/* */

PDA

View Full Version : istekhara results

sisterjee
02-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Assalam alaikum everyone. I had istekhara done fron dawat e islami online and they emailed me saying the istekhara came back saying the matter was better for me does that mean it is better for my future and i will not have problen with that issue if go for. it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
02-03-2015, 03:41 PM
:wa:

sis , pl. ask them to explain the dream to you ; so that u can take decision .

May Allah grants what is best for u .

greenhill
02-04-2015, 12:53 AM
Really, can that be done? Istiqarah via online?

I'm not sure if I personally could accept their findings.... I'll just be full of was-was..not saying anything on their integrity or implying anything either.... these kinds of things I'd have to do it for myself as it is a matter personal to me..

:peace:

Scimitar
02-04-2015, 05:54 AM
You should do istikhara yourself.

Why haven't you?

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
02-04-2015, 11:07 AM
:salam:
I ask my Mom to do my istikhara at times so, as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with asking others who you deem more pious then you and know has a better relation with Allah Most High. Of course this would mean you have to be certain of the person doing Istikhara for you so I wouldn't really get a random person to do it. Just my 2cents.

Ofcourse I also do it myself lol. Nothign wrong with more than 1 person doing Istikhara as far as I know.

ardianto
02-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

Purpose of istikhara is not to see the future, but to 'open our eyes', so we can take the best decision. Istikhara work through showing us something that we haven't know or we haven't realize at the moment.

Like example that I have written in another thread. A girl get marriage proposal. Then few days later few people make positive comment about that guy. So this girl know that guy has good reputation, and it becomes her consideration.

Zeal
04-15-2017, 05:40 AM
I keep forgetting the du'a

Funny thing: search for istikhara on IB and you mostly get marriage threads :D

Finding MEMO
04-15-2017, 10:41 PM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Istikhara is a forgotten dua, its actually a mercy from Allah swt to directly ask him for guidance.
No matter if the problem is small or big, the point is to constantly remember Allah swt.

Anytime a Muslim is making a decision, he or she should seek Allah's guidance and wisdom. Allah alone knows what is best for us, and there may be good in what we perceive as bad, and bad in what we perceive as good. If you are ambivalent or unsure about a decision you have to make, there is a specific prayer for guidance (Salat-l-Istikhara) that you can do to ask for Allah's help in making your decision.

The Prophet Muhammad said, "If one of you is concerned about some practical undertaking, or about making plans for a journey, he should perform two cycles (rak'atain) of voluntary prayer." Then he/she should say the following du'a:

Dua translation:

Oh Allah!

I seek Your guidance by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power; I have none. And You know; I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things.

Oh Allah! If in Your knowledge, (this matter*) is good for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs, immediate and in the future, then ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me. And if in Your knowledge, (this matter*) is bad for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs, immediate and in the future, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it. And ordain for me the good wherever it may be, and make me content with it.

** you need to say your question when the section for appears (this matter*)

Dua in English:
Allahumma inni astakheeroka bi ilmik. Wa'astaq-diroka biqodratik. Wa'as'aloka min fadlikal-azeem. Fa'innaka taqdiru wala aqdir. Wata lamo wala-a lam. Wa'anta-allamul ghuyoob.

Allahumma in kunta ta lamu anna (hathal-amra*) khayul-lee fi deenee wama ashi wa ajila amri wa'ajilah, faqdorho lee, wayassirho lee, thomma-barik lee fih. Wa'in konta ta lamo anna (hathal-amra*) sharrul-lee fi deenee. Wama ashi. Wa ajila amri. Wa'ajilaho. Fasrifho annee. Wasrifnee anh. Waqdur leyal-khayr haytho kan. Thomma ardini bih.

Finding MEMO
04-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Attachment 6108

Umm Malik
04-15-2017, 11:06 PM
You should do it yourself because it's have a lot of meanings which the owner have to feel, and believe , so to speak
No one can do it for you expect you
They can ask Allah for you but not istikharah
you should do it and go ahead and Allah will do the best for you
May Allah help you sister

Finding MEMO
04-15-2017, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik
You should do it yourself because it's have a lot of meanings which the owner have to feel, and believe , so to speak
No one can do it for you expect you
They can ask Allah for you but not istikharah
you should do it and go ahead and Allah will do the best for you
May Allah help you sister
Absolutely agree, one should do it themselves.
Why would you deny this opportunity to directly connect with Allah swt?

Remember if you don't get a answer that you can decipher then that probably is a answer in itself.

Allah Allam

Butterfly
04-16-2017, 04:37 AM
There is another side to Istikhara that I haven't seem members mention here. We ask Allah for guidance and we ask Allah for good when we pray and make Dua of Istikhara. That doesn't mean that the outcome will 100% be good in our eyes or what is apparent to us. I'll explain:

Let's say I prayed Salat ul-Istikhara for marriage (most common example). Everything was smooth, got married...then troubles started. Why did troubles start? Why would Allah allow me to marry someone that was a bad companion for me? It is because Allah knows what we don't know. I could have had pride or haughtiness in my heart. Allah chose a path for me to rid me of my pride. By dissolving my marriage, I could be rid of my pride and have a softer heart, saving me from punishment in the grave and hell fire and in sha Allah earning a place in Jannah. We all have our faults, Istikhara is a tool to help us in this life AND the hereafter. The outcome will be one that is designed for the person taking the action. Others can only make dua, not perform istikhara for that person.

We always have to remember that Allah knows what we don't know. We rely and trust in Allah through our journey here.

Butterfly
04-16-2017, 04:40 AM
Edit: This was a very old thread. Just read the dates. My post isn't relevant now.

Thanks @Finding MEMO for posting the dua!

Finding MEMO
04-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Attachment 6109

Scimitar
04-17-2017, 07:18 PM
that doesnt make sense lol

we make a decision after istikhara result, not during the istikhara prayers lol

Scimi

Finding MEMO
04-17-2017, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
that doesnt make sense lol

we make a decision after istikhara result, not during the istikhara prayers lol

Scimi
Are you referring to the quote?

ZeeshanParvez
04-17-2017, 08:12 PM
You do Istikhaara yourself.

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) taught the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) how to do Istikhaara.

He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) did not do it for them.

Follow the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). Follow the Sunnah. Learn and do Istikhaara yourself.

Having a dream is not a condition for the validity of Istikhaara.

Read the wording of the du'aa of Istikhaara. It will surprise you. You will learn that Allaah will either make the matter easy for you or keep you away from it.

Allaah is not restricted to giving you the results via a dream.

Neither does the hadith on Istikhaara mention a dream.

Even the scholars outlined that you don't have to have a dream.

Allaah has many ways to make something easy for you or keep you away from it.

Finding MEMO
04-17-2017, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
You do Istikhaara yourself.

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) taught the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) how to do Istikhaara.

He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) did not do it for them.

Follow the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). Follow the Sunnah. Learn and do Istikhaara yourself.

Having a dream is not a condition for the validity of Istikhaara.

Read the wording of the du'aa of Istikhaara. It will surprise you. You will learn that Allaah will either make the matter easy for you or keep you away from it.

Allaah is not restricted to giving you the results via a dream.

Neither does the hadith on Istikhaara mention a dream.

Even the scholars outlined that you don't have to have a dream.

Allaah has many ways to make something easy for you or keep you away from it.
Please clarify who mentioned having a dream as a answer to Istikhara?

Zeal
04-17-2017, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Finding MEMO
Please clarify who mentioned having a dream as a answer to Istikhara?
I think his just addressing common misconceptions.

Reminder
04-18-2017, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
I think his just addressing common misconceptions.

Guidance from Istikhara is normally by dream.

Finding MEMO
04-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Normally brother but not always.

There are 3 ways Allah swt delivers his guidance to you and for every dua and every situation it's a different method.

The 3 ways are:

A) Either you will see the answer in a dream.

B) You will wake up with a feeling of inclination generally towards a yes or no.

C) You will not be able to reach a decision because Allah swt has not ordained it for you in this moment.

With all above scenarios it's a win - win because the point is to ask Allah swt constantly about everything small or big!

He will place the answer in your heart and guide you, just keep believing in the almighty.

The message here is YOU WILL BE GUIDED, even if you don't understand it.

With time you develop a relationship with Allah swt and if your blessed - you will understand the signs only meant for you.

I would strongly recommend Tahjud Salah, putting your head in Sajood and just talking.

It does wonders for the soul.
Why deny yourself Allah's mercy?

Allah O Alam

ZeeshanParvez
04-24-2017, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
Guidance from Istikhara is normally by dream.
No, it is not.

ZeeshanParvez
04-25-2017, 12:10 AM
Ibn al-Haaj al-Maaliki said:

Some of them pray istikhaarah as prescribed in sharee’ah and then wait until they see a dream from which they will decide whether they should go ahead and do whatever they prayed istikhaarah about or not, or until someone else sees a dream for them. This does not count for anything, because the infallible one (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us to pray istikhaarah and consult others, not to rely on what is seen in dreams. End quote

Al-Madkhal, 4/37

Reference(s):

How to benefit properly from Istikhaarah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!