/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Finding verses for day to day life

Caller الداعي
11-09-2014, 12:32 PM
I saw someone put this up so I thought it would be really good here

"...Why don't they ponder over the Quran?..."
I thought of starting a good exercise to help people think/look up verses of the Quran.

Here is how it works: we write down an experience we had in the day and everyone has a go at finding a relevant verse of the Quran to fit the experience.

So here goes: A car blocked the entrance to a car park making it difficult for others to get access.

e.g.O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.2:153

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
11-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Salaams,

Mine is an everyday one.

Verse 102:1 At Takathur.

Sahih translation is - competition in (worldly) increase diverts you.

Yet it is something I have to do. I ask in my solat, amongst other things, an honest living, and everyday I have to go to work.

How do I executive my duties of office in the cause of Him?

I know this is not really the idea of this thread, but the question has been begging and have not found a way to get it out..

Peace :shade:

fatimataybia46
11-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Great initiative. Event: Two persons get quarreled and used bad words.

Caller الداعي
11-10-2014, 10:12 AM
O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.). 11/49

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
11-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Nice one! Practice the spirit of - if you have nothing nice to say about a person, better to keep your mouth shut. ;D

Caller الداعي
11-11-2014, 10:16 AM
:D best thing to keep mouth shut lol

Caller الداعي
11-12-2014, 05:32 PM
event: the man went to the shop to buy a loaf of bread

greenhill
11-13-2014, 01:51 PM
وَأَنِ ٱسْتَغْفِرُوا۟ رَبَّكُمْ ثُمَّ تُوبُوٓا۟ إِلَيْهِ يُمَتِّعْكُم مَّتَٰعًا حَسَنًا إِلَىٰٓ أَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى وَيُؤْتِ كُلَّ ذِى فَضْلٍ فَضْلَهُۥ ۖ وَإِن تَوَلَّوْا۟ فَإِنِّىٓ أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ عَذَابَ يَوْمٍ كَبِيرٍ
And (commanding you): "Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance, that He may grant you good enjoyment, for a term appointed, and bestow His abounding Grace to every owner of grace (i.e. the one who helps and serves needy and deserving, physically and with his wealth, and even with good words). But if you turn away, then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
11:3

I suppose this also relates to the thread about "istighfar" posted a few weeks back.

Simple enough to do. . . But will we?

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!