/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why I believe in Jesus

PassByTheWord
12-19-2014, 06:07 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snow
12-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Not a really strong argument as you just back it up with personal feelings.
There are Muslims, buddhists, ancient scandinavian norse gods believers, satanists, shamanists, rastafari...
All have the same conviction.
It would be more fun if you would come with some strong argument that Jesus is god.
Just to get a good conversation going.

Hulk
12-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi PassByTheWord, promoting of religions other than Islam is not allowed. Please take some time to read the rules of the forum.

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?..._liforum_rules

"15. Promoting Religions other than Islam
While interfaith discussions are allowed, promoting another religion is not allowed on the discussion board. This discussion board was created to promote Islam, not another religion. There are many other discussion boards on the Web which you can promote your religion other than Islam."

Scimitar
12-20-2014, 02:24 AM
Good for you. One thing though - you wanted to have your faith strengthened by coming here? You'll quickly realise that we really are quite indifferent to your beliefs as they don't affect ours at all PBTW, so what we see here - is amusement and popcorn moments.

Much like me going to a Christians forum and then in my OP I claim "I believe in Islam and Allah and Muhammad as the messenger of Allah - peace be upon him, with all my heart, all my mind and all my soul" - the Christians will be thinking "oh look, another religious zealot Muslim is here to test his mettle - let's all grab our popcorns and enjoy the show" - see my point?

Not very smart to start your first post this way - what you should do is reconcile the things our faiths have in common first, and then, when we've built up a solid foundation of mutual respect - we can further tackle the more difficult topics, with less animosity and more understanding and patience for each other - would you not agree with this method?

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
12-20-2014, 08:09 AM
I believe in Jesus, or Isa as he I referred to in the Quran.

I don't believe him any less than I believe in prophet Muhammad (saw) or any other prophets. They are all prophets sent to the people of the times.

Why I do? Because through Islam I can see the message conveyed by the prophets related to the unity of Allah the Most (everything Great).

The are some prophets I know more about than others and each had their own unique story.

I follow the ways of the last and the 'seal' of the prophets who's message ultimately is to worship the Lord by the name of Allah directly. Only with Christianity do we have this inconsistency in what was a consistent message to worship Lord, Allah.

No prophet had the followers worship him. Not Abraham, not Moses, Solomon or even Muhammad (pbtta) only Jesus. Isn't it odd?

M.I.A.
12-20-2014, 03:24 PM
i believe in him aswell pbuh.

although what people say and do are not always the same thing.

please find it in your heart to understand that an eternal message does not change, our understanding of it does...

i find it hard to follow the official line, maybe as you expand your answers we will see more or less of you.

kind regards for the holiday season.

Insaanah
12-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Greetings.

Your posts just state your Christian beliefs, but don't ask any questions about Islam. The purpose of the forum is to promote Islam, not other religions, as has been mentioned to you a couple of times before.

As Muslims, our love and resect for Jesus (peace be upon him), and our belief in him, is stronger than that of any Christian. Why? Because you believe in Jesus (peace be upon him) according to the words of Paul and other anonymous authors of the NT. We believe in Jesus (peace be upon him) according to the words of God, not the words of any human. He is a Prophet and messenger of Islam. You worship our prophet; we worship his Creator and our Creator, the same Creator he worshipped and preached to others to worship.

You are at one extreme with your belief regarding Jesus (peace be upon him). The Jews rejected and blasphemed him, and the Christians went to the other wrong extreme of believing him to be God. As Muslims, we believe in him as he actually was - one of the noblest and purest of humanity to ever walk the earth, and one of the greatest messengers of Allah, sent to the Children of Israel. We do not reject him (as Jews do), nor do we deify him (as Christians do). Neither he, nor any other messenger, ever claimed divinity, or to be God's son. We believe he was born miraculously of the noble virgin Mary (peace be on her), and that he is the messiah. We do not however, believe that he died or was crucified. He'll return to earth near the end of time.

Neither Jesus (peace be upon him), nor anybody else is your saviour. You have been previously referred to a thread on salvation.

Jesus (peace be upon him) brought the same message from God that all the other prophets before him brought, which was for people to worship the One True God, without any associate in His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet.

We have also been told what Jesus (peace be upon him) will say on Judgement Day:

And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as gods besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

If You should punish them - indeed they are Your servants; but if You forgive them - indeed it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. (Quran 5:16-118)

You see, in Islam, there is only One God. He alone should be worshipped. He is our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.

He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, spouses, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort.

He is eternal and does not die. He does not depend on anyone/anything yet we all depend on Him. He is free of all want and need.

There is nothing like Him.
He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, Incomparable, the Creator of the Universe.

He did not/does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him
. He is not mixed up in His creation in any way.

He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, nor any intermediaries. And no denying of God's existence either.

There are no sharers, associates, persons or parts whatsoever in His exclusive Divinity. Simply, He is One, in every sense.

If you have any questions about Islam, please feel free to ask them, but please note that further threads without any purpose and simply reiterating your beliefs wil not be entertained.

Thread closed.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!