/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello,

Truebrew
01-11-2015, 12:33 AM
Hello,
I'm new to this forum. My husband is muslim and i allready learned a lot about islam. But i also like to talk to others about it and learn more.. There are many people around me who are against muslims and islam (family and people at work), but that's making me more and more curious. And i believe this religion gives a lot of peace in mind and soul.. So, i really want to learn and talk..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-11-2015, 02:09 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, Islam attracts a lot of negative and unjustified comments. I'm glad to hear that you have decided to do your own discovery.

I suggest you read the 4th verse 'An Nisa'.

Please browse through the historical threads and post your questions.

Wishing you a great stay

:peace:

MuslimInshallah
01-11-2015, 03:53 AM
Assalaamu alaikum True,

(smile) Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find something here to help you in your quest. (smile) Realize, though, that what you read here is not an ultimate authority, just people's (moderated) ideas and comments. (smile) Only God is an Ultimate Authority. We search for His Will through His Words, and the instructions of His prophet (PBUH), but it is each person's struggle to understand His Will that really counts. No one is perfect, and we may misunderstand, make mistakes, and plain misbehave sometimes. But if we try our best, God is very Kind and Loving.

Islam is a struggle to surrender to God's Will. You will find differing understandings of what His Will is, on this and other fora. (smile) That's ok. It's part of the richness of life, and part of our spiritual journey to have to think and choose what we feel is most pleasing to God. (smile) So I wish you all the best in this wonderful journey of discovery of Islam!

(twinkle) And don't feel you need to give your husband anything! If you are like most non-muslim women (and actually many reverts), you probably fell for the "the mehr is a token amount" line, and you don't have anything much to give back to your husband (I'm referring to An-Nisa 4). Many Muslim women don't accept a token amount. It can be an insurance policy against the difficulties of widowhood and divorce. It's probably too late for you, but any other woman reading this post should be aware of her rights. (smile) Of course the men prefer to get a good deal and get an awesome wife for practically nothing! But (sad), it may be necessary for you to have a bit of money put aside for rainier days.

May God, the Bestower, Bless you in your Islam and in your marriage.

Iceee
01-11-2015, 05:23 AM
Salaam Sister Truebrew,

Welcome to our forums!:welcome:

Yes, Islam is a peaceful religion. Feel free to browse the forums if you have any questions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
01-11-2015, 05:28 AM
:sl:

Sis , Welcome to Islam . Pl. feel free to ask about Islam in related threads or start new thread if necessary . Welcome here.

Truebrew
01-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Thank you all for a warm welcome. I will definiately take a journey through this forum and discover and learn more about Islam. There my parents are Catholic and they raised me with this religion. But i keep discovering more and more. And my husband is telling me in a clear and easy way about Islam (not pushing me into it, that would not work for me). I think it's a beautifull way of life. But i struggle alot with the meaning of family and colleagues, as i know for a fact that they are very much against Islam and Muslims... I find it hard to deal with that...

The-Deist
01-11-2015, 10:20 AM
:sl:
Sister Truebrew welcome here and May you have a great quest of knowledge and wisdom
May you gain goodness from this experience
Aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!