/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Know of any children's Islamic picturebooks?

Edu-Enriched
11-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

We (me and my wife) are working on publishing some high quality children's Islamic picture books on the companions (may Allah be pleased with them) and I was wondering if anyone knows of any that are already available? I'm talking about well-written and professionally illustrated books only, for ages 5-10 years, and in English.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
11-11-2014, 07:18 PM
I believe Darussalam Publishing company has some.

Edu-Enriched
11-11-2014, 08:13 PM
With all due to respect to Darussalam (and they are doing amazing work masha'Allah), a lot of their range for children is either not too well-written, poorly designed and/or written in language a bit too complicated for younger readers. They do stock books published by Learning Roots, which are quite good, but I feel that those aren't really story/picture books, they're more like workbooks.

What I'm really looking for are books parents want to read to their children or children pick out from their bookshelves, Islamic equivalents of "The Gruffalo" or the like.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!