/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Cartoons really haraam?

Kaizelle
12-14-2014, 01:00 AM
Ok, drawing is my passion. I draw cartoons almost every day, and i heard it might be haram. I hope not, because it would be VERY hard to let it go....imsad

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-14-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm not too learned about these finer rulings. There's more than a life's work to learn.

I try to make it simple for myself. And if I come across these kind of questions, I look at the basic, the root for every intention, because that is the pre determining factor. Ultimately, everything should be done in the cause of Allah. If it is not in His cause, when it all matters at the end of the day, it counts for nothing.

Wrong intention can make the act haram. Can't think of an example off hand, (and not to break my chain of thought), hence the likes of music, like art, can be very, very consuming that we forget Allah, music especially, with influential lyrics and corrupting messages. (I do indulge in that too).

I love to draw, paint sketch (and in some classes there were nude models:nervous:), play guitar, piano (not so good) ride bikes, (used to enjoy fast driving), sing, (occasionally still do in the car along with my cd), so many things I do that is not so good, strictly speaking, but I try not to neglect my duty to my deen. . . So when I ride my bike, I recite verses that I know. I try to keep a balance. Prepare for Hereafter and enjoy the world. (and be kind) :D

My point is, do not allow it to distract you.

:peace:

greenhill
12-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Didn't realise this is your first post.
Welcome to the forum.

Have a great stay. :shade:

MuslimInshallah
12-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Kaizelle,

Welcome to the Forum. (smile) You realize, I hope, that we are not scholars. We have ideas and opinions, and sometimes we bring evidence for our opinions, but at the end of the day, there is a lot we don't know.

I'm afraid I don't have time right now to look into this question in any depth. (smile) And I'm hoping that other posters may have some insights! But greenhill has a good point: intentions count.

Personally, I think, that if you are drawing cartoons for your own pleasure in a book (they're a great way of expressing feelings for teenagers, I find. (twinkle) Mine have done this. Still do, sometimes), I see no problem. Hanging your artwork, I am less sure of. Earning for your artwork, I am also not sure of. From the top of my head, I have found that drawing is a bit of a grey zone among scholars classically.

Anyway, I have to run!

Hugs to you Kaizelle. Please feel free to add your voice to this Forum!

May Allah, the Kind and Generous, Help us to be gentle with one another, and Guide us to deeper understandings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!