/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to be a true believer so that shaotan wont be be able to influence you

legendaryman
02-02-2015, 09:12 AM
assalamualikum (the peace and blessings of allah be on all of you)
iam 21 years old i live in a place or city where people did not practice islam strictly means they leave prayers... etc but mashallah from last few months i am trying to practice it strictly but i have noticed that shaitan is trying to influence me and the worst thing is i am getting influenced and i am doing sins like adultry,listening to music some other minor sins and ...how to stop this influence of shaitan ..i have read some where that "' there was a conversation between shaitan and allah (swt) that ,if you are true believer than shaitan will never influence me nor he will try make me to do sins ....my question is "''what mean a true believer how to become a true believer??? and can someone able quote that conversation from quran ..thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

The true believer is someone who avoid sin because he believe Allah forbid him to doing sin. And if he is still doing sin he does not blame shaytan for this.

:)

BeTheChange
02-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Brother i don't think any of us will NEVER be influenced by the shaytaan. He has a role which is simply to deviate us from Islam. Allah swa has given him permission to lead mankind astray until the day of judgement.(Allah swa knows best!)

There's a great e-book if you wish to download/print this called 'Waswasah : The Whispering of the Shaitan' from this website https://www.kalamullah.com/waswasah.html

You've mentioned your struggling with a few sins - i would advise to combat each sin one at a time so you can focus on cleaning your heart, mind & soul. I would 100% recommend this documentary called 'The Music Industry Exposed' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUByL6LRj2I - Maybe this will encourage you stop listening to music? I don't know which genre of music you listen to but ALL genres are haraam - i suppose you need to question yourself why are you listening to music? it it because you want to ignore reality? is it because you're bored? is it because you’re a fan of a particular 'artist'? is it because you want to look 'cool?' etc. Depending on the reason you many need to find an alternative. For example, if you’re bored listen to an Islamic lecture instead to keep your mind engaged and thinking? If you want to look cool brother, your cool image isn't going to take you to jannah brother etc - just try changing your mindset...

Adultery

Please read the article called The Remedy for Excessive Love of Women

https://www.kalamullah.com/brothers00.html

Am sure you know better than me brother but this is a HUGE sin which am sure you're aware of. A lot of people would comment and say your have done a great injustice to your wife, your children & family (which is true) - but i would say first and foremost you have done a great injustice to yourself. You will need to demonstrated you have self-respect not just by a couple of words but by your actions - try and identify why you are looking at other women to fulfil your desires and not your wife - question yourself and again, depending on the reason provide a solution for yourself.

I would also like to say this - at the start you mentioned you live in a society where it's the norm for people to miss their prayers - i think sometimes (forgive me for being harsh) we say this as humans to move the responsibility and blame from ourselves. Maybe this is a great way for shaytaan to validate our wrong actions? Allah swa will never accept our excuses (Allah swa knows best) we need to follow the guidelines and legislations and only then will we succeed. We cannot blame anyone else but ourselves because

1) We have CHOSEN to live in this society
2) We CHOOSE to neglect our prayers
3) We CHOOSE to let society impact our actions

I hope my thoughts and advice helps – turn to Allah swa and not society/mankind – May Allah swa guide you and give you the power to overcome all bad deeds Ameen

MuslimInshallah
02-02-2015, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by legendaryman
i have read some where that "' there was a conversation between shaitan and allah (swt) that ,if you are true believer than shaitan will never influence me nor he will try make me to do sins ....my question is "''what mean a true believer how to become a true believer??? and can someone able quote that conversation from quran ..thanks
Assalaamu alaikum Legendary,

(smile) I haven't seen you for a while. I'm glad you're trying to get closer to Allah. And I hope your employment problems are over, and that your health question may be resolved in a way beneficial to you.

I believe that you are perhaps thinking of this: Qur'an 39-42.

"My Lord!" (Iblis) said. "Since You made me slip up, I'm going to make (immorality and wickedness) seem proper and good to those on earth, and I'm going to deviate all of them (morally)- except (of course), for Your sincere servants among them."

"The path (that they follow) will be the straight one that leads back to Me," (God) answered, "and you'll have no power over My servants, except for the ones who put themselves in the wrong and follow you."

The Meaning of the Holy Qur'an in Today's English, Extended Study Edition by Yahiya Emerick

(smile) You see? Shaitan can't make you do anything. But he will certainly whisper suggestions to you. He does this to everyone, you know. But no one is forced to follow his suggestions… it is we ourselves who choose what we do.

(smile) If you want to become a better believer, then I would suggest you read more of the Qur'an yourself. The long road starts with one step. It seems to me that you have already started walking. But you need a good map or guidebook to help you on your way. (smile) As Allah Says in the Qur'an 2:

Sahih International: This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -

(smile) Try reading a translation for 15 minutes before you go to bed, and then reciting the same passage in Arabic the next morning when you wake up (after fajr prayers). If you can't read Arabic, then read more of the translation. If you do this regularly, I suspect you may find that your life starts to gradually change in more positive directions.

May Allah, the Firm, yet Gentle, Help you find your way.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-02-2015, 11:43 PM
One day the young Ardianto was sitting in a cafe and the waiter asked him the drink that he wanted to order. He chose beer. Then he enjoyed his beer, and he noticed someone in another table was enjoying juice that also available in that cafe.

Time passed by.

The old Ardianto comes to a cafe. The waiter ask him the drink that he want to order. He notice, beer is available. But he choose coffee. Then he enjoy his delicious coffee while smile and say to himself "If I can enjoy the delicious halal drink like this coffee, why should I drink a haram drink?".

Live is choosing. In life we often face situation which we must choose to do the good thing or the bad thing. This is the moment when shaytan try to influence our mind to do the bad thing. But the decision to choose is still in our hands. So we cannot blame shatyan.

Shaytan works through influencing our mind. So what we can do to fight shaytan seduction?.

Use our Iman to influence our mind to make a good reason to argue the shaytan seduction.

Since I was kid I know that drink alcohol is haram. However, when I realize it, shaytan seduce me with "Allah is forgiving. He will forgive you if you seek forgiveness. So just drink, and then seek forgiveness". So I drank because shaytan gave me good reason why I should drink although I knew that Allah forbid it.

Later I realize that Allah has provide me with many halal drink that I can choose. Coffee, tea, juice, etc. It raised a question in my mind "If halal drinks are available in everywhere, why should I choose to drink haram drink?". So when shaytan try influence my mind to drink alcohol, my mind can argue "If I can enjoy delicious halal drink, why should I drink a haram drink?".

Alhamdulillah, I have stopped drink alcohol since long time ago. :)

greenhill
02-03-2015, 03:23 AM
Yes very true br Ardianto. I would like to share a story of when I was in boarding school in the UK all those years ago.

I was sitting for lunch one day and along comes a class mate who happens to be a son of a renowned politician of Malaysia (now a lawyer). We discussed the 6th form party that was happening later that night. We were all given 'beer chits' to be exchanged for the beers.

Anyway, in the conversation of course we would be drinking the beer, so I asked why drink something haram and avoid eating the haram foods available in the canteen? His answer typifies our selective point of view we have.

He says, "eating pork is more haram!"...and the words that came out of my mouth surprised me as I said it (without proper knowledge) that "haram is haram. We cannot say say one thing is more haram than the other." and went on to justify my statement by saying that if we could get drunk from eating pork we probably eat it. Right now we only get full, and there's other foods available for that purpose. So we don't eat pork. If beer does nothing more than the likes of coke, would we be drinking it? So, we tend to rationalise things, rightly or wrongly..:hmm:

:peace:

The-Deist
02-03-2015, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Protected Soul
is it because you want to look 'cool?'
You got to get a beard to look "cool" in my opinion
in shaa Allah all of us (males ;D ) will get it it's sunnah

The-Deist
02-03-2015, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
(smile) You see? Shaitan can't make you do anything. But he will certainly whisper suggestions to you. He does this to everyone, you know. But no one is forced to follow his suggestions… it is we ourselves who choose what we do.
Surah Ibrahim ayah 22
14:22 And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment."

ardianto
02-04-2015, 02:39 PM
I was 20 and actually had turned back into a good guy again when my friend told me at one night
"Let's we go clubbing, Ardianto"
"I don't like clubbing"
"Why?. You are still young!. You must enjoy the life!"
" No, thank!. I won't go with you!"

My friend repeated his 'suggestion' in the next night. Still I said "No!". But after few nights I began to thinking "Yeah, why not?".

Immediately crazy parties in club became my new habit. Not only drink again, but I began to drunk again. My life was messed up in that time.

One thing that we must aware, shaytan often whisper his suggestions to us through human. So, be careful in choosing friends.

legendaryman
02-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Assalaamu alaikum
walaikumsalam mus...
I hope your employment problems are over, and that your health question may be resolved in a way beneficial to you.
yeah .,,by grace of god.,,they all have solved and i actually got a job of simple electrician with a good income....and also the way i think was also changed........

legendaryman
02-05-2015, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
One thing that we must aware, shaytan often whisper his suggestions to us through human. So, be careful in choosing friends
my friend after searching i found this i watch this video named Satan Speaks Out - Devils Message To Man very very good video [[[goo.gl/UYMGXm ]]]]

.....watch it until you understand his manipulations....

MuslimInshallah
02-11-2015, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by legendaryman
walaikumsalam mus...
yeah .,,by grace of god.,,they all have solved and i actually got a job of simple electrician with a good income....and also the way i think was also changed........
Assalaamu alaikum Legendary,

(smile) This is wonderful news! I am so happy for you.

Might I suggest that you post this on your previous thread? I think it could be useful for other readers to know that Allah Gave you another way out of your problems, when you felt sure you had none.

May Allah, the Bestower, Bless you in your new job, and Help you to be the best electrician that you can be.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!