/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confusion!

anonymous
12-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Good evening everyone.

I am a male from the UK in my 20s.

I recently found out that my Dad was on benefits a year or two after I was born. The thing is there was nothing wrong with him and he could have worked. The Doctor put him on some kind of illness certificate so he could claim benefits. It wasn't disability benefits or anything major like that, just some kind of benefit that someone who is mildly ill and cannot work is put on. Dad is no longer with us, he died a few years ago.

I was wondering if the fact that he claimed these benefits is the reason why I have a very messed up family? A gay brother and a brother who cannot stop lying (both grown men). Anything that can go wrong normally goes wrong for us. Technically the money that bought our food was all haram because he was not genuinely ill.

Is this something I should worry about? I was a child when all this happened so I guess I had no control over it.

PS. Claiming these illness benefits when not actually being ill is very common in my area. A Gujerati patient normally keeps the Gujerati Doctor happy with fried food and mithai to get him to sign them off work. Back in the day, it could go on for a very long time. Loads of non Muslims do this too, but I guess if they have no faith and rules, it makes no difference to them, just free money.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karl
12-06-2014, 11:34 PM
The reason is there are not enough jobs due to technology and globalization. I would not be surprised if a kind of community wage will be given out in time instead of unemployment benefit as the West cannot compete with the East at production at very low cost. One party here had the idea of giving everybody enough money to live on, a small wage and it doesn't matter if they work or how rich they were as the cost of welfare bureaucracy is more expensive than just putting some money in every bodies bank account electronically. But it would stop if you leave the country. Of course you would need to be a citizen. I think that is a brilliant idea. Most parties have the 19th century attitude that everybody should have a job but the jobs just are not there and never will be unless there is a big war.

greenhill
12-07-2014, 04:20 AM
Personally, I feel it has more to do with other factors than just about claiming the benefits.

If a family is surviving on minimal income other stresses of life also comes into play and it is hard to see where it all started to to go the 'wrong' way if the conclusion is pinned to the claiming of benefits.

I believe it is incremental incidents that contributed to this.

What is important is how you plan to live your life. Allah is most Forgiving.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!