love working outside of the home and... do you see? There are an unimaginable amount of different combinations of circumstances.


And the same is true of all women, whatever they wear, wherever they come from, whatever their race, ethnicity, nationality... whatever categories we tend to place people into.


When we start dividing ourselves into “us” and “them”, we are losing sight of an important point: Allah, by design, divided us, not into only two camps, but into a multitude of different groupings.


Allah Tells us in 49:13


Sahih International: O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

Actually, the words “peoples” and “tribes” could be translated differently. The first word “shu'uban” could be understood as a large grouping of people. It seems to me that it could be a nationality, an ethnicity, a large religious, linguistic or ideological group. The word “qaba'ila” is a smaller grouping. And here, I feel that it could be a minority of some kind (linguistic,religious, etc), a clan group, a social class, maybe.

Frankly, I feel that the whole “us” versus “them” idea is born of Satanic whispering that seeks to divide and conquer we humans.

(smile) You know, we had some tensions earlier in the year in my province here in Canada. The government tried the “us” versus “them” tactic to try to whip up support for our province to become an independent state. And Muslims were the “them”. We fought this by linking up with diverse other people. There are decent Christians (of various types), atheists, agnostics, Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists, etc... as well as various Native Canadians, English-speakers, French-speakers ...(smile) you name it, we have a few of everyone. So we sought each other out and supported one another. No, we don't agree on everything. But we all felt that we didn't want to have a divided and unjust society (and we've known tensions between different communities in the past. And we know it isn't nice).

So we united.

(big smile) And the government and it's unpleasant allies were defeated. They suffered their worst electoral defeat in 30 years! And this in spite of the fact that the opposition party was not very popular.

And, subhanallah!, those links and discussions have improved relations between people to better than they were before all this unpleasantness happened.

Please, my dear sister in Islam, don't let those Satanic forces whisper to you. Do you really agree with George Bush Jr that we can divide the world neatly into two parts?

May Allah, the One Who Gently Guides, Bless you, my dear.
Reply

ardianto
11-01-2014, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ummshareef
:wa:

I really don't think they realise how happy and fulflled we are. Every time they see a woman in niqaab for example they see an object of oppression but in reality it is the western woman in her skimpy miniskirt who is the one who is oppressed. They think that we are beaten every day by our husbands but do not realise that the right to discipline his wife only applies as a last resort to save her and if it is used beyond that it is beyond the bounds of Islam. They cannot get out of their mindset that men and women are the same, whereas we recognise and celebrate the differences as a great gift alhumdulillah.
:sl:

Mistreatment toward women happen in everywhere in every society. But only in Muslims who use religion to mistreat the women. No wonder if many non-Muslims assume that Islam oppress women.

Prohibition on education for women, honor killing,forced marriage on underage girls, ..... just few example of mistreatment toward women in certain Muslim societies which Muslims use Islam to justify although the daleel that used to justify these mistreatment are not relevant.

Muslim world is not limited only in masjid or madrasa, but larger than it. We would not know what happen in Muslim world if we didn't out from our 'dome'.

One more. Do not too fast to reject what non-Muslims say about Islamic society because they maybe right. And do not too fast to believe what some Muslims say because maybe they just want to support their own group.
Reply

Ali Mujahidin
11-01-2014, 03:13 AM
I think the real problem is that, for some people, there is something wrong with Islam. So with that kind of attitude, it's just too easy to find faults. Just like when you don't like somebody, you can see all his flaws. However, for people who love Islam, we know that the beauty of Islam will shine through even though some people who claim to be Muslims tarnish the image of Islam with their own misinterpretations.

As for the idea that Islam mistreats women, this is a total fallacy and an absolute lie. Yes, there are Muslim men who beat their wives. So how does this compare to the number of non-Muslim men who beat their wives? How does this compare to what Islam says, very clearly, about how to treat wives? I think even some Muslims are beginning to think that Islam encourages wife-beating. To these people, if they are here, I say "Please read the Holy Quran and the Hadith Sahih and always ask a real-life ustaz if you are in doubt".
Reply

Abz2000
11-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Probably because they feel inadequate or confused due to the fact that they wrongly have their women advertising their private parts for £15 in soho, or debased on huge posters trying to sell kellogs cerial bars and underpants for multi-national corporations - one dude called me a terrorist for tearing down call girl ads from phone booths on my way back from tarawih.
(i took it as a complement :) )
The next day i was confronted by police and told to stop.....

They'd do well to study what the bible which their leaders claim to uphold (in order to get elected) says on the subject - Then the Quran would make more sense.

1The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth*it*to heart: and merciful men*are*taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil*to come.

2He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds,*each onewalking*in*his uprightness.

3But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the wh*re.

4Against whom do ye sport yourselves?
against whom make ye a wide mouth,*and*draw out the tongue?
*are*ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood,

5Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?


Isaiah 57
Reply

Karl
11-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Mistreatment toward women happen in everywhere in every society. But only in Muslims who use religion to mistreat the women. No wonder if many non-Muslims assume that Islam oppress women.

Prohibition on education for women, honor killing,forced marriage on underage girls, ..... just few example of mistreatment toward women in certain Muslim societies which Muslims use Islam to justify although the daleel that used to justify these mistreatment are not relevant.

Muslim world is not limited only in masjid or madrasa, but larger than it. We would not know what happen in Muslim world if we didn't out from our 'dome'.

One more. Do not too fast to reject what non-Muslims say about Islamic society because they maybe right. And do not too fast to believe what some Muslims say because maybe they just want to support their own group.
There are no "under age" girls in Islam. Why do you bash Islam so much, are you a feminist?
BTW in the Vedas it says females are lower than dogs and should be beaten every day with a stick, but do the Hindoo get bashed by the feminists?
Reply

syed_z
11-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum...


A very good read by Sheikh Imran Hosein, its related to the topic of this thread:

http://imranhosein.org/articles/women-in-islam.html

Women of Islam in the House of Allah (swt).

A very good read.


Since this is the last age we're living in and Dajjal, the mastermind of deception in this Age will target entire mankind and primarily women.

The Holy Prophet (saw) said " The last people who will come out to him will be women, to the extent that a man will return to his wife, his mother, his daughter, his sister, and his aunt, and he will tie her (or them) up with cord, fearing that she (or they) will go out to him.'

How Dajjal's age and system will deceive women, it will tend to make them believe that it cares for them, it will target all women, Muslim and non Muslim. Feminist Revolution has a large part to play in this and Sheikh has explained in his articles, please visit the above link.

Anti Muslim also tend to care for Muslim women because many Muslim men mistreat muslim women which also gives them the pretext to intervene in to man and wife's relationship, sister and brother relationship, mother and son relationship, father and daughter etc.

The natural role of women in a society taught by All Prophets was the same, but the Muslim world is the only place where women are still very much living that role unlike their counterparts in the West. Dajjal wants to now target the East as he has achieved success in gathering majority under the Feminist Revolution umbrella in the West.

The blunders that men make in the Muslim world will help Dajjal in targeting them, such as what Adrianto mentioned like honor killings, forced marriages, etc.
Reply

WinterVein
05-30-2016, 03:03 PM
ameen dude. Western fashion trends are also a problem that occaisionally targets us >:(
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!