/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the NW

Deistguy
12-02-2014, 05:54 AM
Hello all!

I'm a recently unconvinced Christian interested in looking into the faith of Islam. A little about me, I came to be a Christian after living the hedonistic life of a party goer. However, having become religious out of emotion and not informed seeking, I was never truly familiar with the bible like I should have been. Now that I have a more grounded knowledge of the bible, I simply can't ignore the blatant contradictions inherit in it's teachings. Perhaps staying in the church for Tocquevillian reasons might have been an option, but I simply couldn't sit through a service anymore and keep my dignity. Despite this I still remain convinced in the one God, philosophy and science continuing to support that conclusion. and I would not be bereft of his true religion should I find it outside of Christianity.

Anyways I appreciate the forum and look forward to healthy dialectics with you all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Very relevant intro to self.. :D Good that you are 'brought' here. The clarification in Islam section might be of interest to you.

In the world today, people tend to believe what is said especially propaganda stuff without first researching the truth before 'blindly accepting what is said in the media. That is unfortunate. As much as some turn away from finding out for themselves, it appears to also to have spurred others to finding out for themselves. I suppose it works both ways...

On your quest to find your answers, I find it in islam. There is no contradiction and it is a flexible guide based on logic and reasoning followed by submission to the Will of Allah.

My suggestion is to browse YouTube and listen to Jeffrey Lang on 'The Purpose of Life' (about 90 minutes). As a muslim, it really helped me a lot after listening to him explain. Beautiful.

If you find that what he is saying agreeable to you, the rest of your journey into discovery becomes a lot easier...

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Muslim Woman
12-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Hello

Welcome here . Pl. browse the forum and feel free to ask about Islam in related threads.

MuslimInshallah
12-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Peace to you Deistguy,

(smile) Welcome to the Forum. It is so nice when people add their voices to the choir. I like your intro, and your first post is very interesting. (smile) We don't have all the answers here, and you may find quite a wide variety of opinions on a subject. So please, don't take what we say as the absolute Truth of Islam. But I personally find this Forum enriching. I hope you do, too.

May God, the One, Guide you ever towards Himself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!