/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims are slaves of god??

Freya
11-30-2014, 08:02 PM
I figured this out accidently because of my username. So is it true that as a Muslim you profess to be a slave to your god?
I found this odd considering I make the same claim and I am curious if this is something held by all if not most Muslims.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
11-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Hello Freya,

We are God's slaves. There is just One God.

We are not slaves in the abusive, American sense of the word. We are slaves in the sense that we own nothing, and we are utterly dependent on Him. And we, being God's creation, belong to Him. A bit like a painting belongs to the artist who painted it.

(smile) It is a beautiful thing. And it illustrates our intimate connection with God. There is nothing cruel or abusive about being God's slave.

May God Bless you for your questions, and Guide you to satisfying answers.

Freya
11-30-2014, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Hello Freya,

We are God's slaves. There is just One God.

We are not slaves in the abusive, American sense of the word. We are slaves in the sense that we own nothing, and we are utterly dependent on Him. And we, being God's creation, belong to Him. A bit like a painting belongs to the artist who painted it.

(smile) It is a beautiful thing. And it illustrates our intimate connection with God. There is nothing cruel or abusive about being God's slave.

May God Bless you for your questions, and Guide you to satisfying answers.
I share the same opinion but I thought I was somehow unique on this :D. I took a bunch of RE classes in my undergraduate classes and I noticed how people shied away from the notion that if a god is responsible for creation then everything created is thus property of that god including mankind. Christians love to say "children of god" but that always seemed inaccurate considering the lack of birthing.
I guess Americans hate it because it gives a negative opinion since they endured slavery for over a century with the black population.

Pygoscelis
11-30-2014, 10:28 PM
I suppose that being a slave means you don't have to be responsible to anyone but your master and don't have to worry about decisions you make, so long as they are obedient to him. It also makes obedience to your master synonomous with your sense of morality, does it not?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karl
11-30-2014, 10:29 PM
At the end of the day everything is a slave of Allah as Allah is the supreme Lord of everything.

Karl
11-30-2014, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I suppose that being a slave means you don't have to be responsible to anyone but your master and don't have to worry about decisions you make, so long as they are obedient to him. It also makes obedience to your master synonomous with your sense of morality, does it not?
Let's take a Godless angle. What about the matrix time continuum and the laws of physics, is everything a slave to that? Very young children may think they can fly off the garage roof but learn they are enslaved by gravity. Do you believe in gravity or disbelieve in it?

Freya
11-30-2014, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Let's take a Godless angle. What about the matrix time continuum and the laws of physics, is everything a slave to that? Very young children may think they can fly off the garage roof but learn they are enslaved by gravity. Do you believe in gravity or disbelieve in it?
This can be godless or godful but we are indeed bound by physical laws and are slaves to it. Neuroscience even shows us that we are slaves to our own cognition. Physics has pretty much rooted out any notion of homo sapien power or rule. We are without a doubt the most oppression creatures in the galaxy perhaps because we are aware of being oppressed

Snow
12-01-2014, 02:58 AM
I would say more than a slave.
Slaves are forced, not going with a self proclaimed total submission

Karl
12-01-2014, 06:49 AM
True, but morality is subjective and not universal and also changes so it is not a constant. Morality and ethics are Humanist conjectures, they do not compute, they cannot be converted into mathematics or pure logic. That's why Allah is so important and the tenets of Islam are the rock that people can cling to. The guiding light in the darkness of confusion.

Futuwwa
12-01-2014, 10:18 PM
If there is an omnipotent being, does it not follow that everyone else are slaves of that being? You're not free if you can do absolutely nothing without your master first choosing to allow it to happen. Which would be true for anything that happens in a universe where there's a being which is both omniscient and omnipotent.

Pygoscelis
12-02-2014, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Are the concepts of sentience and obedience not important to that of slavery? if Slavery means nothing but doing what you can't not do, I think it loses most of its meaning.

ardianto
12-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Are the concepts of sentience and obedience not important to that of slavery? if Slavery means nothing but doing what you can't not do, I think it loses most of its meaning.
Relationship between human and God is unlike relationship between master and slave in slavery, but between the creator and His creation. However, in this relationship human should lower him/herself in front of God. "Slave/servant of God" actually is metaphorical term which used in spiritual relationship between someone and God. This term cannot be interpreted literally, and cannot be used to describe relationship between God and mankind in general.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!