/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help me.

Beats
01-08-2015, 06:37 AM
A Salaam Slaikum.
My name is Zaki, im having problems with something. Im starting to change. I dont lie,steal,swear or any of that. I pray sometimes and parents want me to. I play video games and when my parents need something from me i get abit angry and i can sometimes have attitude and i want to stop it. I fast all of Ramadan.

My help is , i want to change from the bad, i have a addiction to something bad to :/ :cry: (not drugs) but i want to change for everything the shaton is really getting to me.

I need advice please. Also tell me will Allah forgive all my bad sins? Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
01-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Walaikumasalaam brother Zaki - welcome to the forum you've made a good step by registering yourself to this forum. If you visit on a daily or weakly basis - read an article and implement what you have read in sha Allah you will be on a journey where your perfecting your character and emaan. in sha Allah.

I think it's important not to be too ambitious otherwise it all gets too much. Start off with the compulsory then move on to the sunnah. So for example, if you don't read your salaah focus on performing your salaah 5 times a day. Once you've made this your routine and habit you can move on to your next aim. Always try and be better than yesterday and when you read your salaah imagine it's your last salaah - this will help you concentrate and focus on your salaah.

It all depends on what your struggling to stay away from - if for example your finding the opposite sex a challenge - stay away from those environments - Alhamdulilah you said you fast this will help you in sha Allah. Try and focus on your mind as well every time you think of something bad replace it with something good and STOP thinking about the bad act or thought for 5/10 mins - keep doing this until slowly the bad thought diminishes from your conscious and unconscious mind. It takes a lot of control and discipline but it all depends on how much you want to please Allah swa.

Imagine on the day of qiymaat you can fulfill all your desires and imagine receiving your book of deeds in your right hand am sure you will feel thrilled - keep this in your mind and this will motivate you. Pray to Allah swa to help you and there is also specific duas tailored for each situation - look this up depending on what your struggling with.

Also one more thing - if you find yourself having a weak moment and you find yourself committing the act again - repent - ask Allah swa for sincere forgiveness - if your sincere one of the signs i believe is you won't commit the sin again. I know it can be very difficult and challenging but remember this life is a test. Nothing comes easy.

Wishing you the best

The-Deist
01-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Walaikumu salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
Surah Ankabut (The Spider) Chapter 29 of The Holy Quran Ayat 2 29:2 Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?

Brother this is a test from Allah ask him (swt) for guidance and try to stay around good people so the salah and good things will become inshaAllah a habit (a good one ;D).
As for the sin think that will it benefit me? Before any action as yourself will I get a reward or sin recorded in my book because of this? And in this case it is a sin so refrain from it and try to do something good (go outside, stay with family) and if you do the sin you still have a chance to lose it by making tauba (repentance) and doing a good deed after it so the bad deed will get covered (I think I forgot the source of this hadith if anyone can give it to me JazakaAllahu khair)
Here is something Farhan Abdul Azeez wrote on his facebook.
Salāh is an amazing gift from Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla to this Ummah. In fact, the Sahāba loved Salāh so much that once, in a battle against Juhainah, the enemies of Allāh noticed the Muslims praying Thuhr. They thus planned to attack the Muslims when they would be praying Asr, saying "Certainly, a Salāh will come to them [Asr prayer] that it is more beloved to them than their own children." [Muslim]
Allāhu Akbar! The Sahāba loved Salāh so much to the point they preferred worshiping Allāh through that which He loves most - the Salāh - even to their own families!
Let us look at simply one aspect of how Salāh is a gift for this Ummah:
1. The Prayer Itself is an Expiation of Sins
The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said,
“The five daily prayers and Jumu'ah to Jumu'ah is an expiation of the sins committed between those times so long as one is not guilty of major sins.” [Bukhari]
When you pray ṣalātul-fajr and then you pray ṣalātul-ẓuhr, whatever small sins you have committed between those two times are forgiven by Allāh subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He). Between Jumu'ah to Jumu'ah – the whole week long – whatever sins you have committed are wiped away by virtue of praying ṣalātul-jumu'ah. Prayer in and of itself is an expiation of all minor sins.
2. Wuḍū Washes Away Sins
The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam said,
“When the Muslim or the mu'min (believer) makes wuḍū', when he washes his face, every sin that his eyes has committed (whatever ḥarām we may have looked at, if we didn't lower our gaze when we were supposed to, if we spied on someone we shouldn't have) wash away with the water or with the last drop of water. When he washes his hands, every sin his hand has committed is washed away. When he washes his feet, every sin that his feet walked towards is washed away with the last drop of water until he comes out of making wuḍū' free of sin.” [Muslim]
Can you imagine that you make wuḍū' and your sins are washed away? This whole process of prayer is a cleansing of our sins. But before you even begin prayer, your sins are washed away. Brothers and sisters, even if you have wuḍū', make wuḍū' again before prayer. Think when you are making wuḍū' and have khushū' and humility and concentration as you are washing away the sins of your hands and when you wash your mouth, you are washing away the sins of the tongue, and when you wash your face, you are washing away the sins of the eyes. It makes you humble to Allāh.
3. Walking to the Masjid Forgives Sins
“Whoever makes wuḍū' at home and then walks to the House of Allāh to perform one of the five prayers, every step he takes wipes away a sin and the next step raises his status with Allāh.” [Muslim]
When we walk from our doorstep to the car and from the parking lot to the masjid. Every step we take is a sin forgiven and the next a rank raised. And Allāh knows best regarding driving to the masjiid, we'll leave the generosity to Allāh and won't try to figure it out. When you are walking to prayer, not only have you made wuḍū' and cleansed yourself of sin, but the mercy continues as you proceed to the masjid.
4. As You Wait for Prayer in the Masjid, Angels Pray for Your Forgiveness
"The angels keep on asking Allāh's forgiveness for anyone of you, as long as he is at his Musalla (praying place) and he does not pass wind. They say, 'O Allah! Forgive him, O Allah! be Merciful to him." [Bukhari]
Subhan Allāh! Simply while waiting for prayer, angels are praying for your forgiveness and mercy!
5. When You Begin Your Prayer, You Ask Allah for Forgiveness
The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam said in authentic ḥadīth that one of the du'ā's that you can say when you begin prayer after saying “Allāhu Akbar” is:
"O Allah, put a great distance between me and my mistakes, as great as the distance You have made between the East and the West; O Allah, cleanse me of my sins as a white garment is cleansed from filth; O Allah, wash away my sins with water and snow and ice." [Nasa'i, Sahih]
6. Saying Aameen (Properly) Erases All of One's Previous Sins
“When the imām says āmīn (after Sūrat'l-Fātiḥah), say 'āmīn' because if you say 'āmīn' at the same time the angels say 'āmīn,' then all of your sins you have committed are wiped away.” [Bukhari, Muslim]
A quick tip on how to say “āmīn” at the same time as the angels: say it with proper tajwīd. The “ā” part is two ḥarakahs. “Mīn” is two, four, or six ḥarakahs, depending on what the imām is reciting. Sooner or later our “āmīn” will be at the same time as the angels. All your sins are forgiven.
7. Every time you make Ruku’ or Sujud, Your Sins Fall Away
“When the worshipper stands up in prayer, all his sins are brought and placed upon his head and shoulders, so whenever he bows and prostrates, they fall from him." [Bahyaqi, Tabaraani, authenticated by Al-AlBaanee]
Can you imagine? Brothers and sisters, when the believer prays, the believer looks at even the smallest sin as a mountain on top of his head that is about to fall on him and crush him. Sufyān al-Thawri said, “Because of just one mistake I made, I was prevented from praying in the night (qiyām'l-layl) for six months.” See how he viewed even one sin? We should be worried so much about even the smallest bad deed that we have done and wonder if Allāh will take us to account for that bad deed.
The scholars say, “Don't look at how small of a bad deed that you have done, rather look to the greatness of the One you have sinned against.” How can we sin against Allāh using the blessings that Allāh has given us? Eyesight is a gift from Allāh to us and we use it to look at ḥarām? To the believer, even the smallest of sins is a big deal. To the hypocrite, he looks at a bad deed he does - even major ones like not praying, disrespecting one's parents, not wearing proper ḥijāb - like a fly... no big deal, just shoo it away. But when the believer stands before Allāh in prayer, he realizes all his sins are on top of his heads and shoulders. He prays with so much concentration, hoping Allāh forgives his sins, so when he goes into rukū', he goes with humility and submission to Allāh. “O Allāh, I submit myself to You. O Allāh, I turn my life away from the life of sin and I commit myself to You!” With this humility, the sins fall off of your shoulders and head every time you go into rukū' and sujūd.
8. Every Sijda You Make Forgives Sins
“Make a lot of sajdah (i.e. make a lot of prayer) because for every time you make a prostration to Allāh, your rank is raised and your sin is forgiven.” [Muslim]
Subhan Allah, in addition to the hadith mentioned in #7 above, the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam specifically singled out the greatest part of prayer, the prostration, as a means by which our sins are forgiven.
9. We Sit Humbled Between Sijdas, Asking Allah for Forgiveness
In the sitting between the two sajdahs, we say, “O my Lord, forgive me.” You can also say, “O Allāh, forgive me and have mercy on me and guide me and enrich me and give me health and grant me sustenance and raise my rank.” The important point we are focusing on is that we are saying, “O my Lord, forgive me.” We ask Allah for forgiveness, and He is Al-Mujeeb, the One who constantly answers.
10. Angels Pray for Your Forgiveness After Prayer
When you are done with prayer, angels pray for your forgiveness and mercy, just like they do before prayer, so long as you stay in the same position of the prayer and don't lose wuḍū'. The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam said,
“The angels will pray for you as long as you are in the same position that you just prayed in and don't break your wuḍū'. The angels say, 'O Allāh forgive him. O Allāh have mercy on him.'” [Bukhari]
11. We Ask Allah for Forgiveness After Prayer Three Times
After pray, the Sunnah of the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) is to say, “Astaghfirullāh” three times. We ask Allāh for forgiveness with a heart humbled before Allah and hopeful that He will pardon our shortcomings and transgressions.
12. The Adhkaar After Salah Erases Sins
"He who recites after every prayer: Subhan-Allah (Allah is free from imperfection) thirty-three times; Alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah) thirty-three times; Allahu Akbar (Allah is Greatest) thirty-three times; and completes the hundred with: there is no true god except Allah. He is One & He has no partner with Him. His is the sovereignty & His is the praise, & He is Omnipotent, will have all his sins pardoned even if they may be as large as the foam on the surface of the sea." [Muslim]
How long does it take? Two or three minutes? But people don't do it... and they miss out on incredible reward.
13. Adkhār Wipes Away Sins in an Incredible Way
'There are two qualities which no Muslim person attains but he will enter Paradise, and they are easy, but those who do them are few.' The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: 'The five daily prayers: After each prayer one of you glorifies Allah 10 times (say Subhan Allah) and praises Him 10 times (say Alhamdulillah) and magnifies him 10 times (say Allahu Akbar), which makes 150 on the tongue and 1,500 in the balance.' And I saw the Messenger of Allah (SAW) counting them on his hands. 'And when one of you retires to his bed he says the tasbih (Subhan Allah) 33 times and the tahmid (Alhamdulillah) 33 times and the takbir (Allahu Akbar) 34 times, that is 100 on the tongue and 1,000 in the balance.' The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: "So which of you does two thousand five hundred bad deeds in a day and a night?" It was said: "O Messenger of Allah (SAW), how can a person not persist in doing that?" He said: "The Shaitan comes to one of you when he is praying and says: 'Remember such and such, remember such and such," or he comes to him when he is in bed and makes him fall asleep." [Hasan, Nasa’i]
Why did the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam say that on the scales, the reward is multiplied by 10? Because, Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla, the Abundantly Merciful, says
"Whoever brings a good deed shall have ten times the like thereof to his credit, and whoever brings an evil deed shall have only the recompense of the like thereof, and they will not be wronged."[Al-An'aam, 6:160]
So in Islam, every good deed is credited with 10 rewards, and every bad deed is only credited with 1 bad deed. But why did the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam say towards the end of the hadith, "So which of you does two thousand five hundred bad deeds in a day and a night?" Because, Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla says,
"...Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e. small sins). That is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)" [Hud, 11:114]
So he ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam is saying that even if you do 2,500 bad deeds in a day, if you just pray the five prayers and make this adkhār after each prayer and before you sleep say this, then even if you do 2,500 bad deeds, this adkhār wipes it out and now you are free of sin and Jannah is yours.
--
Brothers and sisters, Salah is an incredible gift from Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla for this Ummah. But I can't tell you all the above without putting it all in perspective

The-Deist
01-08-2015, 01:11 PM
And as our sister Protected Soul has the Quote of Sheikh ibn Uthaymeen
"The Bigger desire you have for a sin, the greater your imaan is if you leave it."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!