/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, nice site!

gurufabbes
01-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Sorry for the previous post in the general section, I just found what I was looking for here.

Salaam aleykum to all,

Nice forum, I've come here to learn more and ask some questions, maybe compare ideas with the members of the forum on certain topics.
Also, particularly in a critical way, to ask certain questions about Islamic practice, the Arabic language, Islamic culture and history to people who are practicing and likely more knowledgeable than your average man in the street.
I think the recent events in Paris have probably driven me to at least learn more about what I disagree with, and perhaps, do not like, rather than push myself into a bubble of ignorance where nothing changes and one closes oneself off to the answers of others.

I look forward to a fruitful exchange and hopefully good and enlightening experiences on this forum.

Kind regards,

gurufabbes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum.

There are several threads already covering the Paris bombing. Do read them.

Just to remind you a bit about this site. It is to promote the understanding of islam. Do post your questions though.

Wishing you a fruitful stay.

:peace:

sister herb
01-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Welcome to forum

Hopely you will find this place informative. It is always good to walk in the world eyes open and looking for more knowledge. We many times dislike things because we donĀ“t understand them and think that our prejudices are same than the truth.

Iceee
01-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Welcome bro. Gurufabbes!

format_quote Originally Posted by gurufabbes
I've come here to learn more and ask some questions, maybe compare ideas with the members of the forum on certain topics.
Ask away brother. Just keep in mind that this is a forum for people to learn about Islam, not promote another religion Inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gurufabbes
01-18-2015, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Welcome bro. Gurufabbes!

Ask away brother. Just keep in mind that this is a forum for people to learn about Islam, not promote another religion Inshallah.
Heaven forbid.

gurufabbes
01-18-2015, 04:19 PM
I'll be checking the forum rules if I can find them and hopefully be in contact with the moderators to keep things within the frame of what's allowed here.

sister herb
01-18-2015, 04:45 PM
I'll be checking the forum rules if I can find them and hopefully be in contact with the moderators to keep things within the frame of what's allowed here.
Forum rules:

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?..._liforum_rules

Good luck with moderators. :exhausted

Futuwwa
01-20-2015, 06:22 AM
Welcome! Enjoy your stay, and beware of the conspiracy theorists :D

Scimitar
01-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Sorry for the previous post in the general section, I just found what I was looking for here.

Salaam aleykum to all,
Wa alayk, :)

Nice forum, I've come here to learn more and ask some questions, maybe compare ideas with the members of the forum on certain topics.
Also, particularly in a critical way, to ask certain questions about Islamic practice, the Arabic language, Islamic culture and history to people who are practicing and likely more knowledgeable than your average man in the street.
I think the recent events in Paris have probably driven me to at least learn more about what I disagree with, and perhaps, do not like, rather than push myself into a bubble of ignorance where nothing changes and one closes oneself off to the answers of others.

I look forward to a fruitful exchange and hopefully good and enlightening experiences on this forum.

Kind regards,

gurufabbes
over the course of my stay here, we've had quite a few people join wiht similar reasons to your own, but most of them really weren't being honest with us, they came to troll and mock... I sincerely hope you are cut from a better cloth than those others.

Peace!

Scimi

aflawedbeing
01-21-2015, 11:37 AM
It's easy.
Stay chill, chat with us, ask us questions.

Welcome to the forums, buddy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!