/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Scriptures

greenhill
02-02-2015, 05:08 AM
Salaams.

I see several comments in various posts regarding the previous Scriptures. In many instances the comments with regards to them is pretty much the same, that they all conveyed the same message but along the way got corrupted with the exception of the Quran.

…Today I have completed your religion for you…,(5:3)

This means on that day what needed to be taught is taught and there are no more rulings to be added.

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.. . . . . . These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. (John 14:15-27)

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (John 16:12-14)

Underlined: Another helper (or Comforter), Spirit of Truth, wouldn’t this be a reference to Prophet Muhammad? "That he will teach all things and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you"?

In italics : “I have many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now” also goes to show that people at that time were not ready to receive a completed set of guide. The human race was still growing in maturity and understanding only capable of accepting the message during the time of our prophet (saw).

So far this is not a very good introduction, (but I am trying to format it in a way that makes it easier to follow).

My very fine remark is that the Books are all not entirely the same. Meaning that with each Book, a further set of instructions also came with it, that built from the teachings of the previous one.

As I have mentioned in some of my previous posts, that each Book had its message,

Zabur is essentially about Tauhid
Torah is Tauhid and basic human interaction
Bible taught Tauhid, basic human interaction and introduced forgiveness (to turn the other cheek)
Quran laid down the laws of living in a community (after tauhid, human interaction, forgiveness was accepted)

Each Scripture elevated man in conduct.

So, what I am trying to say is that, even if we had the Torah in its original words, the message in it would not be complete, likewise for the Bible. It is only completed with the Quran, hence Allah stated that in the verse 5:3… "Today I have completed the religion for you"

Any feedback? Seems like I am alone in this thought...

:peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Seeing as I ended the last post with islam's additional message is about living in a community, indulge me further.

To strengthen a community you need to protect the weak. The weakest are the orphans and then followed by widows/divorcee. It became a noble thing to do, to marry more and care for the community (of course subsequently exploited). Still, the laws point to the direction of making sure there is a way to care for those in unfortunate circumstances, especially the orphans. Let them be part of a family.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!