/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Worried about the Islamic future

sunnimuslim1878
01-12-2015, 07:10 PM
:sl:

I am a 14 year old boy wishing to become a knowledgeable Islamic person. I am worried about the future generations of Muslims.Most don't know about different fiqhs and surprisingly label them as "sects" school is only used for grades and not learning. I am wishing I was a part of the people present in the early Islamic period. People were knowledgeable,they were you could say more "social".People were pious and most of them were so knowledgeable at my age that they became alims.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
01-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Greetings,

It's always possible to look back to a supposed golden age with feelings of nostalgia, but it may well be that that time period had its own difficulties too, ones which we're not aware of. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

The best thing to do is to try and make the best of the times we find ourselves in, and then the future will have every chance of being better.

I wish you the best of luck.

Peace

BeTheChange
01-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Walaikumasalaam brother,

Do not worry - Allah swa has promised to protect the Quraan and to keep the Quraan in it's authentic form till the day of Qiymaat but that doesn't mean we can just sit back. It is our duty to learn the truth and to improve ourselves so focus on yourself, then your family, then your community etc. Increase your knowledge about what is right and what is wrong.

I think it's normal to worry about the future of the ummah but we must also focus on what is in our control which is the present and our ability to advance our own knowledge.

Your correct we have had many many inspirational characters in the past and as long as you look up to them and use their success as a motivation to drive and influence your own islamic performance in sha Allah you will ace. May Allah swa protect you from all evil and increase your emaan Ameen.

sunnimuslim1878
01-13-2015, 09:34 AM
Sorry but I have to disagree on you with the "grass is always greener on the other side."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlueOwl358
01-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman: The people used to ask Allah's Apostle about the good but I used to ask him about the evil lest I should be overtaken by them. So I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We were living in ignorance and in an (extremely) worst atmosphere, then Allah brought to us this good (i.e., Islam); will there be any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I said, 'Will there be any good after that evil?" He replied, "Yes, but it will be tainted (not pure.)'' I asked, "What will be its taint?" He replied, "(There will be) some people who will guide others not according to my tradition? You will approve of some of their deeds and disapprove of some others." I asked, "Will there be any evil after that good?" He replied, "Yes, (there will be) some people calling at the gates of the (Hell) Fire, and whoever will respond to their call, will be thrown by them into the (Hell) Fire." I said, "O Allah s Apostle! Will you describe them to us?" He said, "They will be from our own people and will speak our language." I said, "What do you order me to do if such a state should take place in my life?" He said, "Stick to the group of Muslims and their Imam (ruler)." I said, "If there is neither a group of Muslims nor an Imam (ruler)?" He said, "Then turn away from all those sects even if you were to bite (eat) the roots of a tree till death overtakes you while you are in that state."

(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 88, Number 206)

Although the conditions of the Islamic world seem pitiful, it is nothing but a period of time that has already been decided with a beginning and end. Just wait 20 or so years, I'm sure it'll change by then. The Hadith has stated, everything pitiful that has happened to this Ummah, the state of Iraq, and Syria, and in the future, that of Egypt, and the events that will follow, the conquering of North Africa and Northern Arabia under red flags, and then the Islamic Rennaisance, with the period of global Islamic unity and influence and peace and prosperity. If you want to feel better than you may as well read Islamic Eschatology.

The-Deist
01-13-2015, 10:19 PM
May Allah (swt) help us attain all of our goals (if they are good for us)
Aameen
Surah Baqarah (The Cow) Chapter 2 of The Noble Quran verse 216
2:216 Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

h-n
01-13-2015, 11:57 PM
People need to be concerned with themselves, and think of the Major signs of the Day of Judgement, where does it say about Islamic caliphate, in terms of how it will be and how long etc?? When Prophet Jesus peace be upon him comes back during his time, he will not stop warning people of the Day of Judgement, people will face the problems of Gog and Magog, the Kaaba will be destroyed. People will not know the meaning of basic religious terms. The way that some people are talking as if they are going to have a huge islamic state across the world and they are going to live happy, after the trial of the Dajjal they do get a period -a short period of happiness, they get respite after what they went through. Prophet Jesus peace be upon him will be here for 40 years. There is reference that not everyone will be listening to him when told to go up the mountain to flee from the Gog and Magod-showing disbelievers.

So, no it is rather that everyone will know about the Dajjal and the arrival of the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him, but that doesn't mean that everything will be about living and creating a state. No Prophet would ever divert people's attention, especially during the Major signs from the last day. People are easily led astray thinking of the life of this world. We do have a rule of the Mahdi-but here again isn't about living by any references of a proper state when the Dajjal is coming.

The way people are speaking about it as if its going to be some sort of utopia, and everything will be lovely, but it contradicts the signs of the Day of Judgement.

BlueOwl358
01-14-2015, 01:02 PM
We have every single detail in our Hadith that we possibly need. Creating a religious state of goodness, in a political sense, does not mean preferring this life over the hereafter. Every Prophet left his people, telling them to spread his message in a political sense as much as in a religious sense.

Abu Saeed Al-Khudri reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said "The Mahdi is from me (my progeny) and will have a broad, clear (of hair) forehead and a prominent nose and will fill the Earth with fairness and justice as it was filled with oppression and injustice, and will reign for seven years." (Abu Dawud).

Jesus himself will rule for 40 years, after which another caliph will be elected and all Muslims in the world will die simultaneously because of a great wind.

Due to the booty gained from the various conquest everyone will have so much wealth that an eyebrow will not even be raised at somebody else's wealth. Callers will proclaim in the street, ''Is anybody in need of anything?'' Nobody will respond except one person. In the latter part of Abu-Saeed al-Khudri's hadith it is mentioned ''A caller will call 'Who is in need of wealth?' Only one person will stand (and response to the call and say I am in need of wealth) he will be told to go to the treasurer and tell him that the Mahdi orders you to give some wealth. 'Gather and take it', he will be told. (He will begin to put it in his lap, when he realized that nobody else has come and he was the only one) he will regret it and say 'I was the greediest from among the Ummah of Muhammed Peace and blessings be upon him. The narrator says, he will return it but it will not be accepted and it will be said to him that we do not accept what we have given. (Ahmad)

That sounds like a kind of utopia. Only one person in the entire area in need for wealth.

Life will be very pleasant and enjoyable after his descension and the Muslims will live in comfort in his reign as a Khalifh. (Nawwas-b-Sarnaan-Muslim/Abu Umamah-Ibne Majah)

Other hadith state that 300 or so people will give allegiance to him in Mecca, which points to the establishment of a state, considering that the people of Medina giving the Prophet (pbuh) their allegiance made an Islamic State. I also wonder how a nation that has the military power to attack Rome cannot be called a state. How a nation ruling at least all of Arabia can not be called a proper state.

Every Prophet either had their nation destroyed or established a political state for their people, but a creation of one does not mean a preference of this life, nor is it a diversion of anyone's attention, that is just an assumption. The creation of a state under a future caliph is no different then the creation of the first caliphate itself. After constant expansion there was a golden age and you cannot deny that.

I fail to see how such a military entity cannot be called a state and how a state in any way, means abandonment of religious truth and the seeking of the hereafter.

Whatever will happen will only be the second time, and will not be different then what happened in the 7th century.

Muhaba
02-24-2015, 12:52 PM
It's great you think in this manner. To increase your knowledge of islam, start with the recitation, translation and commentary of the Quran. Studying the commentary of the Quran is an excellent way to get a good islamic foundation. This is because commentary covers all aspects, including history, fiqh, hadeeth, definition of terms (arabic and scientific), as well as comparative religion. Read a little commentary daily but don't let the commentary decrease your study of translation. This is because it's easier to read translation than commentary. Also, a lot of verses are clear though you may want to read the background -reason for their revelation - and any associated hadith. Also listen to scholarly lectures because they provide a basis for knowledge of various things such as aqeeda. Add to that a little hadith and a little arabic study and you're good. You don't have to spend hours studying or make a routine. You can give a little time daily. Just study something everyday. And recite the Quran daily. Also listen to it's recitation a lot. If you can understand the meaning it will help ingrain the verses in your mind. If you don't understand the meaning, reading the translation will help. Also it's possible that listening to Quran at an early age enables a person to understand it without active effort. Over time you'll build up a good basis of islamic knowledge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!