/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Difference of opionon when it comes to music?

new2010
11-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Assalamualaikum,

what I've learned when it comes to music is, it is haram with an little exception, when it comes to woman while special days (marriage). That music woman are allowed to play is daff (duff, I don't know how to write), only.

There are brothers and sisters, they claim there is a difference of opinion. Is there really a difference? Should a Muslim know evidences for this or is it enough to know it's haram?

I don't ask, because I am interested in to listen music, I follow the ''opinion'' it's haram. Just want to know how to deal with it, when it comes to brothers and sisters.

Unfortunately, there are many Muslim, they call almost everything halal and say there is difference of opinion. And if you follow those (who claim it's haram), they talk to you as though you're radical or a wahabi and say there are schooler they allow it.

I don't know how to deal with this. Furthermore, when I am sure something is haram and one says it is halal, I tend to be a bit harsh. How can I work on this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
11-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Have you browsed through the threads on this subject? I came across at least 2 posts on this. Do look them up.

I commented before (not from any authority) in one of them. But there are plenty of opinions on the matter.

Peace :shade:

Muhaba
11-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Every ruling has to have evidence from Quran and Sunnah. Scholars cannot give verdicts from themselves without having evidence to base their verdict on. Scholars who claim that music (musical instruments) are halal, what evidence do they have?

We cannot simply accept a scholar's opinion without getting evidence. Remember that in the tafseer of the verse about the Jews taking their rabbis as gods, it is stated that it didn't mean that the Jews were worshiping their rabbis. Rather, they accepted whatever ruling their rabbis gave them without ascertaining whether the ruling was valid or not.

There is plenty of evidence in hadith to show that music is haram in Islam.

Muhaba
11-13-2014, 09:55 PM
They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah ...

(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah, and the Messiah, son of Maryam) ﴿9:31﴾. Imam Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Jarir At-Tabari recorded a Hadith via several chains of narration, from `Adi bin Hatim, may Allah be pleased with him, who became Christian during the time of Jahiliyyah. When the call of the Messenger of Allah reached his area, `Adi ran away to Ash-Sham, and his sister and several of his people were captured. The Messenger of Allah freed his sister and gave her gifts. So she went to her brother and encouraged him to become Muslim and to go to the Messenger of Allah . `Adi, who was one of the chiefs of his people (the tribe of Tai') and whose father, Hatim At-Ta'i, was known for his generosity, went to Al-Madinah. When the people announced his arrival, `Adi went to the Messenger of Allah wearing a silver cross around his neck. The Messenger of Allah recited this Ayah;

﴿اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَـرَهُمْ وَرُهْبَـنَهُمْ أَرْبَاباً مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ﴾

(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah). `Adi commented, "I said, `They did not worship them.''' The Prophet said,

«بَلَى إِنَّهُمْ حَرَّمُوا عَلَيْهِمُ الْحَلَالَ وَأَحَلُّوا لَهُمُ الْحَرَامَ فَاتَّبَعُوهُمْ فَذَلِكَ عِبَادَتُهُمْ إِيَّاهُم»

(Yes they did. They (rabbis and monks) prohibited the allowed for them (Christians and Jews) and allowed the prohibited, and they obeyed them. This is how they worshipped them.)

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...2565&Itemid=64

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!