/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should the people believe in islam after getting proof or just by faith?

rocco
10-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Were the people told to believe in islam after getting proof or just by faith?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
10-31-2014, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rocco

Personally I think there are many reasons for people accepting faith. Everyone has their own reasons for accepting or rejecting faith from a very simple one to very complicated ones.

In the end, it is for the individual to accept or reject as is often quoted that "there is no compulsion in religion".

So, which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Your question can be limiting as you have asked a question in a "either/or' format and it could be neither. So if we were to draw from what 'guide' we can get from the Quran, I would say that we have to use our 'reasoning' skills. We will have to study, ask questions and evaluate.

We must be convinced of the message and that the message is a a guide for us to navigate our life for the hereafter. Without being convinced, how can we perform our 'duties/obligations' with sincerity (if we even do it at all)?

I have heard many who converted on faith alone and some needing proof. I have also known someone who said to me that he thinks Islam has the qualities and that he believes in the message but that he just loves his bacon for breakfast too much to become a muslim! Whaaaaaaat?!!!

I guess the answer is "each to his/her own". "Lakum dii nukum waliiyadeen"

Peace :shade:

Lisa921
05-19-2015, 02:01 AM
Salam alaykum
I. Guess there's a fine balance between proof and faith.
People might convert because they saw proof but practice because they have faith in what they know.
Or one converts out of faith but that faith is affirmed through proof.
Luckily in Islam we have both faith and proof so the process of belief goes many ways.

MidnightRose
08-19-2015, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rocco
Allah had the Prophet (PBUH) interact with society for many years before commissioning him with prophethood. These dealings resulted in the Prophet's (PBUH) trustworthiness being confirmed by all. Due to this he (PBUH) was known as Al-Amin.

The proof was that they were sure Muhammad ibn Abdullah (PBUH) was not a liar.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-03-2016, 03:19 PM
Islam is the religion of faith and submission to the injunctions of Allah swt following the sunnah of RasulAllah s.a.w. ''yuminuna bilghaibi'' is the clear proof from Quran that muminin will have to believe in Quranic teachings and prophetic sunnah even without using their reasoning power if something out of holy scriptures is not digested by mind and heart. Those who run after the logic to believe in Islam may leave Islam if the logic goes against their whims and self made criterion for judging the truthfulness of Islamic teachings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!