/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslims in Canada! Will make you cry.

Iceee
10-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Why I am proud to be Canadian

So, some ***hole did this. RCMP are investigating. When the person responsible is found, I am certain they'll be punished to the fullest extent of the law (ie, sent to the Room With A Moose).

But then this happened...

People rallied around to clean up the graffiti.

And to post supporting messages.

Including our Canadian Forces members, who know that the Muslim population isn't to blame for one insane ***hole.

All clean. The best response to terrorism is to keep being who you were before. Let them know that at the end of the day they accomplished nothing.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
10-27-2014, 11:17 PM
I read about what you posted as well. It is nice to see that reaction.

Scimitar
10-27-2014, 11:32 PM
:) big smiles - may Allah reward the kind hearted and neighbourly, Ameen.

MuslimInshallah
10-27-2014, 11:38 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Thank you for posting this Iceee. You know, since last week's events (two lone-wolf converts to Islam who killed a couple of soldiers. One attacked Parliament, too), I've heard some really great things from non-Muslims. Our Prime Minister has tried to thump the drums of war over these incidents, but the people round me are not buying it. I vigorously reject Canadian Military action in Iraq, but we can resolve this political disagreement in a Canadian way: with dialogue and working against our current Prime Minister. There are elections that must be held by October 2015, and opposition parties do not agree with the present government's actions.

We have a peaceful country here. We like it this way. We are a very diverse bunch, but we can respect one another. I wish you could hear the supportive words of the non-Muslims here. And last month, you should have seen the way the Ottawa Police respected one of their Muslim colleagues who died. I was at the masjid for the janaza, and the Police put up a real show of support.

Since the defeat of the Quebec Provincial government last year that tried to drum up support for independence using islamophobia as a rallying point (they suffered their worst political defeat in 30 years), relations between people have been much better here. All that stirring up caused people to reach out to one another. And we have been continuing the dialogue ever since. There are still problems. Discrimination still exists. But I have been really heartened and moved by the sincere efforts of my fellow-Canadians- of all persuasions.

May Allah Bless all those who sincerely strive to do good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali Mujahidin
10-28-2014, 02:48 AM
Can you guys over there export some of this good-hearted level-headedness to other parts of the world? People behaving as human beings are becoming a threatened species.

MarlaJohnson
10-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Respected :Mosque:

Signor
10-29-2014, 02:38 AM
Reminds me of this article,I've read couple of days ago on UN website

The Nun and the Imam

As conflict flares in the Central African Republic, two faith leaders working with refugees appeal for peace and reconciliation

Iceee
11-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Woah, I log in and see so many likes and my reputation sky-rocket.

Ja'Zakullah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!