/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do animals jump and run away from graves?

OmAbdullah
01-30-2015, 09:19 PM
All creations accept mankind and jinn hear the crying of dead sinner people in the graves. Therefore animals start jumping near such graves. The angels beat the sinners in their graves with iron sticks and the sinners cry with horrible type of crying.

O mankind , be sincere and sympathetic to yourself, improve and correct your Faith and actions to protect yourself from that punishment which will never end. Allah will not forgive shirk (idolatery) and kufar (denying any of the articles of faith). So a person who passed away with Shirk or kufar will be in the punishment forever.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
OmAbdullah
01-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Once Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was passing in a garden along with a few companions. He was on a horse. Suddenly the horse started jumping so forcefully that Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was almost going to fall from it. Then the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم saw a few graves nearby. He asked the companions رضي الله عنهم if they knew the dwellers of the graves. One of them answered that he knew them, they were idolaters (polytheists). The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said that they were in agonizing punishment. The angels were beating them with iron rods and their cries were heard by all creatures accept man and jinn. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم also said to his companions رضي الله عنهم that he would like to pray to Allah to make them also hear the cries but he feared that they would stop burying of the dead due to fear.
(Allah knows best the words of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم , may Allah forgive me any mistakes, aameen).

greenhill
01-31-2015, 04:33 AM
That's a scary thought....to be able to hear the cries of the dead. If that were to be the case, I reckon no work will be done, and everyone will be in mosques day and night.

:peace:

The-Deist
01-31-2015, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nbegam
accept mankind and jinn hear the crying
creatures accept man and jinn
Except

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OmAbdullah
01-31-2015, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
That's a scary thought....to be able to hear the cries of the dead. If that were to be the case, I reckon no work will be done, and everyone will be in mosques day and night.

That is true. but Allah is Hakeem and Khabeer, So Allah managed the things such that we and jinns i.e. the ones under test cannot hear the cries

This is also important to mention that animals will run away from the graves of the sinners, but not so with the graves of the innocent. So birds and animals may be present near those graves from which no cries are heard.

OmAbdullah
02-07-2015, 11:39 PM
It is not only the disbelievers who are punished in their graves but also the sinner Muslims. Once the Prophet Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam passed by 2 graves. He said that the dead people in these 2 graves are crying due to punishment. Their sins were that one used to do namimah and the other did not protect his legs from urine. ( Allah knows best the exact words of HIS Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam.

It means that the 2 dead people were Muslims but they did those sins and as a result were punished i.e. the angels were beating them. Namimah means tale bearing, slander,defamation. That is a fault of our tongue due to which many Muslims will be punished in Hell. May Allah protect us but it seems very difficult especially in this era when injustices and selfishness has so much increased that to practice patience has become very difficult. May Allah bring Islamic character everywhere, aameen.

The 2nd one didn't protect his legs from urine. In another tradition I read that the dweller of the grave didn't clean his legs from urine.
The meaning is the same, i.e. his legs used to remain dirty with urine. There is a lesson for us that for our prayer, we must clean ourselves thoroughly. Here I must mention that the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam has prohibited istinjah ( washing the private parts after using toilet) on the place of excreta. One must go a little away from the dirty place and then do istinjah. But now Muslims are found to do istinjah on the high flush-seat. So where is the cleanliness?

Think! It is only our religion Islam which makes our nation so clean. No other nation is so clean. Also think! The Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam gave us such principles which are applicable in the most modern type of living conditions.

Therefore, please follow Islam in full. May Allah keep our tongues controlled and make us do our preparation for prayer in perfect way so that we are protected from the Azhaab il qabar, aameen.

greenhill
02-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the above post nbegam. The first part, I suppose we mostly know about, but the second part, the finer details, of being slightly away from the 'dirty' place is something I wasn't aware of until now.

The-Deist
02-08-2015, 11:02 AM
The 2nd one didn't protect his legs from urine. In another tradition I read that the dweller of the grave didn't clean his legs from urine.
The meaning is the same, i.e. his legs used to remain dirty with urine. There is a lesson for us that for our prayer, we must clean ourselves thoroughly. Here I must mention that the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam has prohibited istinjah ( washing the private parts after using toilet) on the place of excreta. One must go a little away from the dirty place and then do istinjah. But now Muslims are found to do istinjah on the high flush-seat. So where is the cleanliness?

Think! It is only our religion Islam which makes our nation so clean. No other nation is so clean. Also think! The Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam gave us such principles which are applicable in the most modern type of living conditions.

Therefore, please follow Islam in full. May Allah keep our tongues controlled and make us do our preparation for prayer in perfect way so that we are protected from the Azhaab il qabar, aameen.
A lesson for us :D JazakaAllahu khair sister

OmAbdullah
02-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Once when I was small, I heard some one saying that animals don't enter a graveyard because they have respect for graves. The saying was giving an impression that even animals have respect for graves. Now, after knowing the hadeeth shareef about cries of the dead from their graves and frightening of animals which then run away has made it clear. this shows the importance of Knowledge from the Holy Quraan and Sunnah. Ignorance changes darkness into light and agonizing pain into honor.

sister herb
02-10-2015, 11:21 PM
I have seen animals (hares, foxes, cats, birds) in the graveyards many times and they act normally, not run or jump or look scary. Birds make to there their nests and sing like any other places. How this is possible?

^o)

This is also important to mention that animals will run away from the graves of the sinners, but not so with the graves of the innocent. So birds and animals may be present near those graves from which no cries are heard.
Hmmm... the graveyards where I have seen animals which behave normally, have been the christian ones. Only Allah knows of course if they in there have been innocents.

OmAbdullah
02-11-2015, 01:24 AM
Once we went to a graveyard with funeral of a sister. Actually I knew the sister of the dead one and I took my children to the hospital where her body was placed. We went for the respect of the two sisters ( one alive and one dead) The body was taken to the grave yard where special female servants gave her bath and coffin. Then Imam made the Funeral prayer in the masjid of the graveyard. Then she was taken for burial. My son went with the brothers to burry her while we (a few women and girls) waited near the masjid. Suddenly my daughter told me that some birds in a tree near the grave flew away with chirping sounds. After a while men returned and my son also told me the same thing. Then we (the females ) went to her grave. Among the females there were the sister, daughter and grand daughter of the dead woman. Meanwhile fighting started between the daughter and sister of the dead woman, just near her grave. I tried to advise the two women ( sister and daughter of the dead woman) to be patient and say du'aa for the dead woman. The daughter of the dead one answered me in grief, "you don't know, this aunt didn't let me sit with my mother until her death."

When I heard this I became very upset for the dead woman because I remembered a hadeeth shareef which is: Qaati'atu raham lan-yyadkhulu aljannah. (Allah knows best the words of HIS Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam).

The meaning of this hadeeth is that the one who breaks the ties of kinship will not enter Paradise.

May Allah protect us from all such sins,aameen. But I understood why the birds flew away with chirping sounds as soon as her body was put in the grave.

Allah knows best, but I came to know from the hadeeth shareef. Also it may be that the graveyard that you mentioned about was for children. Allah knows best. May Allah forgive us any mistakes, aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!