/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why some Non Muslims act like there are no Radicals in Non Muslim/Other Religions ?

truthseeker63
10-19-2014, 08:34 AM
As Salamu Alaykum why some Non Muslims act like there are no Radicals in Non Muslim/Other Religions ? My evidence is in these links I live in America I know most People have never heard of the Christian Identity Movement but they promote Terrorism and hate in the name of Christianity the JDL are Jewish I can name Communists that promote Terrorism but they are Atheists. I did study Christian Identity since I was Age 17 and I have a book about it. Anyone I think if we want to talk about how Radical Muslims are an issue fine but why not point out other Religions and Groups have Radicals ? I think Christian Identity could be and has been compared to the Nation of Islam lead by Louis Farrakhan.

``There are fanatics in every religion and as long as they do not carry their fanaticism to a terrorist act, there is nothing wrong in their beliefs,'' says Seif Ashmawy, the Egyptian-American publisher of the Voice of Peace, a monthly publication on Muslim issues. ``But there is a very small minority that wish to impose their ideas by force. Those are the people we should worry about.''

http://rense.com/political/USIslamicterror.htm

Even Buck Revell, the former Federal Bureau of Investigation agent he quotes, admits there are no more than "two or three dozen" Islamic extremists in this country who might harbor violent tendencies.
While any violent extremist is dangerous, let's compare extremists.
* The F.B.I. reports that extremists from the Jewish Defense League and like-minded groups committed more than a dozen terrorist attacks in this country in the last decade.

* Kach and Kahane Chai, two of the Middle East's most ruthless and racist Jewish terrorist groups, have had offices in New York for years and annually send millions of dollars to Jewish militants in the occupied West Bank. While the assets of the groups were recently frozen by executive order, their leaders held a news conference Jan. 24 and bragged that they had been tipped off about the order and will step up activities in the United States.
* According to Chip Berlet of Political Research Associates, there are more than 10,000 members of Christian militias formed in more than 40 states in the last 18 months.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/02/25/op...ts-493995.html

The largest Christian Identity movement has traditionally been the Ku Klux Klan which was reorganized in 1915 by William Simmons, a Christian pastor. He had been inspired by the film The Birth of a Nation which portrayed the KKK as a champion of white civilization. The KKK slid into obscurity by the second World War, but was revitalized in the mid 1950's as a reaction to enforced racial integration in the southern US.
Quoting the FBI's Megiddo Report on domestic terrorism: 5
"Wesley Swift is considered the single most significant figure in the early years of the Christian Identity movement in the United States. He popularized it in the right-wing by 'combining British-Israelism, a demonic anti-Semitism, and political extremism.' 6 He founded his own church in California in the mid 1940s where he could preach this ideology. In addition, he had a daily radio broadcast in California during the 1950s and 60s, through which he was able to proclaim his ideology to a large audience. With Swift’s efforts, the message of his church spread, leading to the creation of similar churches throughout the country. In 1957, the name of his church was changed to The Church of Jesus Christ Christian, which is used today by Aryan Nations (AN) churches."
"One of Swift’s associates, William Potter Gale, was far more militant than Swift and brought a new element to Christian Identity churches. He became a leading figure in the anti-tax and paramilitary movements of the 1970s and 80s. There are numerous Christian Identity churches that preach similar messages and some espouse more violent rhetoric than others, but all hold fast to the belief that Aryans are God’s chosen race."
Other current organizations which follow Christian Identity beliefs are: American Nazi Party; Aryan Nations; Church of Jesus Christ Christian, Aryan Nations; Confederate Hammerskins; Jubilee, National Association for the Advancement of White People; The Order; radical modern offshoots of the original Posse Comitatus; Scriptures for America, White Aryan Resistance (WAR) and White Separatist Banner. Many small groups fade in and out of existence frequently.

Quoting again the FBI's Megiddo Report on domestic terrorism: 5
"Christian Identity also believes in the inevitability of the end of the world and the Second Coming of Christ. It is believed that these events are part of a cleansing process that is needed before Christ’s kingdom can be established on earth. During this time, Jews and their allies will attempt to destroy the white race using any means available. The result will be a violent and bloody struggle -- a war, in effect -- between God’s forces, the white race, and the forces of evil, the Jews and nonwhites. Significantly, many adherents believe that this will be tied into the coming of the new millennium."

ecent developments:

1999-FEB-4: FBI director Louis Freeh warned that: "With the coming of the next millennium, some religious/apocalyptic groups or individuals may turn to violence as they seek to achieve dramatic effects to fulfill their prophecies." He also talked about another disturbing religious trend: "Many white supremacist groups adhere to the Christian Identity belief system, which holds that the world is on the verge of a final apocalyptic struggle...and teaches that the white race is the chosen race of God." He warned that in late 1999, some Christian Identity members might prepare for their anticipated Armageddon by committing robberies to finance their activities. Director Freeh said that the government, Jews and non-whites are likely targets. 4

1999-AUG-13: Women Leaders Online reported that a number of the most serious urban U.S. terrorism acts were perpetrated by members of Christian Identity groups, including:

Eric Rudolph, a suspect in bombings at a Birmingham AL abortion clinic and at the Atlanta Olympics

Arsonists who torched three synagogues in Sacramento CA in 1999-JUL

Murder of a gay couple near Redding, CA

Buford O'Neal Furrow Jr, suspect in the murder of a postal service employee and the attempted murder of 5 individuals at a Jewish community center in Los Angeles CA in 1999-AUG.

"and many other violent crimes across the country."
In addition, three men who were charged with two bank robberies, and three bombings in Spokane, Washington in 1996-APR were linked to the CI movement. The crimes were apparently motivated by a need to raise money for the group.
These terrorist acts appear to be planned and executed by individual Christian Identity followers, and not by Identity churches or the movement itself. Because of the freedom of speech and religion guaranteed in the 1st Amendment of the Constitution, the FBI is prohibited from general monitoring and infiltrating of Christian Identity and similar groups.

1999-OCT-20: The FBI announced completion of their Project Megiddo report. This followed an intensive study of the possibility of domestic terrorism during the millennium. It included a section on the Christian Identity movement. 5

2003-JUN-25: South Africa: White supremacist, conservative Christianity spreading rapidly: A decade after the collapse of white minority rule and apartheid, scores of right-wing white supremacist Christian faith groups are being founded. They believe that black majority rule is a punishment sent by God because of the disobedience by the Afrikaner people. They view themselves as descendents of the ten lost tribes of Israel -- white people whose destiny is to rule over all races who are forbidden to mix with other races.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/cr_ident.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
10-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Please anyone reply Muslims or Non Muslims here.

greenhill
10-21-2014, 03:19 AM
It is hard to give reasons for what you say without going into heated debates on assumptions which may lead to bigotry...

There is a saying.... "when you point a finger .... you get three fingers pointing back at you!"

In most cases (in my humble opinion), is that people tend to find blame elsewhere to cover up their own deficiencies. The louder they shout, they hope it will drown out the truth about their lies.

Some may believe, but some may seeks the truth (and find it!)...

Peace :shade:

Pygoscelis
10-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Simply because they are not as prominent and don't get as much press. I don't know if they are as numerous.

The only groups that fly off the top of my head are the KKK and Lord's Resistance Army, both Christian. We have the Tamil Tigers, but they are more cultural than religious. We have the radical communists (non religious) and we had the Nazis of course as well (christian or not depending on how you look at it). Then there are the radical jews who settle those settlements in Palestine and prop up that conflict (part religion, part politics).

There are probably many other radical groups, from many different ideologies, but you don't hear much about them, because they simply don't get as much press. They probably don't do as much damage. Most ideologies, not just religions, get dangerous once you get fundamentalist and tribal enough with them. As soon as you start seeing outsiders as not just those who disagree with you, but as evil, or as those out to get you or out to ruin society, etc, you are going to have problems. The more an ideology encourages that, the more problems it will cause.

9/11 is probably the biggest reason. It got so much press. Now Isis keeps it in the news. Before 9/11, all I knew of Islam was that Mohammed Ali and Cat Stevens converted to it. I thought it was weird that women would wear burqas, and I came across that a few times in Toronto, but I just saw it as a religious thing people do, like jews and sikhs with their head coverings. It was only in the past 14 years or so that Islam has started to be seen by the public where I live as dangerous. It wasn't the big bad bogeyman here until that recently. When I was growing up I heard more fear of communist Russia and China than of muslims.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!