/* */

PDA

View Full Version : this ayah... It describes our generation so accurately

Fainoz
12-23-2014, 05:25 AM
"And there followed after them a generation who neglected the salaat and followed there desires..."
(Excerpt and rough translation of verse 59 of surah Maryam)
Very sad isn't it? It seems like our generation has completely normalized missing the prayers to the point that only the devoted seeming of the bunch get up to pray whereas if we look at the generation before us although they are far from religious we know that most of them do not consider skipping of salawat as something they do, and usually among them only the faasiq seeming ones miss the salaat i.e. the ones who smoke drink etc. And in our generation people who would never do those things due to its being haram, still themselves miss salaat!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
12-23-2014, 10:43 PM
It's very true and very scary.

I'm very aware of this issue and focusing on my daily salaahs alhamdulilah.

Another thing which is concerning is when people (generally speaking) advise each other you can make up for your salaah in the evening and you don't need to pray at the appointed times if you have work, school, college, uni etc. This attitude is also worrying as i've never come across a hadith that exempts you from praying if your at work/college etc.

When it's salaah time - it's salaah time - We should pray at the appointed times and not play catch up.

I find it a struggle at work i'll be honest especially when i have to do my wuzu but alhamdulilah i manage to get my salaahs in and feel much better for it. Our prayer room is actually getting busy and you have to wait sometimes (if a brother is the prayer room) but it's an amazing feeling when you see young Muslims praying Alhamdulilah. Brings a smile to your heart.

Haz35
12-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Weve got a prayer room at our school and we do a prayer every Friday. Unfortunately we do our prayer at lunch times so some younger students who have lunch at a later time cant join us because they are in lesson. imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!