/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where to begin?

muslimperson1
02-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim

Dear fellow users (all religions and beliefs valued- some less than others lol!)

For some time now my belief in religion is dwindling. There are a few questions I have which have basically clouded my entire belief in Islam. I have done extensive research (but by no means consider myself an expert) and found no possible answers which allow my faith to return to how it was. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place and will find the answers here Inshallah. There are a few of them, and my current thoughts which is making it difficult for me to hold those beliefs.

I have asked several questions with a brief view of some of my current problems with those beliefs. If you have time please kindly answer my questions. I apologise in advance for the sensitive nature of these questions. May Allah bless you and your families.

1. why does homosexuality exist in animals? will these animals burn forever in hell just like humans? If Ghandi was gay and had sex with a man is he bound for hell?

I have come to believe that this is a "problem" you are born with or that it occurs in children at a very young age. Does this occur when the male population is so high, that individuals within that society become gay to earn the affections of others, as they will be unable to find a female to mate with. the protection of a stronger male has many advantages - safety, food etc. So is this why it happens in animals (they are incapable of higher thought so it must be a subconscious choice which has become ingrained in their genetic make up. If this is the case is it not possible this could happen in humans, as an adaptive mechanism to ensure survival (at the expense of offspring)

[other questions removed as requested]

Thank you and may God bless you! Please reply in kindness and open hearts and minds, thankyou

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the forum.

This is supposed to be an introduction to yourself. . . :p and all your questions should have been posted in another thread.

Wishing you a great stay and may you get your questions answered. Maybe later I can make an attempt. :hmm:

In the meantime, do browse through the threads.

:peace:

Scimitar
02-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Assalaam alaikum,

welcome to the forum

browse, use the search function too - you'll be surprised at the wealth of info stashed away in our digital archives :D

Scimi

muslimperson1
02-02-2015, 07:55 AM
many thanks for your response. I am reading some very interesting posts as we speak. Glad to hear i'm not the only one with some problems which hopefully inshallah will soon be rectified. Kindly awaiting knowledge. Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
02-02-2015, 08:24 AM
believe me bro, when I first joined here, I was a bit of a mess too.

:)

Scimi

saifdeen
02-02-2015, 10:47 AM
You're questions are all easily answerable though, at first I thought it was an undercover atheist or christian that read some articles from Robert Spencer's website answering-islam. Especially the part about pagan overlaps, even an undereducated muslim with western values of homosexuality and other issues knows that the pagans had a lot of parts from the religion of Abraham a.s. Other giveaways were your referencing Christianity (and Judaism) but not understanding the common links, Uthman burning books and the moongod analogy.

For all that and all the other questions look at answering-christianity.com on the Islam Q and A section
another one is reddit.com/r/islam/wiki/index
But there are loads of places to understand these things. You say you're a scientist but perhaps you should undertake the study of Islam? Your imaan (belief) is low because your knowledge is low.

muslimperson1
02-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Yes I am reading more Quran and making time for it in my busy life. I also understand that I have asked probably too many questions. If people could focus on maybe just one issue that would be great. The point I think which I have most trouble with is seeing homosexual acts in animals and not knowing how this fits in with islam. Could readers please address this question first. many thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!