/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Apprenticeship as Management Assistant for Travel&Tourism & What do we Muslims need?

new2010
01-10-2015, 09:28 PM
AssalamuAlaikum wa rahmetuallhi wa barakatuhu,

do you've any idea if it's permissible to start an apprenticeship as a Management Assistant for Travel & Tourism? Basically that shouldn't be any problem but what when you do it in the western countries? You probably have to sell either products like beach holidays or travels that are used by people who go there for sinning. I know, we're not responsible for the doings of others but nonetheless, you could get involved in tasks to promote, such travels and that might be haram. Another things is: In this branch work a lot of woman, what is equal to fitna but where are not woman working in the west? I see no change there, of course you shouldn't go for something where a majority are woman. Allahu Alam.

Generally speaking, what kind of apprenticeships or studies are recommendable for brothers? What does the ummah need. What kind of studies have a perspective in future?

Please let me know your ideas.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
01-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Walaikumasalaam

I hope your well in sha Allah.

I think it's important to ask yourself will this job benefit you in the hereafter?

You have mentioned the environment is mostly made up of females so question yourself whether this is suitable for you.

You may be able to think the environment won't change you but in reality the people we spend our time with does shape our way of thinking and what we do. We spend a lot of time at work so make sure it doesn't take you away from the deen. Sometimes we don't see a sudden change but a slow gradual subconscious change in our way of thinking and how we behave...(and this is the most dangerous change i believe)

Am not sure about what the Islamic stance is in having a career in travel and tourism but i hope my advice helps in sha Allah.

Maybe you can read isthikhara prayer in sha Allah?

Stay safe & Allah swa knows best!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!