/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Madressah Mastermind

hisnameiszzz
12-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Salaams all.

Hope everyone is well.

Just last week, my local community centre had a competition for children from Madressah. It was called Madressah Mastermind (a bit like the general knowledge tv quiz) and children from 6 local Madressahs entered. There were 3 groups, 10 year olds, 11 year olds, 12 year olds. Each group had 6 kids. Each kid was called up one by one from each group. They then selected an envelope an envelope out of 6, took a seat on the stage and were asked 12 questions each ranging from questions about daus, kalimaah, akhlaaq, the Prophet's life, famous battles, sunnats, faradh and various other things children of that age learn. They were then given a score, wrong questions were discussed, and they were then told to sit back down until that group had finished. The questions got harder as the ages of the kinds went up. I must admit, I struggled with a lot of the questions. The children did really really well. Mashallah.

The competition was awesome. 2 children from my old Madressah came first! Woohoo. It was a very enjoyable event and a lot of people attended. They are intending on having another one soon. The winners of each group got a big cash prize, the runner up got slightly less, the third one get slightly less and the 3 who came at the bottom also got a cash prize.

I really enjoyed the event. It's a shame things like this did not happen when I was younger.

Do any of your Madressahs / community centres have events like this? I think they should definitely be promoted. It was a great way to learn more about Islam and recap on things that may have been forgotten. Plus with a cash incentive for everyone, the kids seemed really happy to give it a shot.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!