/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this valid reason for Parents to keep son unmarried ?

anonymous
01-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Is this valid reason for Parents to keep son unmarried if their son is not confident on driving and does not want to drive ever . We all know that in this age a vehicle a basic necessity is like as a home and it is like failing to fulfill responsibility as husband. Please cite evidence from quran and hadith if this allowed or not ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-21-2015, 11:51 PM
There's no car during period of Rasulullah (saw). So, there' s no ayah or hadith that related to driving car.

Bro, are you sure your parent tell you "If you can't drive car, you should not get married!"?. I am not sure because I myself a father. I am sure your parent just remind you that you should can drive car if you want to be accepted by a woman and her family.

Nowadays societies indeed, expect the men to can drive car or ride motorcycle because this skill considered as one skill that the men must have. Not different than in the ancient age when the men were expected to able to ride horse.

aflawedbeing
01-22-2015, 09:05 AM
That's the reason being given?
No, that is absolutely not valid.

Why doesn't he want to drive? If it's fear, he does need to face it.
It would certainly make life a lot easier on him and his family. Without my license/car I'd be absolutely lost wallahe.
Though, it's not essential for his marriage, for sure.

greenhill
01-22-2015, 10:02 AM
I feel the two are a separate matter. The parents should not prevent the marriage.

About driving. I am of the opinion that there are already too many 'untrained' drivers on the road (especially in developing countries), and it is like having a licence to kill. If a person is not comfortable to drive, or not confident, he should not be forced. It is inconvenient but safer for others.

Some people just cannot drive. I have experienced this in the the conducting of 'defensive driving classes and riding clinics. Unfortunately, it is almost a must to have a licence for convenience sake.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdullahh
01-23-2015, 03:50 AM
I think everyone should learn to drive and own a vehicle. However, some people don't. Those people take public transportation and/or get rides from people. Driving is not ​required. It's a choice.

anonymous
01-31-2015, 09:47 AM
It would certainly make life a lot easier on him and his family. Without my license/car I'd be absolutely lost wallahe.
Exactly , you will be lost and is this a valid reason for marriage being forbidden ?. I know husbands are expected to drive wives around in this age and are embarassment to their families if they hire private and public transport

anonymous
02-23-2015, 01:01 AM
So what i walked up a long hill in snow whilst in labour to get to a taxi coz my pathetic husbnd cudnt drive,i wish it was a valid reason so i didnt marry him thougg.

فصيح الياسين
02-23-2015, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
There's no car during period of Rasulullah (saw). So, there' s no ayah or hadith that related to driving car.

Bro, are you sure your parent tell you "If you can't drive car, you should not get married!"?. I am not sure because I myself a father. I am sure your parent just remind you that you should can drive car if you want to be accepted by a woman and her family.

Nowadays societies indeed, expect the men to can drive car or ride motorcycle because this skill considered as one skill that the men must have. Not different than in the ancient age when the men were expected to able to ride horse.
Hahaha great wirtten. Really people nowdays ask driving skill. Is he going to marry traffic police officer????

Umm Abed
03-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Is he ever going to learn how to drive?

But no its not a valid reason to prevent him from getting married.

Marina-Aisha
03-19-2015, 04:34 PM
u know women can drive right? this 2015 not middle ages. im sure ur future wife can learn to drive or drive.

BeTheChange
03-19-2015, 08:44 PM
This is a new excuse i've never heard of before...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!