/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction

buckrk1970
10-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Hi. My name is Keith. I'm 43 and live in North Carolina. I was raised in a Christian home, but drifted away from it over the years. I guess I would consider that I became an agnostic. Something has felt wrong though. I've felt so lost and empty. Something drew me to start reading the Quran. I want to learn and study about Islam. I feel like the readings have been speaking to me. I thought joining this board would help me. I look forward to being here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
10-22-2014, 12:48 AM
Greetings Keith,

I think I understand how you feel. I went to Catholic school and had a very kind Catholic grandmother who taught me about God. But as a teen, I had some real issues with God. But I then discovered Islam, bit by bit. And like you, I felt that the Qur'an spoke to me.

If you're interested, you might enjoy a book by Jeffrey Lang, Struggling to Surrender. He also grew up Catholic, became an atheist, and also felt "read" and "spoken to" by the Qur'an. He discusses this in this book (and his sequel Even Angels Ask), and it is interesting to see how he interacted with the Qur'an. His background is as a mathematician, and that adds a flavour to his thoughts, I find. He also has a powerful sincerity.

Anyway, welcome to the Forum. (smile) We're a mixed bunch, and I hope you find what you are looking for. And that (smile), you add your flavour to the mix. Please feel free to ask questions, and also to browse through the threads that are archived.

May God, the Gentle and Kind, Guide you to that which you are seeking.

greenhill
10-22-2014, 03:32 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of threads here to while away your time whilst discovering more information. Like 'Clarification about Islam' etc.

Do ask questions and hopefully they will be answered.

Peace :shade:

Muslim Woman
10-22-2014, 06:52 AM
Hello

Welcome here . Pl. browse forum and feel free to ask about Islam in related threads or start new thread in general section .

May God Almighty show you the Truth , Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!