/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watched "Paradise now"?

Snow
11-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Fun film.

It can be seen here:

I have no idea if it is free streaming or what. The mods can remove it if they want.

It has sneaky black humor and is pretty interesting.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
11-02-2014, 07:14 PM
getting into it... he's just been notified that he's going to tel aviv
:uuh:

edit: "can your wife not fix the camera?" ... I lol'd :D

Snow
11-02-2014, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
getting into it... he's just been notified that he's going to tel aviv
:uuh:

edit: "can your wife not fix the camera?" ... I lol'd :D
There is also a great line about if he has ever been to the cinema

saif-uddin
11-03-2014, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
Fun film.

It can be seen here:

I have no idea if it is free streaming or what. The mods can remove it if they want.

It has sneaky black humor and is pretty interesting.
Has women without Hijaab brothers please be warned.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
introspective
11-04-2014, 02:54 AM
I had mixed feelings after I watched it a few months ago.

It's too bad I don't remember the lighthearted moments since I just wanted to see the film's portrayal of the apartheid in that region.

Scimitar
11-04-2014, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
Has women without Hijaab brothers please be warned.
I lol'd again :D

I'm pretty sure that the men here see women without hijaab in real life all the time. Be warned!! :D ahhahahhaaaa too funny

Scimi

Scimitar
11-04-2014, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by introspective
I had mixed feelings after I watched it a few months ago.

It's too bad I don't remember the lighthearted moments since I just wanted to see the film's portrayal of the apartheid in that region.
There weren't many, just, I laugh a lot when I watch movies because I look at them from a directorial angle :D imagine the directors glee when he tells the actor, "you hold her hand this way and when she looks deep into your eyes, try not to wet yourself ok?" :D

I know I know, not in the movie - but in my head is real entertainment :D who said being John Malkovich wasn't fun? :D

Scimi

Snow
11-04-2014, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I lol'd again :D

I'm pretty sure that the men here see women without hijaab in real life all the time. Be warned!! :D ahhahahhaaaa too funny

Scimi
I was wondering if he was being serious, if so, good on him. But, like you said, many of us are exposed to that so we can't relate to it.
I wonder where to draw that line? A scene where someone is eating bacon or something?

If he was being serious, he was just trying to warn people that have the same values as him.
Nothing but being nice.

But about the humor; I found the scene where she is asking if he has been to the cinema. He goes "yes, once. When we burned it down" or something like that.
Kind of funny.

Scimitar
11-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah, the idiosyncracies of foreign countries sometimes become an unexpected muse for us. Like when I watched 7 Samurai (the old one) and fell in love with the pace of the movie, the subtleties that can be experienced if done correctly are amazing, unlike the uber-fast paced hollywood movies which give me panic attacks more than anything else due to their wanton need to over exaggerate every single idea and concept to its most extreme...

Take the fast and furious movies, I'm sure many of you will be like "yeah those are good"... but you ever seen real Arabian street races? Drifting? How about young lads in sandals and thowb, surfing the roads whilst hanging onto a car door? or how about this:

Crazy, yet you won't get a scene like that in no hollywood movie - and this is a real scene, not faked - whose really fast and furious now? :D they changed the wheels on the car whilst it was on road balancing on two wheels - that's really like - whoa dudes, you just made Vin Diesel look like he's playing with matchbox cars...

Vin Diesel can eat roti and grow a goatee for all I care :D

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!