/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it permissible to work in McDonalds?

NoWayJose
11-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Hey guys,

I've recently been offered an interview by McDonalds and I want to ask whether working at McDonalds is permissible or not. I know that the McDonalds will be serving pork and non-halal products such as beef and chicken but I'll ask whether I can work on tills, drive-thru, fries, drinks or dining area only. Is it permissible to work there but not work with the pork/beef? I'ts been hard finding a job lately and I've turned to McDonalds as a last resort. I don't want to work in McDonalds because I want to be around pork and beef but because I haven't found anywhere else to work.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karl
11-22-2014, 10:35 PM
MacDonald's is a Zionist business. A portion of their profits go to Israel to help fund the killing of Palestinians and all the wars of the Zionist occupied government countries. MacDonald's had the contract to feed the brigands that invaded Iraq and probably Afghanistan. They also pay minimum wages and work you hard. They are basically evil.
Try working for a small local business, they will treat you like a valued employee instead of another slave.

BTW the Zionists have shares in every large company so it is very hard to not inadvertently support them. And so do the Saudis.

YusufNoor
11-23-2014, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoWayJose
Hey guys,

I've recently been offered an interview by McDonalds and I want to ask whether working at McDonalds is permissible or not. I know that the McDonalds will be serving pork and non-halal products such as beef and chicken but I'll ask whether I can work on tills, drive-thru, fries, drinks or dining area only. Is it permissible to work there but not work with the pork/beef? I'ts been hard finding a job lately and I've turned to McDonalds as a last resort. I don't want to work in McDonalds because I want to be around pork and beef but because I haven't found anywhere else to work.

:sl:

where do you live and what skills do you have? i ask, because i have a few decades experience in the restaurant and hotel biz.

if you have to work, you have to work. i suggest you network amongst Muslims friends, here and locally.

May Allah make it easy on you!

ma salama

Snow
11-23-2014, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
BTW the Zionists have shares in every large company so it is very hard to not inadvertently support them.
Amazing (mostly scary), considering that the jews are under 0.2% of the population on this planet.

But to the thread starter: do it if you have to. But if you do get it, keep applying for other jobs, as you have that one.
At worst nothing comes out of it. At best, you get something better.

Nothing to lose.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jameelash
11-23-2014, 07:56 AM
if u have any doubt look for another job. but dont leave the previous till u acquire a new job.

new2010
11-23-2014, 04:23 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by http://islamqa.info/en/1830
Praise be to Allaah.
If a Muslim cannot find work that is permissible according to sharee’ah, he may work in restaurants run by kaafirs, so long as he himself does not directly deal with pouring wine or carrying it or making it or selling it. The same applies to serving pork and other haraam things.
format_quote Originally Posted by http://islamqa.info/en/85191
To sum up: there is nothing wrong with you working in this store, so long as you do not help with anything haraam by selling it, collecting it, carrying it or any other kind of help.
Please go to the referred sites and read the complete two Fataawa. I've enclosed the links in the quotation.

I would additionally advice you to look up for another job. It's always better to not mix up with haraam. I made similarly mistake by looking for a job in restaurants and hotels. This is difficult, especially when you've no skills that are necessary for that job, moreover in countries that don't care about halal and haraam. From experience I would suggest to look for jobs in retails as helper or in depots.

May Allah make it easy for you and give your risq from halal source.

Karl
11-23-2014, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
Amazing (mostly scary), considering that the jews are under 0.2% of the population on this planet.

But to the thread starter: do it if you have to. But if you do get it, keep applying for other jobs, as you have that one.
At worst nothing comes out of it. At best, you get something better.

Nothing to lose.
The Jews are the most intelligent of people by IQ studies. Their numbers are higher than you think as they take on names and even religions or atheism of their host countries. If they were mostly benevolent they would be an asset. But the benevolent ones are chided by the majority of them. The malevolent ones will even sacrifice their own to get ahead. Their fatal flaws are their arrogance, being where they are not wanted, stifling oppression, business and global manipulation and the coveting of money which they think they can take over the world with.
Money isn't everything, freedom is.

BTW. I saw a journalist report of a Jewish arms dealer selling rockets to Palestinians. The English Journalist questioned him and said "but these will be used to attack Israel". The dealer replied " I don't care what they do, this is business"

Snow
11-23-2014, 11:29 PM
The Jews are the most intelligent of people by IQ studies. Their numbers are higher than you think as they take on names and even religions or atheism of their host countries. If they were mostly benevolent they would be an asset. But the benevolent ones are chided by the majority of them. The malevolent ones will even sacrifice their own to get ahead. Their fatal flaws are their arrogance, being where they are not wanted, stifling oppression, business and global manipulation and the coveting of money which they think they can take over the world with.
Money isn't everything, freedom is.

BTW. I saw a journalist report of a Jewish arms dealer selling rockets to Palestinians. The English Journalist questioned him and said "but these will be used to attack Israel". The dealer replied " I don't care what they do, this is business"
I guess a big part of that is because they are raised with arrogance. That they are god's chosen people, above all other.
They are also more prone to serious mental illnesses http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.560128

Variations of the DNST3 gene make Ashkenazi Jews 40 percent more likely to develop schizophrenia and similar diseases

greenhill
11-24-2014, 05:45 AM
:offtopic:

Makes me wonder...... it seems that there are more and more 'barriers' to employment. The more 'learned' of aware we become, the more limitations we face in our choice of employment. Especially in this day an age where you have to get a job. If not, you just won't make it. Without proper employment we arem't able to buy car, own a place etc, without which, most of the 'necessities' become very much harder to get.

There simply isn't enough jobs that would strictly cater for muslim way. Allahu alim . .

hisnameiszzz
12-06-2014, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoWayJose
Hey guys,

Salaams.

I would suggest that you go for the interview. They have not offered you the job, so it's OK to be concerned about their ethics but they have not yet offered you the job.

If I was in your position and was struggling to get a job, I would possibly accept the job if they offered it to me, but as soon as I was working for them, I would be looking for other jobs. However, I would have a big issue as I am a vegetarian so touching any kind of meat would make me want to throw up.

As someone mentioned, most of the large and even some small companies are owned by Zionists. I know a lot of Muslims who work for Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys which are all Zionist affiliated supermarkets. They do not work there because they want to, they just can't find any other jobs. I know some people who stopped working for Tesco after the recent Gaza massacres, but those people are now out of a job and are struggling financially.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you. You could always just go to the interview, so you get some interview experience. If they offer you the job, you don't have to say yes. You could always say you have changed your mind.

Salaams.

Karl
12-06-2014, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
I guess a big part of that is because they are raised with arrogance. That they are god's chosen people, above all other.
They are also more prone to serious mental illnesses http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.560128
Yes and the Ashkenazi Jews hold court in Israel a land they have no blood ties with. Only the Semitic Jews have blood ties with Israel and they are closely related to the Palestinians. If the fascist Ashkenazi Jews were expelled from Israel peace may have a chance but they rule the USA and Europe so there will not be peace in the Middle East until they are cast down in the USA and Europe.

BTW Mac Donald's food causes obesity and heart disease. They have salads but who in their right minds are going to eat a salad with the aroma of burgers and fries and delicious deserts. Drool

aflawedbeing
12-07-2014, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
:offtopic:

Makes me wonder...... it seems that there are more and more 'barriers' to employment. The more 'learned' of aware we become, the more limitations we face in our choice of employment. Especially in this day an age where you have to get a job. If not, you just won't make it. Without proper employment we arem't able to buy car, own a place etc, without which, most of the 'necessities' become very much harder to get.

There simply isn't enough jobs that would strictly cater for muslim way. Allahu alim . .
So true. It's horrid.
Maybe our own brothers and sisters need to get up off their butts and start up business to benefit the Ummah and provide employment? :P

Futuwwa
12-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Bloody hell, stop this nonsensical Zionist this and Zionist that. McDonalds is a joint stock company traded on the stock exchange, it's neither any more or less Zionist-owned than any other publicly traded company. Individual franchises exist all over the world, including in Israel. Incidentally, the owner of the Israeli franchise of McDonalds is even a dissident and a peace activist who refuses to establish any restaurants in Israeli West Bank settlements.

Who is worse, the slanderer or the one who uncritically believes and propagates it? You're no different from stupid rednecks who hate Muslims because of something they heard on Fox News.

Karl
12-10-2014, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Bloody hell, stop this nonsensical Zionist this and Zionist that. McDonalds is a joint stock company traded on the stock exchange, it's neither any more or less Zionist-owned than any other publicly traded company. Individual franchises exist all over the world, including in Israel. Incidentally, the owner of the Israeli franchise of McDonalds is even a dissident and a peace activist who refuses to establish any restaurants in Israeli West Bank settlements.

Who is worse, the slanderer or the one who uncritically believes and propagates it? You're no different from stupid rednecks who hate Muslims because of something they heard on Fox News.
Fox News is Zionist too.

BlueOwl358
12-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with them) reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying in the Year of Victory while he was in Mecca: Verily Allah and His Messenger have forbidden the sale of wine, carcass, swine and idols, It was said: Allah's Messenger, you see that the fat of the carcass is used for coating the boats and varnishing the hides and people use it for lighting purposes, whereupon he said: No, it is forbidden, Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: May Allah the Exalted and Majestic destroy the Jews; when Allah forbade the use of fat of the carcass for them, they melted it, and then sold it and made use of its price (received from it). (Sahih Muslim 1581)

"Say, "I do not find within that which was revealed to me [anything] forbidden to one who would eat it unless it be a dead animal or blood spilled out or the flesh of swine - for indeed, it is impure - or it be [that slaughtered in] disobedience, dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], then indeed, your Lord is Forgiving and Merciful."" (Quran 6:145)

Selling of Wine, Carcasses, Pig and Idol is Haram along with Animal Fat. I would suggest you to find another job other than this even if the pay is lower.

And the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us an important principle when he said: “When Allaah forbids a thing, He (also) forbids its price.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3488)

The job you have stated would be against Islamic criteria and be counted as a sin unless it is of the utmost necessity. I highly doubt that McDonalds would accept that you not sell Pork as they can easily find someone else for their job, so that is also likely a bust. Unless you absolutely do not need to, do not accept that job. If you find any Halal Job, accept it no matter how low the pay.

But if this job becomes absolutely must, then you are allowed to take it for the sake of income, but I suggest you look some more. The whole question and wording, make me believe that this is not really a last resort but I can't possibly know. There is always something else, and it is God's job to provide with income or not according to his will, so if he wishes you will easily find a Halal job (In Sha Allah), so pray rather than jump into things.

"And do not say about what your tongues assert of untruth, "This is lawful and this is unlawful," to invent falsehood about Allah. Indeed, those who invent falsehood about Allah will not succeed." (Quran 16:116)0

Futuwwa
12-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Fox News is Zionist too.
And McDonalds isn't.

Snow
12-10-2014, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
And McDonalds isn't.
the former CEO from 1998-2002 is a known zionist. Jack Greenberg.
I doubt a such a huge corporation would have a known zionist running things unless it is leaning towards that opinion. Even supported the jewish united fund, that puts money towards buying weapons and so on for israel.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!