/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe anyone of any religiion can really keep their views on religion priva

truthseeker63
11-09-2014, 03:17 PM
As Salamu Alaikum in my opinion I don't believe anyone of any religiion can really keep their views on religion private and separate from their political views in the West America and Europe there have been and still are Poitical Parties that call themselves Christian based and use the term Christian in their name same with Jews in politics many Christians want to ban Homosexual Marriages Abortion even Birth Control based on their Religion so I don't believe anyone can be Secular 100% only Atheists can like Communists what you think see this link it seems in the West only Muslims are told keep Religion out of Politics but Non Muslims are allowed to mix the two if they choose ?

Q: What do you have against religion?

A: I think there’s a myth in our society that belief is private. Belief is only private if it’s not really believed and it’s not making a point of contact with the world. But if your beliefs are about the world on any level, they are engines of behavior and emotion, so then it really matters what people believe is going on. If they believe the creator of the universe wants all human beings to live in a certain way, their beliefs are going to find a way into the public sphere, and no amendment to our Constitution is good enough to keep it out.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionande...nterview/3736/

Category:Political parties by religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...es_by_religion

Category:Christian political parties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...itical_parties

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

Not everyone same, brother.There are believers who really religious, there are those who never practice their religions. There are those who want everything and everyone among them must religious, there are who practice their religion privately. But majority are in the "middle".

Ali Mujahidin
11-10-2014, 03:11 AM
Sure, anyone can keep their views about their religion private. If they live alone on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere in the vast ocean. However, if you live among other people, as most people do, then your views about your religion will be reflected in your way of life and it would not be private any more.

MarlaJohnson
11-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Absolutely Agreed with ardianto

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pygoscelis
11-13-2014, 07:59 AM
Secularism is about keeping your religion to yourself only so much as to not push it on others. It benefits all of us in a multi-cultural society, because to practice our religions, we need freedom from the other religions. Secularism isn't just for atheists.

You should be allowed to do whatever you want, wear whatever you want, say whatever you want, worship however you want, until you cross the line of pushing it on somebody else.

format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
....only Atheists can like Communists ....
Huh? Why can't others like communism? there have been numerous religious communes throughout history.

greenhill
11-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Reading the above posts made me ponder on the points and I've come to realise that there is a distinction here;

What happens between you and Allah (entirely a private matter),

And

What happens between you and the co inhabitants of the earth, the religious doctrines will have to surface.

:peace:

greenhill
11-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Reading the above posts made me ponder on the points and I've come to realise that there is a distinction here;

What happens between you and Allah (entirely a private matter),

And

What happens between you and the co inhabitants of the earth, the religious doctrines will have to surface.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!