/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ayaat (verses) to memorise

Hulk
11-23-2014, 08:05 AM
I would like to post some verses which I would like to memorise, verses that reach out to me, that I should reflect on. I won't exactly be sharing my reflection of the verses here as the point of this thread is just to place the verses which I would like to memorise. You are welcome to share verses too, and of course welcome to share your reflection of it too if you would like.

Format will be

Sura name
Sura:ayah

Arabic (image or text, preferably image as the text might not appear for some)
Transliteration (optional)
English translation

Suggestion for source: Quran.com (You have the options to view the arabic, english translation as well as transliteration)
2:183

Transliteration: Ya ayyuha allatheena amanookutiba AAalaykumu assiyamu kamakutiba AAala allatheena min qablikum laAAallakumtattaqoon

Translation: O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint,-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
11-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Interesting..

Not just for Ramadan, I take it. Including those special days and on Mondays and Thursdays? Or is it Tuesdays and Thursdays?

That would be supreme.

:shade:

Hulk
11-23-2014, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Interesting..

Not just for Ramadan, I take it. Including those special days and on Mondays and Thursdays? Or is it Tuesdays and Thursdays?

That would be supreme.
It also has to do with taqwa (reverential fear, God consciousness) though it may not be as apparent in the english translation. :)
Wallahu a'lam

-------------------------
Here is another one I would like to memorise..
Also, one can use this website to see a word by word translation.
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...er=54&verse=17
54:17

Transliteration: Walaqad yassarna alqur-ana liththikrifahal min muddakir

Translation: And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

Hulk
11-24-2014, 06:00 AM
4:82

Transliteration: Afala yatadabbaroona alqur-anawalaw kana min AAindi ghayri Allahi lawajadoo feehiikhtilafan katheera

Translation: Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
11-27-2014, 10:49 AM
42:11

Transliteration: Fatiru assamawatiwal-ardi jaAAala lakum min anfusikum azwajanwamina al-anAAami azwajan yathraokum feehilaysa kamithlihi shay-on wahuwa assameeAAu albaseer

Translation: (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!