/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

KM789
01-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone I'm new here and joined becausee I feel lost in terms on religion. I am a sunni muslim and embarrassed to say I have no idea how to preform salat and very ashamed. I've downloaded an app recently which I've found to be very useful, but still have questions. :(

1) Salat should be performed on arabic only otherwise it is sin, is this true?
2) How do you make the intention for your prayer, do you juat tell yourself that this prayer is for etc etc in your head before beginning the prayer?
3) How long does wudu last before you have to preform ablution/wudu again?
4) There are 5 prayers each does but where does Jummah prayer come in? As in isit like the 6th mandatory extra prayer on fridays?
5) When its time for a specific prayer and you can't pray at that exact time, can you pray later? Is there a time limit for e.g. you have a certain amount of time to preform this prayer?

Thanks guys, seriously! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdullahh
01-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the forum, brother. I will answer your questions as best I can:

1. Salat should be performed in Arabic but if are new to Islam and don't know any Arabic you can pray in your native tongue until learning Arabic - Allah understands all languages, all thoughts, all intentions.

2. I'd say it aloud or in your head..Whichever you prefer.

3. I do it 5 times daily.

4. This quote should be useful "O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly, yawm al-jumʿah), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but knew!
And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah: and celebrate the Praises of Allah often (and without stint): that ye may prosper."

5. I always pray on time. You should always make prayer a top priority.

BeTheChange
01-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Hey Asalamualykum brother

Don't worry about the past - don't trouble yourself too much that it stops you from doing good today and don't forget about your bad deeds completely that it makes you ignorant and forgetful about the hereafter....(have a balance in sha Allah)

Once you've learnt how to perform salaah correctly In sha Allah try and make up for the salaah's you have missed.

In response to question 1 i believe you can only pray in Arabic. I've never come across an individual who prays the compulsory salaah in their own language (unless your making a personal dua) I could be wrong am not sure what the islamic stance is - sorry.

Question 2 - That's right, you make an intention either in your mind or verbally to Allah swa - for example fajar salaah - You make the intention ya Allah, i am praying my 2 sunnah's/2 faraz for my fajar salaah and then start your salaah in arabic....(I say this in my mother's tongue and not in arabic).

Question 3 - There are certain things which make the wuzu invalid - for example, going to the toilet, performing a sexual act with your spouse, sleeping, vomitting, laughing out loud in salaah, bleeing etc. Withe every wuzu you perform you remove the minor sins (Allah knows best) so it's pretty cool if you refresh your wuzu for each salaah in sha Allah.

Please listen to

Question 4 - The jummah salaah is only prayed on Fridays - This is only for men and not the women - am sure the brothers will be able to give you more info in sha Allah (or visit your local masjid) don't be afraid to ask the imaam!

Question 5 - When it's time to pray it's time to pray - we are not excused for delaying or missing the salaah - we have to pray when we hear the azaan or at the appointed time in sha Allah. If you miss your salaah (for example the days of ignorance it is encouraged to make up for this salaah - but some scholars state you will still be punished either way - Allah swa knows best).

If you visit this website

http://www.kalamullah.com/videos.html

Scroll right at the bottom there is a video called - Pray As You Have Seen Me Pray - in sha Allah it'll be useful for you.

Also visit http://www.kalamullah.com/my-prayer.html which gives you a Step By Step Guide To Salah

I have found a useful video on youtube which shows you how to perform your wuzu

Wishing you all the best

The-Deist
01-29-2015, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KM789
3) How long does wudu last before you have to preform ablution/wudu again?
It goes away if you pass gas (fart) , go to the toilet etc.

4) There are 5 prayers each does but where does Jummah prayer come in? As in isit like the 6th mandatory extra prayer on fridays?
It's Dhuhr paryer of Friday

5) When its time for a specific prayer and you can't pray at that exact time, can you pray later? Is there a time limit for e.g. you have a certain amount of time to preform this prayer?
First of all you should pray it in congregation (in the masjid) meaning right after the adhan.
Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "Salat in congregation is twenty-seven times more meritorious than a Salat performed individually.''
And it is said that that the most beloved deed to Allah (swt) is prayer in time, the something about parents and finally Jihad
(If im wrong you can correct me and if you can get me the sources and complete hadith)
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Hi everyone
I think Assalamu alaikum is better :sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The-Deist
01-29-2015, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
And it is said that that the most beloved deed to Allah (swt) is prayer in time, the something about parents and finally Jihad
(If im wrong you can correct me and if you can get me the sources and complete hadith)
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Found it :D
It is narrated on the authority of Abdullah bin Mas'ood (may Allah be pleased with him), who observed:
"I asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) which deed was the best." He (the Holy Prophet) replied: 'The Prayer at its appointed hour.' I (again) asked: "Then what?" He (the Holy Prophet) replied: 'Kindness to the parents.' I (again) asked: "Then what?" He replied: 'Earnest struggle (Jihad) in the cause of Allah.' I refrained from asking any more questions for fear of annoying him. (Sahih Muslim: 120)

KM789
01-29-2015, 10:43 PM
Assalamu alaikum.

JazakAllah Khair everyone, I really appreciate all your input. I will look all over clips soon and ask questions if necessary and asap.=]

The-Deist
01-29-2015, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the forum.

greenhill
01-30-2015, 12:32 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Wishing you a great stay..

:peace:

aflawedbeing
01-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Asalaamu alaykum, it would seem your questions have been answered to a beyond satisfactory standard Alhamdulillah.
May Allah swt reward the brothers and sisters for their in-put, and make this journey back to your deen easy on you! Ameen!

Welcome.

The-Deist
01-30-2015, 11:40 AM
Aameen :D

sisterjee
01-30-2015, 09:54 PM
Hi welcome to the forum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!