/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What means "sahwah" in English?

Hasbunullah
11-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Salam maleikum dear muslims,

everytime when I hear something about IS than they talk about the "sahwah" what does it mean and
who are they?

Ma3 selamti

your brohter in diin

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam, welcome to the forum.

"Sahwa" (awakening) is an Iraqi Sunni militia group that fight IS.

EDIT: But maybe they do not talk about this militia group. So, may I know example of conversation which mention "sahwah"?.

Hasbunullah
11-24-2014, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wa'alaikumsalam, welcome to the forum.

"Sahwa" (awakening) is an Iraqi Sunni militia group that fight IS.

Thats what I'm was looking for ! Gazakalahu kheiran !

But why Sunni fights against Sunni? If you could explain me why is that so I really would appreciate it.

Ma3 selamati

ardianto
11-26-2014, 03:07 PM
IS establish khilafah and want to expand their area also force every Muslim to pledge allegiance to their caliph. But not all Sunni are willing to join IS khilafah and give their land to IS. It cause conflict between IS and Sunni tribes that refuse to join IS. Sahwah is those Sunni tribes militia group.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!