/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is persuing education through donation in medical college haraam????

naba
10-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Assalamalecum wa rehmatullahi wa barakhatahu.Bismillah Ar Rehman Ar Raheem.i was with the grace of Allah a good student eespecially among muslims in my school I secured 82.8% in my 12th board exams, I was third in over 100 students in my chemistry coaching and I was one of the 3 who scored 90 marx in chemistry with all credit to Allah, but somehow I could not get desired score to enter government medical college so with some donation I got entry in private medical college in 2008, but at that time I didn't have much knowledge about Quran, and I felt guilty but when I read verse ch 3 v 103 in which Allah says that Allah had bestowed a rope(Quran), on us and asked us to hold it together and be not divided, by thisverse Allah forbids rreservation so government is implementing reservation in competitive exams means a sc st student need 120 from 200 to qualify while general need 180, is this just??? Many people say it is donation is haraam donation is haraam, but according to my search plz pardon if u know plz tell me I found no verse of this scenario, I think private institutions are doing trade which is not wrong because there is no guarantee of quality, a good doctor is one who is always ready for hardwork and always willing to learn.now I show u the another truth, my overall mbbs aggregrate is 57.4%, many will say its below par, but I was one of the 3 to 4 students who passed exams without any help, many colleagues secure good marx by leaking papers, in fact in government college of our city the teachers dictate answers of questions in surgery final exam to students, last year a special task force was hired and it showed that officials conducting exams did fraud by granting seats in government medical college for lacs to buyers, they leaked question papers as a result people like us were suffered,so my Question is is persuing education through donation in private institutes haraam????does this situation fits according to ch 2 v 188 of Quran??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
10-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh naba,

Mmm, I don't fully follow everything you are saying, but if I understand correctly, you are studying in an institution where the officials take bribes. But naba, you yourself are not taking bribes. You are honestly trying your best to learn a decent profession. What do you think you are doing wrong?

Imagine you are arrested for something (smile. And you are innocent, of course). The judge that is judging your case has been known to take bribes. But you yourself do not bribe him. You don't really have any choice but to use the justice system in place. Do you seriously think that Allah would hold you accountable for the corrupt judge? Of course not! Allah holds us accountable for our own actions.

There will always be corrupt people, naba. In some places there seem to be more people that get away with it than others. You can only do your best under the circumstances you have. I would suggest that you go and become an excellent doctor who really knows his stuff, naba. I suspect your people need you.

This is what I think. But only Allah truly Knows.

May Allah, the Gentle and Forgiving, Help you do much good in this world, and Reward you in the Next.

ardianto
10-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, naba.

Are you asking about paying study cost through donation from someone or some people?. In my place, one purpose of donation through Islamic zakat institutions is to pay study cost for students who need it.

naba
10-24-2014, 06:18 AM
JazakAllah Muslim in Sha Allah.another question I want to ask you that what's your view on government implementing reservation on competitive exams??? Mr ardianto my question is if I pay donation for myself to study in private institution (free from government bondage), is it justified? ??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
10-24-2014, 02:46 PM
After graduated from highschool I register to government university, but failed in entrance test. Then I register to private university that ran by Islamic organization. Indeed, I gave entrance donation when I accepted because they asked donation to build and maintain the university facilities. Is this donation that you mean?.

MuslimInshallah
10-24-2014, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naba
JazakAllahMuslim in Sha Allah.another question I want to ask you that what'syour view on government implementing reservation on competitiveexams???

Assalaamu alaikum naba,

I'm afraid that I don't really understand your question. Remember, I come from a different culture than you do, and so sometimes what you are talking about is not clear to me. I have some knowledge of different cultures and places, but all the details of how an educational system is run are unknown to me. This question of "reservation of competitive exams" is something you'd have to explain in more detail. In Canada, once you get into a Canadian medical school, I don't believe there are any more major standardized tests, at least not in my home province (each province regulates its own educational system). (Foreign graduates, however, face many tests, I believe. It is very hard for foreign medical graduates to work here as doctors).

So please, if you could explain to me how your system works and what is bothering you, I will try my best to address your concern.

Jazakallah khairan!

naba
10-25-2014, 06:43 AM
muslim in Sha Allah, the government implements reservation in competitive exams 51% to scheduled cast, scheduled tribes, other backward casts only for purpose of vote because government know that majority of indian population believes in caste system,years ago people used to discriminate poor sector and label them as untouchables then Mahathma Gandhi and ambedkar advocated upliftment of these people but never at cost of other's opportunity,because at least in big cities now there is no such discrimination,so I just observed why we young generation pay for the fault of others??? adrianto yes that donation played an important role in administrative purposes like new radiology machines,offering free food to poor patients but Allah only knows the truth.

MuslimInshallah
10-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Assalaamu alaikum naba,

Thank you for your description. I think I understand now what you are asking about.

Mmm. If I understand you correctly, you are from a middle-class urban Indian Muslim family. In India, there are accommodations made for people from less advantaged families.That is, the entrance requirements may be easier for people from certain backgrounds, or spots may be reserved for such people. Am I correct?

We actually have this in Canada, too.(smile) It may seem unfair to you, but actually, it helps make things a little bit more fair. If you are from a wealthier and/or healthier (loving) family, you have many advantages that someone from a poorer/less supportive family doesn't have. Your schools are better (more knowledgeable teachers, more resources available, more comfortable classrooms), your living conditions are better (you don't need to work while studying, someone makes sure you have food and shelter, etc (smile. Maybe does your laundry, even!)), your stress levels are lower...

I'll give you an example: I lived for a while in a village in the Caucasus mountains. I married into a family there. The family environment was not good. The children had almost no help from their family in their studies. There was little food. It was cold in the winter, and the woodstove was not very efficient. There was no washing machine. All was done by hand. No indoor running water. You had to bring buckets in to heat water. Electricity was iffy. The food was inadequately refrigerated, and could make you sick. The water was contaminated with fecal bacteria from all the outhouses in the village. Knowledge of hygienic practices was low. Actually, knowledge of just about everything was low. Violence was common. So was alcoholism and drug addiction. Tuberculosis was rampant. So were other diseases. The school was cold and had almost no facilities. The teachers very ignorant. I could go on... but do you see how difficult it might be under such conditions to excel in school enough to be able to try to get into something as limited as medicine?

If you did manage, in spite of all difficulties, to do fairly well in your studies, you would still be competing against children (and I observed such a family in that country) who came from supportive, loving families, who didn't have any great cares or worries, were warm and well-fed, had educational toys from a young age, tutors when necessary, educated parents who could help them, excellent teachers...

(smile) I have given a great contrast. But in urban environments, there are inequalities, too. If we want to give children and young people from disadvantaged backgrounds even a small chance, we have to be more flexible. It is not unfair to makesome small things (such as entrance requirements) a little easier for them, because they have so many things that are much more difficult for them.

And this is good for society, too. If people feel that they have an opportunity to improve their situation, even if it is not as much as an opportunity as a wealthier person, these people are more likely to work hard and contribute to society.You have less social unrest. And you have greater social trust. Which is an important element for a society's financial well-being, you know (it's actually been studied!). When everyone feels they have a chance, everyone benefits.

(smile) You are a decent person, I think, naba. I have seen in your posts that you are trying to be a good Muslim. Try to look at life through another person's eyes. And ask yourself: would Allah be Pleased that we give these opportunities to those who have less? Is it not a form of sadaqa? Is it not, perhaps, a better form of sadaqa than just giving a little food or money?

May Allah Bless you in your studies and in your struggle towards Him.

naba
10-26-2014, 06:38 AM
I agree with u 100%,in fact we discuss with our friends that government should pay for their education, but how hard it is to feel when u score 150 and person with 120 enters medical college.

naba
10-26-2014, 07:29 AM
In my view there should be absolute transparency in selection process and those who are poor the government should pay their fees because whatever money they will be using is from our money only as we pay taxes.

MuslimInshallah
10-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Assalaamu alaikum again naba,

Yes, indeed it is hard. Doing good often is a struggle. If you scored 150, that is very good. But another person who scored 120, while being handicapped by a difficult life, has perhaps worked just as hard as you, or even more. You are both valuable and hardworking people. And we need people like both of you.

(smile) Allah Tests us all in different ways. Your struggle with this question is perhaps your test? Because if you can manage to feel happy for the person who got in, while scoring less than you, then you have managed to restrain your nafs. (smile) And this is very hard to do!

May Allah Bless you, naba.

naba
10-26-2014, 05:32 PM
I agree infinitely with you!!!!but for ur information I just want to tell you more truth unfortunately the benefit to poor from this system is next to nil because they are so many who belongs to caste system but they are rrich.u said u live in canada but I live in india the land full of 2 faced people, consequences of this system is many people thru unlawful means get caste certificate, then when they fail in mbbs xams they cry about discrimination,I have seen in my exams teachers passing them by just asking name not just pass but giving good marx leading them to distinction but now I m seeing the results, they can't even treat uti, they make one sit at their place to write exams, most of them leak papers,in the end I got my answer to my post that it is not haraam to enter mc thru donation.i asked this question on islamicity forum, yahoo answers etc but none gave me ans with reference to Quran and I thank you for giving me wonderful answer and your views I truly appreciate it!!! ! JazakAllah khair.

ardianto
10-27-2014, 03:18 PM
in the end I got my answer to my post that it is not haraam to enter mc thru donation.i asked this question on islamicity forum, yahoo answers etc but none gave me ans with reference to Quran and I thank you for giving me wonderful answer and your views I truly appreciate it!!! ! JazakAllah khair.
Wait, wait!. There is difference between donation and bribe. When I entered that private university I still need to pass entrance test. Then after I accepted, I gave donation to university, and they used the money to build new facilities. This is pure donation.

But if you were asking about bribe which it could make you enter university without passing entrance test like other students, then I can't say this is halal.

naba
10-28-2014, 06:17 AM
I also gave entrance test and I did okay

fatimataybia46
11-11-2014, 09:39 AM
If you are able to afford medical school but still use donation as a means to get unfair advantage, then it's haram.

Assalamalecum wa rehmatullahi wa barakhatahu.Bismillah Ar Rehman Ar Raheem.i was with the grace of Allah a good student eespecially among muslims in my school I secured 82.8% in my 12th board exams, I was third in over 100 students in my chemistry coaching and I was one of the 3 who scored 90 marx in chemistry with all credit to Allah, but somehow I could not get desired score to enter government medical college so with some donation I got entry in private medical college in 2008, but at that time I didn't have much knowledge about Quran, and I felt guilty but when I read verse ch 3 v 103 in which Allah says that Allah had bestowed a rope(Quran), on us and asked us to hold it together and be not divided, by thisverse Allah forbids rreservation so government is implementing reservation in competitive exams means a sc st student need 120 from 200 to qualify while general need 180, is this just??? Many people say it is donation is haraam donation is haraam, but according to my search plz pardon if u know plz tell me I found no verse of this scenario, I think private institutions are doing trade which is not wrong because there is no guarantee of quality, a good doctor is one who is always ready for hardwork and always willing to learn.now I show u the another truth, my overall mbbs aggregrate is 57.4%, many will say its below par, but I was one of the 3 to 4 students who passed exams without any help, many colleagues secure good marx by leaking papers, in fact in government college of our city the teachers dictate answers of questions in surgery final exam to students, last year a special task force was hired and it showed that officials conducting exams did fraud by granting seats in government medical college for lacs to buyers, they leaked question papers as a result people like us were suffered,so my Question is is persuing education through donation in private institutes haraam????does this situation fits according to ch 2 v 188 of Quran??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!