/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone lend a hand and get your opinion heard? :)

DMELDER
02-04-2015, 12:30 PM
I am a third year criminology student at Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham and was wondering if as many people as possible could fill in my questionnaire?

Growing up with Catholic parents I was very limited in the religions and cultures I was exposed to. Now I am an adult I would love to find out more about the views and opinions of different religions.

In particular I am very interested to try and find the different perspectives that are held by different religions when it comes to crime.

Although I expected that this type of study would have been carried out before, I am unable to find any study that has even taken account for the views of different religions when it comes to crime and rehabilitation!

Please copy and paste the the link below if you want to find out more

survey.bris.ac.uk/ntupsychology/treatmentofoffenders

It would be a great help if as many people as possible could fill this in! I would love to hear you have to say.

Thank you for your time,

D. Melder

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
02-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Hey D

I've filled in the questionnaire for you. Got the below response

Thank you!
Thank you for completing the questionnaire. The nature of this study was to try and investigate whether a persons religious affiliation changes in anyway their views towards how we should treat a criminal once they have been convicted of a crime.
If this research has raised any concerns or you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me.

Just a little critique i thought it would be useful to have a 'not sure' option as some of the statements i didn't agree and i didn't disagree so i selected a random answer...

In terms of religion and crime - i'm a Muslim and i follow the religion of Islam we have a very strict guideline on how people should be treated or the consequences of different bad acts they commit.

In all honesty we don't believe in mankind interpretation of justice. We believe true justice will come from Allah (God) alone and no court system or humans can offer TRUE justice that the victim deserves. Islam also stresses the importance of forgiveness.

Hope this helps & all the best with your studies!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!