/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ten commandments

jameelash
11-01-2014, 07:34 PM

1) Heavy rains remind us of challenges in life. Never ask for a lighter rain. Just pray for a better umbrella. That is attitude.

2) When flood comes, fish eat ants & when flood recedes, ants eat fish.Only time matters. Just hold on, God gives opportunity to everyone!

3) Life is not about finding the right person, but creating the right relationship, it's not how we care in the beginning, but how much we care till ending.

4) Some people always throw stones in your path. It depends on you what you make with them, Wall or Bridge? Remember you are the architect of your life.

5) Every problem has (n+1) solutions, where n is the number of solutions that you have tried and 1 is that you have not tried. That’s life.

6) It is not important to hold all the good cards in life. But it’s important how well you play with the cards which you hold.

7) Often when we lose all hope & think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, `Relax dear it’s just a bend. Not the end'. Have Faith and have a successful life.

8) When you are sad, try to cheer up just go to the mirror and say, `**** I am really so cute` and you will overcome your sadness.

9) One of the basic differences between God and human is, God gives, gives and forgives. But human gets, gets, gets and forgets. Be thankful in life!

10) Only two types of persons are happy in this world. First is Mad and second is Child. Be Mad to achieve what you desire and be a Child to enjoy what you have achieved.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
11-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Was ready for commenting on the topic but as I read it, I found that it was a different ten commandments... lol.

Peace :shade:

BeTheChange
11-02-2014, 01:12 PM
I agree with most of the statements apart from this

8) When you are sad, try to cheer up just go to the mirror and say, `**** I am really so cute` and you will overcome your sadness.

I don't think looking in the mirror will overcome sadness. I suppose it depends on the individual but surely we should be addressing the sad aspect of our lives rather than looking in the mirror and admiring ourselves lol. :embarrass

Scimitar
11-02-2014, 02:10 PM
yeah, that would be really shallow... and sad in itself lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saif-uddin
11-03-2014, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting Nafs

I don't think looking in the mirror will overcome sadness. I suppose it depends on the individual but surely we should be addressing the sad aspect of our lives rather than looking in the mirror and admiring ourselves lol. :embarrass
True,

agree with akhi Scimitar,

when we are Sad/Depressed there is only one real real solution, that is Zikhr of Allah ta'ala as stated in the Quran.

the only thing that keeps us Sane our Deen,

otherwise we'd be living a pathetic existence like the rest of humanity.

Subhanallah

:jz:

ardianto
11-03-2014, 05:29 AM

The writer missed the important thing. We must look at the others before looking at ourselves in the mirror. Or, it will not work.

From my experience, look at the others and then look at myself can relieve sadness because it makes me realize that there are many other people who are more suffer than me. So, why don't I be grateful with what Allah has given to me?.

ali399
11-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Massallah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

jameelash
11-05-2014, 12:52 PM
I agree with above comments.wen we r sad the best medicine is to do dhikr nd quran.may be te author find himself better wen looking at the mirror.

Eshai
11-05-2014, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
9) One of the basic differences between God and human is, God gives, gives and forgives. But human gets, gets, gets and forgets. Be thankful in life!
At first, when thinking about this, in my mind I automatically went to the Platonic teaching of, "What can humans give to the gods which improves the gods?" Of course the answer to this is, "Nothing," in the material sense. And so the Platonic logic is to renounce the concept that the gods need anything from us (because in ancient Greece, people gave sacrifices to the gods).

And then I was thinking about my daughter. She likes to share things with me. She always wants to give me things she makes, and any food I give her, she wants to give some to me. At first when she got to the age of doing this, I would tell her, "No, that is for you. I want you to have it." But eventually I realized she got actual enjoyment by sharing with me. But she doesn't enjoy sharing with me for the same reason that I enjoy sharing with her. I enjoy sharing with her because it improves her (I feed her, and give her clothes, toys, and everything else she needs, and I love doing it because it benefits her). What she shares with me doesn't improve me, because I do not need anything she gives to me. Just as God doesn't really need anything that we give to him.

But just as I enjoy seeing my daughter enjoy the act of sharing for the sake of kindness and love, I imagine that God would feel the same and that this is the reason he wants us to share and to be kind. Not because God actually benefits in any way from what we do, but because through these acts we are improving ourselves, which pleases him.

See, I cannot imagine that God would want us to bow down to him on a regular basis ONLY because it feeds his ego. This can't be true. I believe the reality must be that bowing to God actually improves us, and benefits us more than it does God. Because there is nothing that we can give to God that God needs.

Thoughts?

jameelash
11-05-2014, 06:57 PM
well said brother

BeTheChange
11-05-2014, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eshai
At first, when thinking about this, in my mind I automatically went to the Platonic teaching of, "What can humans give to the gods which improves the gods?" Of course the answer to this is, "Nothing," in the material sense. And so the Platonic logic is to renounce the concept that the gods need anything from us (because in ancient Greece, people gave sacrifices to the gods).

And then I was thinking about my daughter. She likes to share things with me. She always wants to give me things she makes, and any food I give her, she wants to give some to me. At first when she got to the age of doing this, I would tell her, "No, that is for you. I want you to have it." But eventually I realized she got actual enjoyment by sharing with me. But she doesn't enjoy sharing with me for the same reason that I enjoy sharing with her. I enjoy sharing with her because it improves her (I feed her, and give her clothes, toys, and everything else she needs, and I love doing it because it benefits her). What she shares with me doesn't improve me, because I do not need anything she gives to me. Just as God doesn't really need anything that we give to him.

But just as I enjoy seeing my daughter enjoy the act of sharing for the sake of kindness and love, I imagine that God would feel the same and that this is the reason he wants us to share and to be kind. Not because God actually benefits in any way from what we do, but because through these acts we are improving ourselves, which pleases him.

See, I cannot imagine that God would want us to bow down to him on a regular basis ONLY because it feeds his ego. This can't be true. I believe the reality must be that bowing to God actually improves us, and benefits us more than it does God. Because there is nothing that we can give to God that God needs.

Thoughts?
Hi Eshai

That's a good way of looking at it. Your right every good deed we're commanded to carry out or observe has many many benefits to us. Some of the benefits we understand and can probably guess for example, the avoidance of drugs, lying, gambling, back-biting etc and others are no so obvious to us. There's always a reason behind every rule. Our knowledge is very limited and we will never fully grasp or have the full understanding. As a Muslim part of the test is believing in the unseen. Things we can't see or the mind can't envisage. This is what the test is all about.

Your also correct in thinking Allah swa (God) does not need our good deeds we need HIM. We have heaven or hell and there's no middle fence - this life is all about passing the test. Also one more thing that comes to mind is that God does not have any human attributes such as human feelings and emotions. It is a commandment that we follow, an instruction i.e. to pray, to fast, to be kind, etc - we're judged by out intentions first and foremost, then the quality of the deed and also the consistency. Hope that helps :-) Those are my views and ideas

Eshai
11-06-2014, 11:58 AM
God does not have any human attributes such as human feelings and emotions
Fascinating. I was unaware of this. What is meant when people say that God loves us, or God is angry? Is this just how we interpret God's response to us, rather than God having those feelings?

syed_z
11-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Fascinating. I was unaware of this. What is meant when people say that God loves us, or God is angry? Is this just how we interpret God's response to us, rather than God having those feelings?
Hello and peace be with you.

In the Quran Allah (swt) says that His are the Most Beautiful Names so Invoke Him by these:

(17:110) Say, "Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the most beautiful names."

Prophet Muhammad (saw) said "Allah has 99 Names, one hundred minus 1, so invoke Him by these Names."

So He is Al Karim (Most Generous), He is Al Wadood (Most Loving), He is Al Raoof (Most Kind), Al Wakeel (Disposer of affairs)

He is Al Karim (Most Generous) to the one who begs Him and He bestows, He is Al Raoof (Most Kind) and bestows upon whomsoever He Wills from among his creation, even though the slave didn't request, out of His Generosity. He is Al Wadood (Most Loving) to the slave by not giving him/her something he/she begs as it might not be the right time or it might not be good for them, and if they remain patient at His decision they come closer to Him. He is Al Wakeel (Disposer of Affairs), He becomes your Al Wakeel when you have no one to assist you in a crucial matter and you invoke Him through this attribute of His.

Another very important purpose of Allah (swt) sharing His Most Beautiful Names, not only for us to invoke Him through them, but also we are to imitate them. As Allah (swt) is Kind, we should be Kind to the creation, if He is Al Hakam (The Judge), then we should judge in all matters with complete justice, if He is As Salaam (Giver of Peace) so we should spread Peace among His creation and that is why our greetings is 'Asalaam O Alaikum' '(Allah's) Peace be upon you'.

When imitating, we are to follow the Messenger of Allah (saw) example as he imitated them in the most perfect manner.

These Most Beautiful Names are also to be recited during Zikr i.e. Remembrance of Allah (swt), as remembering Him through these gives one solace (while one keeps the meaning in mind) and gives them the feeling of being closer to Him, thus strengthening one's relationship with Allah (swt). Allah (Swt) says in the Quran:

(13:28) Those who have come to believe and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily, the hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah (swt).

These attributes cannot be interpreted or compared to human feelings and emotions as we humans have a weak nature which we're supposed to fight, we are ignorant, we are jealous, we are unjust,.

ardianto
11-07-2014, 01:16 AM
God loves us, but we love only those who we want to love. God angry for the right reason, but we often angry for the wrong reason.

God always objective. While we, the human, often subjective with our feeling and emotion.

MarlaJohnson
11-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Exactly :)

saif-uddin
11-09-2014, 10:54 AM
The Anger of Allah ta'ala and his Love cannot be compared to anything in creation,

On the Issue of Love and Mercy,

(Hadits Qudsi: narrated Bukhari) «لله أرحم بعباده من الأم بولدها» Umar Ibn al-Khattab (ra) relates that some prisoners were brought before Allah’s Messenger (saw) and amongst them was a woman who was frantically searching for someone in the crowd. When she found a baby amongst the prisoners, she took it in her arms, cradled it next to her chest and suckled it. So Allah’s Messenger (saw) said: “Do you think that this woman would ever throw her child into the fire?” We said: ‘By Allah, Never!’ So he said: “Allah is more merciful to His believing servants than that mother could ever be to her child.” [Bukhari (10/426) & Muslim (18/80)]

this Hadith shows how Little the Love and Mercy of Human beings and Animals pales in comparison to that of Allah ta'ala,

Imam Bukhari and Muslim reported that the prophet Shalallahu ‘alaihi wasallam said, “Allah has divided mercy into one hundred parts, and He kept ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down one part on the earth, and because of that, one single part. His creatures are merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoof away from its baby animal, so that she would not trample on it.

Subhanallah,

saif-uddin
11-09-2014, 10:58 AM
None of the Attributes of Allah ta'ala can be compared to anything and anyone in Creation,

Surah Ash-Shura : Ayah 11
-------------------------------
"The Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you mates from yourselves, and for the cattle (also) mates. By this means He creates you (in the wombs). There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer."

Subhanallah

:jkk:

Eshai
11-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Is it then that God does feel emotion, but simply in a way that we cannot understand? That is, it is not really emotion, but something we can only perceive as emotion?

Or, is it that God always feels the correct emotion in the correct way at the correct time, while humans do not?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!